test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

15 million? I wonder?

Where did 15million number come from since numbers i see from microsoft and sony disagree
I.e. select neverwinter and just before launch look at trending window that shows server psn or live data about neverwinter
I.e. numbers were way more before 12b announcement compared to yesterdays and todays numbers.

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

When you have a free game that never deactivates accounts, especially a game in which having multiple accounts played a large role in the early days, its not surprising to get to 15m accounts. I'd be more interested in knowing how many players log in each day.

Why are players leaving? Because this casual game can't keep up with hardcore players. When new content is interesting for about 2 weeks and then its basically repeat repeat repeat repeat and pray for a good drop, it gets old.

Hardcore players don't account for the drop in numbers, there aren't enough of them to do that. Too much catering to the elite, constant nerfs and making content that feels like work rather than pleasure just causes players to lose interest, mods 11 and 12 have seen my R20 guild lose any number of enthusiastic players, and it may be about to lose many of the rest if 12.5 goes through as is.

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I don't know about anyone else but I personally have been losing enthusiasm. It's partly down to the raft of changes announced but also because I'm finding the constant stacking of new campaigns gives zero time to work on content with alts and just enjoy dungeons.

It's all about getting the latest campaign done at the same time as farming enough AD every day. Now with these announced changes I feel like I'm chasing my tail for no purpose other than to chase it.

this is basically how I've been feeling for the last week or two.

the endless repetitive drudging has finally burned me out.

I'm only really logging in to do professions and weeklies now
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

My guess is that it is total accounts created. Certainly many are inactive, many more are gold farmers bot accounts. Unless Drider and some of the other shards are alot more active that Dragon.

Why is anyone asking this question. Everyone I know already believes what @joel123thewayward just said. Now watch the thankyou video in mind and realise the majority of those 15m accounts being thanked belonged gold spammers and the like.
  • mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    " for this current mod after the announcement we peaked at 22 so that tells us something is seriously wrong"

Just this comment really sums it all up - and it seems to be the same for all the guilds I know, we are lucky to get 10 player online now, previously we had 50 to 60
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Over the last two weeks our guild has peaked at 9 players online when I've been on (im XB1). This is down substantially from before all these changes started to get announced. Alliance chatter is pretty much nonexistent. When I run older content on alt's I'm usually in instance 1 (the only instance available for the zone). The past week NW has felt like a ghost town.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Bots/Gold spammers. F2P MMORPGs are plagued with them, and the publishers/devs will always include those accounts when presenting population numbers to the public (and most likely also to their investors who really dont care or even know what bots are), but will never openly discern between the illegitimate accounts and legit ones. Always more than half the # they tell the public are bots/gold spammers/RMTers.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas