test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The neverending changes needed to HR now that they've nerfed us into uselessness again thread

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
edited October 2017 in The Wilds
1) Shorten animation time of Gushing Wound. This has been an issue forever, and is about the only thing here that's mostly relevant in pve.
2) Remove the 1-second freeze from the end of the Boar Charge animation that makes it useless in combos, neuters Blade hurricane and amounts to the HR effectively using a CC power on himself. Also, since HR control times have been nerfed into near-nonexistence, what happens is that the target is actually knocked prone for less time that the HR is frozen by the animation. The target simply gets up and walks away before the HR can close to use at-wills. This is ABSURD.
3) Roots should actually root things for a noticeable length of time. I don't want perma-root or perma-stun, but compare our barely-there cc abilities with the obnoxiously long control time of GF abilities or Courage Breaker and the imbalance is obvious.
4) Our dodges need to be lengthened - again - and should actually dodge control effects LIKE EVERY OTHER CLASS' DODGE. The short dodge is also an issue because it unfairly allows other classes - all of which have better stamina regeneration - to always successfully dodge away from an HR if they are halfway competent.
5) Native stamina regeneration needs to be increased. It has always needed to be increased, particularly in light of our tiny dodge.
6) It should not be possible to target through the movement of Marauder's Rush/Escape.
7) Give us a control break/small immunity already. Maybe make it part of Forest Ghost.
8) Dodges, Fox, Forest Ghost, Ambush and/or Marauder's should break target lock, which is abused by GFs, who have been overpowered in pvp for far too long.
9) If we can't rely on piercing damage, then Trapper or Archer should be made viable in pvp again. This means real-world significant regeneration from Oak Skin for archers and actual burst damage for trappers, among many other things.

To be added to.
Post edited by feanor70118 on

Comments

• nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    What are you talking about? Combat and Trapper are both doing wonderfully right now and are netting positive on all HR-specific changes currently on preview.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2017

1) Shorten animation time of Gushing Wound. This has been an issue forever.
    2) Remove the 1-second freeze from the end of the Boar Charge animation that makes it useless in combos, neuters Blade hurricane and amounts to the HR effectively using a CC power on himself.
    3) Roots should actually root things for a noticeable length of time. I don't want perma-root or perma-stun, but compare our barely-there cc abilities with the obnoxiously long control time of GF abilities or Courage Breaker and the imbalance is obvious.
    4) Our dodges need to be lengthened - again - and should actually dodge control effects LIKE EVERY OTHER CLASS' DODGE.
    5) Native stamina regeneration needs to be increased. It has always needed to be increased, particularly in light of our tiny dodge.
    6) It should not be possible to target through the movement of Marauder's Rush/Escape.
    7) Give us a control break/small immunity already. Maybe make it part of Forest Ghost.
    8) Dodges, Fox, Forest Ghost, Ambush and/or Marauder's should break target lock, which is abused by GFs, who have been overpowered in pvp for far too long.
    9) If we can't rely on piercing damage, then Trapper or Archer should be made viable in pvp again. This means real-world significant regeneration from Oak Skin for archers and actual burst damage for trappers, among many other things.

To be added to.

Are you HAMSTER stoned? HR's are currently in the best spot they have ever been in. We are IMO the most balanced class out atm. We have 3 builds atm that are all out performing 99% of the other classes and builds out there. (SW Combat/ PF Combat and PF Trapper) Hell even in PvP PF Combat is a nightmare to go against if they know how to play it. Trapper has some of the best control in the game with amazing dps to go with it. SW/PF combat finally surpasses Trappers dmg since they fix to Piercing Blades. Which the gap will only grow that much more since the fix to Seekers Vengeance and when Flurry actually kicks in.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    He means pvp. And while we are still much better, at least as combat, than we were in mods 6-9, we are a bit meh since piercing was changed, most decent toons can now outlive our burst damage, and killing pugs is no real claim to fame. On the plus side, the seekers fix and the flurry fix will improve things, but Trapper will be dead in PvP, and archer always was.

However, tbh. hopefully pvp will be a different experience once cc is toned down, and our lack of a cc break and crappy dodging will be less of a thing. And with permasoloq, and no real gear requirements, meaning a larger playerbase, pvp will become actually fun again. Fingers crossed.

Finally though, as a pve class, we are fine, and to change anything purely because of our pvp performance, would be dumb.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited September 2017
    Before the change to PB tho HR's we were true gods in PvP. You had to damn near one shot us, Since stacking HP with Wilds Medicine is so OP with high deflect and Life steal it was a joke. Add that with the dmg we could fire off and PB bypassing armor was well just to much. It had to get toned down.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    You're right ofc. However, it was nice to have a day in the sun. After 3 mods of being total HAMSTER, it was well deserved.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Obviously I meant the nerf affecting pvp (that should have been obvious to anyone who actually bothered to read my post instead of just the subject line, and we're doing fine in pve, obviously). In the long conversation about the changes that gave us back mod 4 piercing damage, no one asked for it and no one wanted it, specifically because we knew it would lead to another over-nerf with no compensation at all, leaving us exactly where we started. Cryptic gave the devs inadequate budget, time and scope of project for the last round of changes, and when they discovered that HRs actually knew what we were talking about when we complained, they lazily gave us a solution that they could do by flipping a switch instead of addressing 90% of our justified complaints. Cryptic's reaction to the pvp community remains confusing. Plainly it's the OCD exploiter pvp whales who spend money on this game, and just as plainly Cryptic's efforts to balance pvp are half-hearted and ineffective.
  • architect40architect40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    {PVE} let's look at T9G, peope more often look for GWFs to be in the 1st dps position because they flat out rule in dps. We have great dps, but can't get to their level yet. People more often look for CW or SW in the 2nd dps position because they can buff/debuff and do decent dps to boot. HR does great dps but can't buff very well. Always playing 2nd fiddle.
    [PVP] bis combat hrs do ok, of course we are talking 30k+ power plus 20k+ crit builds. Not cheap to put an hr like that together. Level 20 guild, multiple legendary mounts.
    edited September 2017

{PVE} let's look at T9G, peope more often look for GWFs to be in the 1st dps position because they flat out rule in dps. We have great dps, but can't get to their level yet. People more often look for CW or SW in the 2nd dps position because they can buff/debuff and do decent dps to boot. HR does great dps but can't buff very well. Always playing 2nd fiddle.

You need to get out more. Not many GWF's can beat me in RAW dps. Very very few can come close and only the top 1% of the BiS ones with BiS groups will surpass me. Combat HRs at the moment are pure monsters when played correctly and we don't need the 4 support group spamming Shepherd's Devotion to boost us like they do. Look I get it, GWF are awesome they produce good dmg and have an amazing potential. Since they double dip for power. But lets be honest they are a one trick pony relying on stacking buffs for insane IBS hits. The longer a fight goes on the better GWF's start to look. I've pugged with quite a few 16.5k+ GWF's the last few weeks doing ToNG and none of them come close we are talking a gap of 400+ mil dmg after taking off the dmg boost from Bloody Death. Those groups were 2 DC, GWF, myself and either a OP or GF. They are closer to me in dmg when we don't have a pally in the group simply because the loss of haste effects my rotation way more than theirs.

I'm a close to BiS SW Combat HR atm. I'm hitting crit and arpen cap, 12k recovery, hitting right at 80k power with companion and pots up. The problem that I see from talking with a lot of HRs in the game is that most of them don't really know how to play them properly to max dmg. They don't play aggressive, don't try and set up good positioning for aoe packs and really don't prioritize their rotations.

I am bis, legendary mounts, epic crit and power insignias etc, minus a few +5 rings that seem to elude me. I play a Trapper in pve, and haven't ran into an HR that can beat me yet. Most gwfs can't beat me, it usually depends on their build. We have some near bis combat hrs in my guild and they don't have the dps that I have. Predominantly hrs don't have builds like me and obviously you or Sume. That may be part of the issue.

I will have to try combat spec again and see how it goes. The last time I played combat in pve was before loadouts and I played pve with a pvp spec. Not the most optimal. I stopped playing combat because it requires the usage of alot of at-wills and the constant clicking was taking its toll on my finger.

I definitely agree the hr needs to be played aggressively otherwise you are missing out on the best part of the HR. Hrs are fast and mobile, so I'm excited for the R14 darks to come out. It's not just mashing the keys, you need to understand what's under the hood and what procs what in order maximize the hrs potential.

Thanks for your post, I like hearing how other Hrs are doing. Game on.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    @architect40 up for a race? Been a while since I ran against a good trapper. You guys usually give me a lil bit of a challenge compared to other combat rangers and thats rarely. @dragonsbane3 has been the only combat ranger that keeps me on my toes. For some reason I see very few combat rangers even get halfway close to me and they're the ones who say that combat is better which makes me think they are under an illusion. I think they're close. Anyway, always looking for someone stronger to run with and study/compare notes with. It gets me excited running with someone of similar level. Just let me know.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    And once again, someone who hasn't bothered to read the post beyond the subject line.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    > @defiantone99 said:
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234110/hr-solo-fbi-run ---Find me a GWF that can do this.

A tr solo'd msp and they're supposed to be the second worst dps in the game. Pretty sure if all gwfs didn't care about dmg some would try and build to do the same in either dungeon.
    Post edited by eliybeats on
  • kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2017

actual burst damage for trappers

Agree. Maybe the only good burst power for trappers is GW. I'd gladly trade my DoT from Roots for instant damage or for encouter damage bonus.
    SW/PF combat are burst monsters now and they will be even more in M12b.
    Post edited by kainan777 on
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Trappers are not natural bursters u can make one tho.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    AND i thought the link was solo whole fbi which can be done but after some hours. Drufi anyone can kill it.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Well, you think things are bad now, wait until the GF crew comes for HR and gets it nerfed to the ground.

u are the only one on this whole forum asking for nerfs...

AND i thought the link was solo whole fbi which can be done but after some hours. Drufi anyone can kill it.
    if you bother to watch the video it is the whole FBI clear. He cut out a lot of the boring stuff since it took him 2 hours 18 min to clear it.
    tom#6998 said:

Well, you think things are bad now, wait until the GF crew comes for HR and gets it nerfed to the ground.

u are the only one on this whole forum asking for nerfs...
    In all honesty, if you look at some of the ACT logs we have for ToNG atm. With broken DC spells mind you. Our dmg is rather high. When they fix the DC spells so we get actual buffs/debuffs working like it should. Then add in to that the fixed SV and flurry times. Our dps is going to jump 25% or more than what we are seeing atm. I personally do not want to see us get nerfed but I would not be surprised if we don't get a flat dmg nerf in mod13.
  • We don't need an overall change, bug we still have over 20 bugs that need to be fixed.