test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which class is best for pvp?

habeeb#2206 habeeb Member Posts: 50 Arc User
Which is the best class in pvp this days?

I was gonna upgrade gf. Buy after seeing all the fuss about tr now I m looking into it.

I have a max sw and almost max hr .
Not playing as sw anymore. Didn't played hr after I heard piercing nerf.

Now need advice which to upgrade.

Ik gf dps best. But tr have best defense and survival but now also too mucj damage? ?

Pls vote. Thx

Comments

• Options
    andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yeah go broken tr.
  • Options
    So going on about as pc preview mod 12b we can safety say that tr will b in this state on ps4 for q good 6 more months ?
  • Options
    miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    I would say go with what you enjoy playing the most.
    At some point every single class becomes overpowered and with plenty of bugs and broken sh*t you can abuse xD
    Same happens with TR atm, sh*t procs in weird ways (it shouldnt) but once it gets fixed he will go back to being the perma CC machine, not so much DPS.

So I wouldnt waste AD/money on something just cause its OP atm.

PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • Options
    > @miyanaa said:
    > I would say go with what you enjoy playing the most.
    > At some point every single class becomes overpowered and with plenty of bugs and broken sh*t you can abuse xD
    > Same happens with TR atm, sh*t procs in weird ways (it shouldnt) but once it gets fixed he will go back to being the perma CC machine, not so much DPS.
    >
    > So I wouldnt waste AD/money on something just cause its OP atm.

U r right. Thx for explanation.

I m not going for other class just bcoz its op. But also for a change in play style. I m kinda bored with sw and also not interested in sw bcoz of its continues nerfs.

Now that y I want to start a new class I thought y not go for best ?

Even tho if tr dps get nerf they can still perma stun lock anyone after they have cc immunity lol. That <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is broken. And how things r working in ps4. Tr's r broken. They have perma sb cb itc sod all together 1 after the other before previous 1 finish.

And mod 12b not nerfing tr anyway (correct me if I wrong) so mod 12b will take a good 4 or more months to be on ps4. And after that take a couple more months for next mod to release.

Now tell me which class is best to go for a change and to troll. I m leaning towards tr.
  • Options
    You have to remember that new gear in mod 12b will bring those weird bonuses where the more you CC enemy the more dmg he deals, something like that.

So perma CB TR might not be that good afterall.

But if you look at PvP and how classes has been changing within all of the modules then yeah, I would say go for a TR, GF or HR. CW is pretty good too when it comes to DPS. No idea about GWF though, wasnt interested in it tbh.
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • Options
    I didnt say CB as a skill, I meant the CB spam build, since they can spam SB every few seconds too, so Im guessing it will affect the new gear ^^

But yeah CW is in much worse position lol
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • Options
    nerfcc#8605 nerfcc Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Combat hr is still fire you just have to know what your doing. trs are bis ATM but not necessarily in 12b. Pallys are low key savage af. Pretty much anything but sws and gwfs in my opinion those classes are slightly under powered. This is mainly due to cb though so hopefully with a 50% time reduction in 12b that won't be the case.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

Combat hr is still fire you just have to know what your doing. trs are bis ATM but not necessarily in 12b. Pallys are low key savage af. Pretty much anything but sws and gwfs in my opinion those classes are slightly under powered. This is mainly due to cb though so hopefully with a 50% time reduction in 12b that won't be the case.

@nerfcc#8605

GWF is anything but underpowered, proof: @xsayajinx1
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Pick what you like.

CC diminishes/immunities are not yet implemented and are still open for changes.
  • Options
    Thx everyone for suggestions.

Yes u r right. U must make ur class best.

And I believe all top pvp'ers on ps4 knows me that I m a decent sw. Also I believed I inspired too many to make sw's as they pm me and sometimes I randomly get pm saying I m decent. There r only a handful of ppl on ps4 who can manage to kill me in a fair 1v1.

even after all this I m just not interested in sw anymore. I have already decided to upgrade 1 of them (slowly upgrading gf already) but not yet decided if tr or gf.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I was gonna upgrade gf. Buy after seeing all the fuss about tr now I m looking into it.

Ik gf dps best. But tr have best defense and survival but now also too mucj damage? ?

Pls vote. Thx

The best class to pick is the one you like the best in my opinion but if you are looking to pick a stronger class that will stay close to the top for longer, go with a GF.
    GF changes are further down the line than TR most likely. The devs did state fairly recently that they want to tone down GF damage output and make them more tanklike. It did not sound like GF was next in line for a rework though so its likely going to be months before GF gets changed.
    TR is unlikely to keep its overpowered buff to Shadow of Demise for more than a few months and the new CC diminishing returns system will tone down all of their CCs except CB. TRs are likely going to get some work done on them soon but at this stage, its hard to know if the devs will nerf the broken things on TR AND buff the TR in the areas it actually needs or if they will just nerf and run like they have been doing to the TR since mod 6.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    GF would be the strongest contender IMO...
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Pls vote. Thx

The best class to pick is the one you like the best in my opinion but if you are looking to pick a stronger class that will stay close to the top for longer, go with a GF.
    GF changes are further down the line than TR most likely. The devs did state fairly recently that they want to tone down GF damage output and make them more tanklike. It did not sound like GF was next in line for a rework though so its likely going to be months before GF gets changed.
    TR is unlikely to keep its overpowered buff to Shadow of Demise for more than a few months and the new CC diminishing returns system will tone down all of their CCs except CB. TRs are likely going to get some work done on them soon but at this stage, its hard to know if the devs will nerf the broken things on TR AND buff the TR in the areas it actually needs or if they will just nerf and run like they have been doing to the TR since mod 6.
    gf needs the cc to kill someone. bull charge is one of the important to able to land the griffon wrath.
    tr executioner dont need any cc at the moment to able to do the demise thing.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    go TR

class effective from 9-15k gs.
    you will be able to control someone or hold a nod from day 0. PVE solo progress is nice with TR as well.
    some classes like GWF or SW are hamsters at start.

(my best mule is TR, soon it might pass my main DC)
  • Options
    > @plavia said:
    > go TR
    >
    > class effective from 9-15k gs.
    > you will be able to control someone or hold a nod from day 0. PVE solo progress is nice with TR as well.
    > some classes like GWF or SW are hamsters at start.
    >
    > (my best mule is TR, soon it might pass my main DC)

Haahaahaa awesome. Thx for advice.
  • Options
    So tr it is. Thx everyone
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    In term of dps, survivability or crowd control?

DPS : TR
    Survivability : TR
    Crowd Control : TR
  • Options
    thecrowleythecrowley Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    How is it that you know it's gonna take months for this to be fixed?

If there's a general consensus that TR is becoming overpowered, shouldn't they step in with a hotfix like... now? Or at least make a definite statement on it?
  • Options
    Now that we reached here can any tr be humble enough to show some cool tr moves powers feats insignias artifacts or anything really?
  • Options
    pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User

How is it that you know it's gonna take months for this to be fixed?

If there's a general consensus that TR is becoming overpowered, shouldn't they step in with a hotfix like... now? Or at least make a definite statement on it?

They will not hotfix TR problems in PVP . The problems in PVP are not problems in PVE , TR isn't even in the top 3 of dps . Some fixes/adjustments have been made for 12b but none of them will help or make TRs and non TRs happy. From what I have read people should be happy with TR now because TR in 12b will be even harder to handle.
  • Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    With 12b near to be released, TR above all else. Second GWF
  • Options
    chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    TR, OP and GF are the best right now.
    DC and Warlock are the worst.
    Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW