test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea about new GWF's mechanics and examples of 3 skills

dolreydolrey Member Posts: 741 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello :) Here I would like to write idea how to help to great weapon fighters to enjoy their main role more (to be berserker).

The main GWF's mechanics now is high amounts of damage. To be honest in PvP it isn't so effective because GWF has no instruments to don't let to another players to evade this damage (ofcourse it isn't the only one reason why GWFs underperforming in PvP now). There is need to say that mechanics that I would like to suggest will be very useful also and for PvE.

In Neverwinter Online there are a lot of types of control effects (stun, freeze, daze, slow down, knock down etc). But 99% of them have one same thing: they don't change position of your target (few foots does not count). And I would like to suggest to give to GWF new mechanics wich will change position of targets and wich will help to GWF to feel his role better. I'm talking about skills which can pull (sorry if it's wrong synonym) one target or many targets to your character. In a lot of games this mechanics is very usefull and important for every team wich prefer to play coordinated and want to reach max effectiveness of their actions.

So, here are 3 examples of skills:

1) [Encounter power]: GWF throw a chain into his target and pull the target to himself stunning it for a short time (~2 seconds) dealing damage.
-This is a classical hook from many mmorpg/moba games. I think many of experienced players love this mechanics because it help to take down one important target.

[Feats] that can be added to GWF with this skill:
-After pulling the target next GWF's attack will deal increased damage.
-Range of this skill is increased.
-Time of stun is increased and target also is slowed.
-Target looses N% of defence in next T seconds.
-Target deal lower damage for next T seconds.

2) [Encounter power]: GWF throw a chains into nearby targets (at ~10-15 ft range) slowing them for 3 seconds and dealing damage. If after 3 seconds targets still stay in that range from GWF then they will be stunned (for 2-3 seconds).
-This skill will help to GWF to deal very high pressure on foes. But if opponent play right then he still will be able to counter this skill.

[Feats] that can be added with this skill:
-GWF deal periodical damage to chained targets.
-Range is increased.
-Power of slow down effect is increased and time of stun is increased.
-Stunned targets loose N% of defence in next T seconds.
-Chained targets deal lower damage for next T seconds.

3) [Daily power]: GWF throw chains into targets in 30 ft range. After 2 seconds GWF pull all targets to himself, stun them for 2-3 seconds and deal high damage to them.
-This skill is very strong instrument for initiation which can help to GWF to enjoy his main role more.

[Feats] that can be added with this skill:
-Damage is increased.
-Stunned targets are slowed.
-Stunned targets take more damage in next T seconds.
-Stunned targets deal lower damage for the next T seconds.

Thank you for your attention and sorry for my english :) I hope these skills can help to GWF players to enjoy the game more :)
Post edited by dolrey on

Comments

• safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    What about Take Down, Come and Get It, and Frontline Surge? Iron Vanguard/Instigator is very adept at Crowd Control using Not So Fast, Mighty Leap, and Frontline Surge.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Besides...i dont like the idea to get skills from dia 3.

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I think GWFs should sit VERY quiet in the boat with respect to class redo. GWFs are way too far ahead of other classes in dps and dps class defense/survivabiity, so any serious changes to the class is likely to mean nerfs.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

I think GWFs should sit VERY quiet in the boat with respect to class redo. GWFs are way too far ahead of other classes in dps and dps class defense/survivabiity, so any serious changes to the class is likely to mean nerfs.

Solid AF.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    IN other games the powers you described are linked to the tanks because they are slow.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    So, a complete overhaul of GWF from the ground up for the benefit of one small part of the game, in which a minority of players participate consistently? No thanks. GWF is fine as it is.