test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter needs a rework for Mod 12b.

Comments

• ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    I play bis gf and i agree that knights challenge and staggering challenge should be completely replaced/reworked with some new power and new feat -preferably some other kind of utility power or buff/debuff.

Its broken for pvp and doesn't even really have a 'flavor' place for pve.

Fix those 2 issues and leave the GF otherwise alone and I think that will remove most of the whining and still leave the GF in a good place.

I always liked Tanking mechanics that caused them to do more damage if they were not hit, therefore you force pvp players to attack them first (pvp aggro), also works well for pve too and what would be dps gfs (get hit lose damage).. There are even pieces of gear that currently build power as time in combat goes on (something that builds up damage rather than granting it at beginning prevents frontload pvp burst). you could copy paste that code so it wouldnt even take that much work.
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Being that they stopped in the middle of this balance pass to all classes . And even on some did only a targeted fix like the SW lack of defenseive ability while admitting they still needed a DPS adjustment after and the TR and even the one path only GWF all still need to see some work before they ever get to see the full picture of what if anything might need to be adjusted going forward.Spending time asking for yet another change to a class that was already given a change while still not doing anything to the ones that have yet to get a turn is BS. You might want to zip your fly.Your Bias is showing.
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    > @xsayajinx1 said:
    > overpowered GF in PvP: here we go!
    >
    > TR (BiS) vs GF (BiS)
    >
    >
    > GWF (BiS) vs GF (BiS)
    >
    >
    > OP (9k ilvl) vs GF (14k ilvl)
    >
    >
    > Almost impossible to beat GFs :joy:

First video:
    Published on Sep 4, 2017: What's more broken than one TR with a cancer build?
    Exactly, two of them!!! xD

Your own words ^...nothing left to say on that Lol. Didnt even have to watch to know you more than likely had on SoD which is such a teribble point on your end to show gfs are killable when using something incredibly broken.....come on Ryu lol.

2nd video: come on..we both know William Wallace isnt a good gf nor gwf....I'm not these guys you're trying to fool. Joey isn't bad so I'll give you that.

3rd video: Abbadon....you would've been better off fighting minimi

I understand you don't want your class nerfed or at least too hard, which I agree with, but come on. You were fine with DC AS nerf cause "they aren't meant to be tanks anyway" your words....then you should be fine with a gf tweak to be more as they're supposed to, right?
    Post edited by andre#8369 on
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Mmmm....mmmmm....mmmm...this popcorn is tasty!
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    niadan said:

Mmmm....mmmmm....mmmm...this popcorn is tasty!

Pass me some!!!!

u.u

• eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'm not even sure that this thread makes sense. You started with gf's needs nerfs because only a very few annoying can deal real damage and tank at the same time. Now your saying all others need to be nerfed and the gf needs buffs? That's funny. Michael Jackson doesn't even have enough popcorn for this. You've been so adamant about the gf posts I don't know which ones are real anymore.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    But how often do you find one that can dps better than you? They can dps quite well which is true but in a run I have yet to find one that could dps better than me and if they could it's because i died. Why is it that much of an issue I guess is what I'm asking? If your bis you have a right to be good at multiple things. Hrs, ops, and trs soloing FBI/msp. It's because they built it and they deserved it. Before the Orcus dmg change in cn I've seen a sentinel gwf from tuxedo T-shirt alliance actually solo tank Orcus and tank the hits. If simple dps classes can tank why can't tank classes dps? PvE I don't think anything is wrong with them. PvP however is a completely different manner.
  • ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Just leave the gf alone (for pve anyway), go nerf your own class to hell
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    why should it matter if gf's are top dps, that means the run goes smoothly, its like sayin rogues got a rework and are now kings of dps nd make the rest HAMSTER by default then u want tr's nerfed again back to bein HAMSTER, leave's alone so what if they out dps you, if people wanna dps driven on gf's and tank why complain they're filling the role as tank and want to be a dps role too.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I could imagine the GF tears if Oppressor could do the damage of Thaumaturge. lol

Give Shard of the Endless Avalanche a bowling pin sound upon proning mobs, add Force Push sound effects to repel, and put Palaptine's "POWAAAA UNLIIIIIIIMITTED POWAA!!!", and you've got yourself a deal!

• talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Even if i don't play an Gf, and spoken strictly from an Pve point of View, bc i don't play PvP:

What is left for an BiS Gf, which is able to run constantly, also with highgeared and BiS players?

Trashmob tanking? For what? Such groups melt it anyway in an small matter of time. (spelling?)
    Boss tanking? Many Gf and Op said, that the Op is better in that, and please people remember how often msva runs are screwed up, bc there were the Gfs and the Ops try to "tank" Storvald in different directions and he killed to many melee dps classes.

So for me it is obvious that if the Gf is able to deal as much dps he could, he should do it, it is PvE.

I can't understand it, these nowadays constant, nerf threads against classes, meta groups, and so on.

PvP on the other hand, i can understand it a little bit, PvP'ers try to play it from an competitive Pov, but this is my opinion, that Cryptic underrestimated in the past (since beginning), that they should have seperated both modi (pve and pvp).

But back to PvE, the Game has changed definitely, up to Mod5 you could play as Lone Wolf, but these days are over since the introducing with SH and the boons.
    You have an advantage, to be in guild and then it depends "what these guilds have an philosophy, how about they like to play".

So also again, the role of an Gf has changed, oldtimers will be remember the old T2 Frozen heart, when an Gf has to kite all the adds in circles, as long as the rest could kill Hrimnir.

So also, i don't think, that an "low guild" with low geared chars, can use an dps focused Gf in an party, maybe.
    They need an defensive focused Tank, an more healed focused DC, more CC from different classes, and why? They couldn't get rid fast enough the adds and bosses.

Again, these most guides, builds are focussed for endgame, BiS chars, these whole Speedrun videos shows for me, what is possible in the game for high geared and BiS chars.

And again, then you can easily bring on your dps Gf, to the Party, you can outdps everyone, even "dps only" classes, bc it is only PvE and everyone want an nice and smooth run.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hello guys. I'm a humble GF tactician player.

I heard a rumour that some magician here is saying that I can be a top DPS damage dealer in dungeons with my defense-recovery build.

I would like to take this oportunity and become all-in-one player, so I can run all content solo just with my Dancing Shield with 3x defensive slots.

Would anyone be so kind and share the secret with me? Fellow GFs? Anyone?
This discussion has been closed.