test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Faster Campaign Progression for Alts

Comments

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

No, not all campaign gives weekly AD quest. e.g. SKT and RD. Those are the campaigns that make creating those token stupid. It is not stupid for other campaigns such as Dread Ring, sharanader, etc.

I'm displeased with the farm to reduce farm too. But to be completely fair, RD weekly gives a bit of AD via salvageable (2k-3k w/o bonuses). RD is also possible source for runic keys via EoE farm and volenblod is not as irritating to get as from SKT.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Should put never campaign currencies to Genie's gift then!
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

Should put never campaign currencies to Genie's gift then!

That will probably become the new "Efreeti's Gift"... same as the Genie's, but for stuff you need for later campaigns... they can be traded for 10 Of Any Campaign Currency, but you have to craft them and they take one week and cost 10'000 AD and 9 of the same curency to make... it's all about time saving after all.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev hey m8, over 2 weeks without a comment since your initial post. It would be nice to know if this is because:

a. you are happy with the original idea & see no need of debate
    or
    b. you are reviewing the idea based on some of the feedback (the more constructive comments)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    To be fair, it's been only a little over a week since Trips updated on-behalf-of to say it was getting a look but was behind some priority fixes.

Still, since we're likely getting closer to a locked-in build, it would be reassuring to hear something.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@rgutscheradev hey m8, over 2 weeks without a comment since your initial post. It would be nice to know if this is because:

or
    b. you are reviewing the idea based on some of the feedback (the more constructive comments)

I think it is the option A, because check the new link in the launcher: https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10652354
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

armadeonx said:

or

I think it is the option A, because check the new link in the launcher: https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10652354
    I'm actually getting a feeling that these official feedback threads are created to went user anger before implementing changes rather than for the discussion and gathering feedback. At least it seems that unless the decision is practically set in the stone, they developers will not publish it. And once published, they will move only on insignificant details unless they will be addressing resulting disaster in later mods (mod 6 comes to mind). I'm practically in the dark, why cryptic managers/marketing/developers think that making so many users unhappy will bring them more money.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    And clearly they heard nothing we said and decided to prodeed as is.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Yes - basically it already coded and it all going to happen regardless
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    r000kie said:

I'm the only one with 900+765 EoE on my 2 mains, while I struggle to get enough for the last boon on my alt? Best solution is a choice - either pay with currency, or with AD

Yes since you can trade EoE for Runic Keys. So it's around 80 keys your'e sitting on. Go farm FBI :P
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    My feedback, and several of my guild members have stated the same thing but do not participate in the forums, it is great that you are trying to find solutions to help ease the burden of alts, but this is not going to do that. All this does is keep some of your useless alts 6 months behind. Example: I have 2 DPS and 2 Tanks and did not have the time to run all 4, so I stopped running 1 tank and 1 DPS and left them as influence runners. Then when I wanted to add a DC, some of the new things such as buy a level 70 and campaign completion packs, power points, account bound mounts and the such, (I did all of those), eases the burden of creating a new alt, and I appreciate that, my DC is in good shape with a few clicks (and $).

However, the issue with the Signets of Patronage, is it does not keep my alts current, it keeps my alts 2 mods behind, which is not current, so I still have the same issue, I have to run all the content multiple times to stay current. Epic or Master Demogorgon was this way, unlock for one unlocks for all...That was very nice and I could catch up on the boons an whatnot later for the alts.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies

armadeonx said:

or

I'm caught up on dev blogs now, and that article is literally the opening post of this feedback thread. I'd say that is less an indication that nothing will change and more that the post was scheduled a (relatively) long time ago. Robert's been on vacation. Temper expectations accordingly.

Epic or Master Demogorgon was this way, unlock for one unlocks for all...That was very nice and I could catch up on the boons an whatnot later for the alts.

And we're getting that feature without even having to grind Patronage, in response to the Random Queues. Which is great, *but* means the motivation to grind Patronage instead of gradually working on boons directly on your alt(s) is vastly reduced especially considering current costs.

Neverwinter Census 2017

I wanted to add some other thoughts about ways in which campaigns have been aggressively alt-unfriendly and ways in which campaigns that were structured differently have been better. Trying to restrict this to campaigns and things unlocked via campaign tasks and *not* gear in general (eg. getting boons/unlocks in IWD wasn't bad; Black Ice and HE drop woes only affected equipment).

Storm King's Thunder campaign store. Almost entirely BtC items, which means every character has to unlock each major item in turn, and acquire their own price reductions. You want epic Everfrost underwear? Grind for it. The grind for it again. And again as many times as applicable. You can't get one character with all the store unlocks and price reductions and buy everything with them because it doesn't work that way. This is somewhat infuriating.

Cloaked Ascendancy is similar but there are fewer items to buy and they unlock as a result of doing the campaign. Most alts only want one weapon set, if that, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to do the price reductions. (This impacts getting 100% completion.)

Alternatively, the Underdark store allowed you to buy any piece of equipment for any class straight-up. There were NO store unlocks. Buying for alts was a built-in feature.

Chult purchases seem to be leaning back towards alt-friendliness. Progressing the campaign adds items to the stores, but each item isn't its own unlock task. There are reports of not being able to purchase certain gear for other classes which may be a bug.

A trend since Underdark has been the introduction of Zen companions that grant bonus currency for a specific campaign, and occasionally other things. Grazilaxx, Watler, the Stronghold Cleric (not a campaign, but a highly situational currency bonus), Remorhaz, the Chultan Hunter... missing any? Now, I'm adamantly not a fan of these, even assuming all of them work perfectly all the time (which they don't). I don't necessarily object to there being the option to pay to progress a little faster, but the need to micromanage that bonus progress through the companion system is ludicrous, plus each companion only works on one character. That's a big fat NO from me. If I'd have to buy something multiple times to make use of it, it's got to work reasonably well all the time, not just for one little thing that I eventually probably won't even care about. As account unlocks, I might actually give some consideration to trying to make use of these, but not as a single-character bind. I got the Simril Holiday Helper, which didn't even work, but don't consider that a great loss because I didn't get it for the bonus, and I now have access to it forever.

And on that note, everything that grants bonuses to finding Ostorian relics only works for a single character and must be acquired again to use for alts. Minor exception for a Frostborn gear piece, if and only if you have same-class alts that you still consider worth playing to this extent. Voninblood is used for campaign tasks and unlocks, unlike Black Ice which was only used for gear.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2017
    It also sounds from other dev posts like they're gravitating away from designing the overall game to keep players coming back to completed campaign zones indefinitely (see Asterdahl on long-term viability of Hunts), which means that newer campaigns are unlikely to be revisited to give their daily and weekly quests more rewards that are useful outside of that campaign.

Which is well and fine when you're done and can comfortably turn your back forever if that's what you want, but doesn't feel good while you're in the process, or continuing to farm it for another purpose.

It's also not great for players who are relying on campaign-related weeklies as a significant part of their AD income, since that competes with other, more current activities.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Talking for myself. I will definately use them on my alts (which are all far behind on campaigns).

Thanks for this new functionality :-)
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    These new costs are a lot better than the old ones, thank you very much for the reduction. We need to ask though, is the 50k AD cost still there? AD used to be a common thing in all the campaign tasks and that was removed for a number of reasons and I'm sure you have the documentation as to why it was removed. Adding an AD cost back into campaigns now feels like many steps back.

There is no reason that I can think of game wise that the AD cost needs to be included. All the campaign currency costs make sense, and as you said, the Underdark token not costing at least some Demonic Ichor would be weird. So in the same vein, bringing an AD cost into this token without an explainable story reason (like a vendor in PE who sells these patronage tokens and explaining that he needs the AD to cover the forging costs of making these tokens) just doesn't make sense. And we hate it when campaigns try to take our AD.

Yeah the cost is affordable to save 5x the currency or half the time or whatever, but it still feels wrong. Bump up the costs of campaign currency by 10% for the token or something, just ditch the AD fee :)

Thanks again for dropping the costs. Make sure you go and update that blog that got posted so that it isn't spreading misinformation that people will hate you for.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    Thanks @rgutscheradev the new costs are indeed better. I do agree with @scathias point about AD. Devs previously stated that AD costs shouldn't be included in campaign tasks (when they removed them) so I'm hoping this will also be reviewed.

• hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Just a general question I might have otherwise missed.Being this is a Alt friendly idea and they have been pushing toward rewarding people that play .Will they be changing any of the campain currecy items that are character bound to account bound to allow the use of the excess stuff we get and have no longer any use for but would be a great time saver on Alts.??? Looking at the RD area as one example. Like the Arcane Focus reagent dig site only item.Some items are not bound at all while others are character only .
    Post edited by hawkeyel on
    My main has 2 stacks of Arcane Focus that can't be used for anything at all.

armadeonx said:

These could really use a sink.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

How about when Mod 13 drops, the bind status of Arcane Focus changes from BtC to BtA. This will help with Alt progression and allow us to use the useless leftovers from Cloaked Ascendancy.

I aim to misbehave
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    silence1x said:

armadeonx said:

How about when Mod 13 drops, the bind status of Arcane Focus changes from BtC to BtA. This will help with Alt progression and allow us to use the useless leftovers from Cloaked Ascendancy.

That would also be "main friendly". Think about 7 alts to gather daily AF and pass them all to one fresh RD main.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Thanks @rgutscheradev ! These costs are much better.

Would you be willing to drop the Voninblod requirement entirely from the SKT token?
    Alternate way of phrasing that question: does the token increase Voninblod farming rate for the recipient?

After all, despite being required in (IMO, ludicrously) large amounts by some of the final campaign tasks, completing the campaign quests does not yield a significant amount of Voninblod. It would take, for instance, 740 daily quests yielding 50 Voninblod apiece to yeild the 37,000 voninblod required for the final boon.

Farming Voninblod is not and has never been a compelling or interesting task, but rather a tedious activity we resign ourselves to as completionists or avoid entirely. It should be very easy to run a query to identify who is who, based on who's over 14k is missing the final SKT boon or two.

True, Mod11 boosted the relic turn in Voninblod rewards *and* gave us a means to trade RD Campaign currency for it, and there's been hints about Voninblod disappearing from restoring seal-purchased relic gear in 12b or 13.

But running around Bryn Shander for half an hour picking up pillars for an alt is near-infinitely less interesting than completing a week's worth of daily quests for the other currencies, even if I know it's the right choice because it will save me 5 hours of running around Bryn Shander on that alt*.

*: only true if the answer to the question, "Does the token increase Voninblod farming rate for the recipient?" is "Yes."