test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refinement: Technical Details

Comments

• onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2017

@noworries will the existing marks of power / greater marks of power etc in the live server be converted to enchanting stones /greater enchanting stones or are those useless?

The test patch today did this. You must move a character to the test server in order for this process to work. An existing character on Test will not have their marks converted to enchanting stones. At least, that is what I found on test with my toons.

So...move a character to test. Login to that character and you will see their Marks of Union/Stability/Power are converted to the appropriate Enchanting Stones.

Also, the Dungeon unlocks made it to test. So if you have a character that has all the dungeons unlocked, then you can login to them first. Then when you login to your characters that do not have the dungeons unlocked, the dungeons will show they are unlocked.

**EDIT**

Per the patch notes, if your marks did not convert on your character, just type /convertmarkstoenchantingstones in your chat dialogue box and that will initiate the conversion. I used it on the characters I had on the server prior to the patch and it worked for them.
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

thanks,any idea when this will go live?

"Probably towards the end of October sometime" is the best guess so far. No official announcement.
    That's about the time Destiny2 comes out on PC.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @noworries#8859 what the hell

image image

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

@noworries#8859 what the hell

image image

Given that the stats were adjusted on the initial posts of this thread and a post was made saying that the top level would be 20,000. That should make it clear this is just a bug.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The preview release notes state that the HP was INCREASED 250% to 80k....which is the bug, the 80k or the 20k?
    Post edited by niadan on
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    It will be 20k when it goes live
    Ty for the quick response!
  • draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 What is going to happen to the marks needed for Relic weapons? If anything.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2017

It will be 20k when it goes live

20K is IMO lo low for this to be a viable alternative, but 80K was ... excessive. Personally I would have gone for 40K - that's just about right for some classes/builds to make people stop and think whether to use this or bondings - neither is "obviously" better for all circumstances.

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
    @adinosii

Agree. When it was first announced that the HP would be 80k, I thought "SCORE!". And I play a High HP CW....not your traditional squishy. 20k is not enough for me to think about giving up my sellsword...80k was interesting.
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User

@noworries#8859 What is going to happen to the marks needed for Relic weapons? If anything.

In https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12988565, Asterdahl said:

No adjustments will be made to weapons. If you don't want to invest in something above the crafted Chultan weapons, that's okay. Those weapons are there as a catch up and alt-friendly weapon set.

Naturally, we'll be introducing newer stronger weapons at some point. (Though not with Module 12B.)

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 good job on correcting the values of double slotted enchantments!
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    80K down to 20K hp? For a brief moment I thought there was a ray of light but nope... I was hallucinating that anything good is coming out of this.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    GAME BREAKING:
    tenebrous are proccing off weapon enchantments dots!
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    rayrdan said:

@noworries#8859
    GAME BREAKING:
    tenebrous are proccing off weapon enchantments dots!

They proc off literally any damage, including reflection damage and even themselves. I reported this earlier in a private message, since it obviously looks unintended.

12b - Let the reflection battles begin

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    I have been testing the Tenebrous (Transcendent) on preview and it is not proccing from all souces of damage. It basically procs from skills and weapon enchant damage. It nevers procced from itself. This has been tested with SW and GWF using all Transcendent weapong enchants availables on preview.

Anyway Tenebrous is affected by monster level difference so it only does 75% of the original damage expected, and then if goes through normal Damage Resistance because Tenebrous does not piercing damage.

By the way, it seems to be affected by some kind of hardcap by time delta so the slower you attack the more Tenebrous procs you get. For obvious reasons no one is going to attack slowly because the Tenebrous procs don't compensate for the DPS lost for attacking slowly.

If you have found any skill that procs like crazy post the test data so devs can investigate it better.
    edited September 2017
    nisckis said:

I have been testing the Tenebrous (Transcendent) on preview and it is not proccing from all souces of damage. It basically procs from skills and weapon enchant damage. It nevers procced from itself. This has been tested with SW and GWF using all Transcendent weapong enchants availables on preview.

Anyway Tenebrous is affected by monster level difference so it only does 75% of the original damage expected, and then if goes through normal Damage Resistance because Tenebrous does not piercing damage.

By the way, it seems to be affected by some kind of hardcap by time delta so the slower you attack the more Tenebrous procs you get. For obvious reasons no one is going to attack slowly because the Tenebrous procs don't compensate for the DPS lost for attacking slowly.

If you have found any skill that procs like crazy post the test data so devs can investigate it better.

Okay, please explain this triple proc of the enchant. (encounter power dot applied to the target once, and then ignored)

And this (feat dot applied once to the target)

This was tested before the current preview version. It is quite likely that the ICD were added back to the enchant, which would match your findings, but also disagree with the Tech Details thread. It's not like they couldn't have nerfed it between when I tested it and the current preview version, since I reported it fairly early after 12b came to preview.

(jumping on preview to check)

edited September 2017
    Yup it was most definitely nerfed on preview. It only happens on power activation instead of on every single tick of damage. Kinda sad that the enchant will be fairly worthless now though if it has an ICD as well. I was looking to be BiS for pvp before this nerf due to proccing off reflection damage.

EDIT - As far as I can tell it doesn't have an ICD, just the time between power usage, which is likely what you were actually talking about. Reading hard.

EDIT - They also still multi-proc for some reason. This might be related to the number of them you have equipped.

EDIT - That looks like this:

EDIT - And it looks like it cannot even be activated on the first tick of the dot powers I am testing (Brand of the Sun, break the spirit, forgemaster's flame)

@darthtzarr ok, we tested different preview version, so that was the reason for the differences. Thanks for testing it again.

From your most recent test it seems that we both agree that now it's more a casual enchant that the new game meta. In my opinion, the "fix" is pretty severe from a PVE perspective, don't know for PVP as I don't PVP. Maybe it could be cool if the Tenebrous stats where different depending if you are flagged for PVP or not.

When I tested it I was equipped with 4 Tenebrous so maybe you are right that the number of equipped enchants does matter, because the "hardcap by time delta" (game heart beat?) I mentioned was exactly 4, no matter how many damage sources where involved.

I'll try testing with different numbers of equipped enchants.

PS: I was testing 4 because at rank 14 you need 4 of them to cap the proc chance.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    if someone could send me again a set of 4 tenebrous i will give my opinion. im sure they are still broken
    Tenebrous shouldn't work off of reflected damage or DoTs. I'm still trying to pin down why the multiprocs happen as that is not intended. Even with multiple Tenebrous enchantments it should just increase the chance of proccing not cause multiprocs, so that is a bug.
    @noworries#8859 I have not seen multiprocs on my test (SW and GWF) but with 4 Tenebrous I have not been able to get more than 4 activations on the same "instant" no matter how many targets I do hit. Anyway this probably is a false pattern because getting 5 procs on a 8 targets hit it's around 18 every 1000 (1 every 56).

Anyway, what is considered "when striking a foe"?
    As far as I understand, reflected damage should not proc at all and DoT should only proc once per target affected.

By the way Pillar of Power doesn't proc Tenebrous at all, not even once.
    nisckis said:

@noworries#8859 I have not seen multiprocs on my test (SW and GWF) but with 4 Tenebrous I have not been able to get more than 4 activations on the same "instant" no matter how many targets I do hit. Anyway this probably is a false pattern because getting 5 procs on a 8 targets hit it's around 18 every 1000 (1 every 56).

Anyway, what is considered "when striking a foe"?
    As far as I understand, reflected damage should not proc at all and DoT should only proc once per target affected.

By the way Pillar of Power doesn't proc Tenebrous at all, not even once.

I may be misreading what you are typing, but getting 4 procs on the same damage application would be multiproccing as with 4 Tenebrous enchantments they shouldn't all be firing, they should be increasing the chance of a single fire. Meaning that you should never see more than one Tenebrous damage from a single damage application.

Testing on a single target with how Tenebrous is on preview right now, I can fairly often get multi-procs from single target/single damage abilities. Which is not working as intended.

Tenebrous shouldn't work off of reflected damage or DoTs.

Does this mean that if I use Brand of the Sun (Devoted Cleric At-will that applies a damage over time to the target) repeatedly on the target that I have a 0% chance of proccing Tenebrous regardless of how many times I hit the enemy with Brand of the Sun?

Currently I preview I hit the training dummies approximately 200 times with 3 r13 Tenebrous enchants equipped and gots 0 procs. This 200 does not count the damaging ticks of Brand of the Sun, only the application of it. Is this working as intended?

Does this mean that if I use Brand of the Sun (Devoted Cleric At-will that applies a damage over time to the target) repeatedly on the target that I have a 0% chance of proccing Tenebrous regardless of how many times I hit the enemy with Brand of the Sun?

Currently I preview I hit the training dummies approximately 200 times with 3 r13 Tenebrous enchants equipped and gots 0 procs. This 200 does not count the damaging ticks of Brand of the Sun, only the application of it. Is this working as intended?

The effect procs off of damage which isn't DoT or reflected damage. It doesn't proc off of abilities being used. Brand of the Sun only applies a damage that is a DoT (there is no difference between the first tick of a DoT and subsequent ones).

This would be working as intended.
    edited September 2017

The effect procs off of damage which isn't DoT or reflected damage. It doesn't proc off of abilities being used. Brand of the Sun only applies a damage that is a DoT (there is no difference between the first tick of a DoT and subsequent ones).

This would be working as intended.
    Doesn't this somewhat make the enchant completely unusable by any class that relies on DoTs to deal damage? SW, DC, HR (trapper), and maybe to a lesser extent CW and TR? Why wasn't it made to proc on only the first hit similar to a weapon enchant?

EDIT - it's worth noting that Tenebrous seems to still proc off of the first hit of DoT powers if the DoT also procs a weapon enchant at the same time, since the weapon enchant causes a non-dot damaging hit. I could not replicate any situation where this increased the number of procs, simply allowed some dot powers to proc tenebrous where they weren't able to before.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on