What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: PVP Changes

Comments

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited September 2017

marnival said:

marnival said:

A properly built GF takes almost no damage. Shield is 80% RID, you can build for 80% DR. So, you take 4% damage. This 4% can be negated as well. For a class with so much damage, it is obscene that it takes that little damage.

Ok so Itc need to go for Tr then I understand, how about remove bubble from Cw, remove temp Hp from Pal and while we are at it get rid of astral shield also...

No Gf that does good damage in pvp has more then base top 35% DR, stats has to go to other places to optimize the damage output.

Hide for Tr need to go also while we are mention things that make you take zero damage...

Be careful what you wish for it might come true ......
    Your bias is showing. Nerf everybody except GF, gotcha.
    I just showed you what you where actually writing when you say no CLASS shoud be able to take so little damage while doing so much damage...

Well maby we can keep ITC just make it frontal same as shield and that you can see the TR from behind then is that ok for you....

I did not put up the examples out there you did when you as usal write with out a clue about just about anything...
    That is all you GFs can do is insult, you have no real defense, you just hide behind insults and personal attacks. The most toxic players playing the most toxic class, priceless.
    Do you even realize how utterly funny that is comming from you and a Tr :)

PS my main is Hr btw
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User

What he means specifically is that when tenacity was transferred from gear on live to a "buff" for PVP on PTR they left in the 40% crit resistance and then (thinking that the crit reduction had been coded out) added a 40% crit severity resistance. Thus crits are being resisted on two fronts on PTR making them hit for less than non crit damage.

This would simply appear to be a coding oversight in the changeover in tenacity from equipment bound to a PVP buff for all characters.

We are actively looking into this issue. Double checked this morning and it is being hunted down.

Dear Sgrantdev,

Could you pls be so kind and comment anything about the fact that Break the Spirit is broken (not working at all) on LIVE?
    Its been a few weeks now and you tend not to care about Clirics buffs at all/.

Brgds / Заколебавший

Ok, so to fix GF, there needs to be a removal of the damage bonus feats in the Conqueror tree, it should be renamed. Or, the base damage can be brought down to Mod 5 levels. The shield needs to be DR, not RID, or it should be tied to damage instead of stamina. Knight's Challenge should be removed and replaced with a hard taunt. The Bullcharge prone needs to be removed, it should be a small daze or a stun. These are a few of many things that can be done right now to bring GF in line.

Dude,

im totally with you as well as MOST of Russian PvP server community.

Probably the best suggestions so far. (If bullcharges prone could be removed and substituted with a stun) JUST like GWF was nurfed in Mod 3.... why cant we nurf GF prone effects. Most of the damage that is being inflicted on live is becuz of the synergy of great damage WITH the bullcharges prone effect. (Nurf the prone, half of the damage wont be possible to do) imo that is more then enough.... if its too hard to fix the endless shield, ok leave it, if its hard to fix damage its ok leave it. Remove t he prone with a stun or daze and it would fix most of the problems in pvp.

Ok, so to fix GF, there needs to be a removal of the damage bonus feats in the Conqueror tree, it should be renamed. Or, the base damage can be brought down to Mod 5 levels. The shield needs to be DR, not RID, or it should be tied to damage instead of stamina. Knight's Challenge should be removed and replaced with a hard taunt. The Bullcharge prone needs to be removed, it should be a small daze or a stun. These are a few of many things that can be done right now to bring GF in line.

Have you EVER tanked MSVA, TONG. CN as Gf, well obviouly not making block DR would kill the class as Tank but then again you as usal come up with the clueless suggestion after the other,

KC can be lowered to 50% in pve same as pvp or replaced with something good as its the ONLY reason you can compeate with other high damage classes.

Bullcharge as a stun like florish is probably not a bad thing after that there is no reason to lower Gf damage, if you as a Gwf or Tr have problem keeping up in damage you need to learn how to gear/play your own characters instead of crying about people that actually know how to play theirs...

marnival said:

Have you EVER tanked MSVA, TONG. CN as Gf, well obviouly not making block DR would kill the class as Tank but then again you as usal come up with the clueless suggestion after the other,

KC can be lowered to 50% in pve same as pvp or replaced with something good as its the ONLY reason you can compeate with other high damage classes.

Bullcharge as a stun like florish is probably not a bad thing after that there is no reason to lower Gf damage, if you as a Gwf or Tr have problem keeping up in damage you need to learn how to gear/play your own characters instead of crying about people that actually know how to play theirs...
    Can you make one post without an insult or attack? My god, son. They do not hurt me, they embolden me. I will make a whole thread on nerfing GF now, thanks for the inspiration.
    "Son" the way you write you are most likely very much younger then me with age comes wisdom and you sure lack some of that.

Weather i post or not you sad crusade against the Gf class are so constand it do not matter tbh..
    marnival said:

marnival said:

Can you make one post without an insult or attack? My god, son. They do not hurt me, they embolden me. I will make a whole thread on nerfing GF now, thanks for the inspiration.
    "Son" the way you write you are most likely very much younger then me with age comes wisdom and you sure lack some of that.

Weather i post or not you sad crusade against the Gf class are so constand it do not matter tbh..
    Mate, you dont understand one thing, we talk as of PVP perspective, and you talk as PVE.
    We dont need to tank any of your dungeons. We need balanced pvp, which atm - its not.

Well, my thing is that I wanted to bring my TR back into PVP next Mod. But, there are BIS DPS PVP GFs begging for extreme nerfs to TR. It seems they will only be happy when TR can only run around playing tickle me Elmo. I am pointing out that the only OP class in PVP atm is GF. They scream foul and insult me. It makes no sense, there are no people that can with a straight face say GF is balanced. But, we have them here in this forum saying it behind a monitor where we can't see them laughing.

Again you show the most basic lack of knowledge possible, as to be expected.

Tr been the most broken class for ages, todays Gwf more then stand up to Gfs and so does both Cw and OPs.

If you play Tr Cw or OP and have problems with Gfs you are either in an inferior team or up against premades.

Tr atm does more damage and has 10 times more surviability then Gfs, Gwfs shrugg of the damage and lifesteal up in 2-3 seconds. Cw well get lucky enough to get a hit in bubble with take care of that and super long dodges with repel takes care of the rest.
    As a Hr i can stealmate and kill most Gfs 1-1 not all and those with lion are almost unkillable 1-1 but if I go defence they will not kill me either.

The true danger from Gfs is the chain bull/daily/griffon(florish) all you have to do is make bull a stun or daze.

New changes makes it very likely you have immunity stacks preventing that cc chain and those avoiding most of the damage.

You nerf Gfs damage as you want there will be NO place for them in pvp at all, non what so ever if they cant kill they will become a waste of space running around doing nothing good class in pvp that is a fact...
    alfalolz said:

marnival said:

marnival said:

Mate, you dont understand one thing, we talk as of PVP perspective, and you talk as PVE.
    We dont need to tank any of your dungeons. We need balanced pvp, which atm - its not.

And Tr being immortal with endless cc chain is oh and dont forget with SoD massive burst damage also..... Yea that makes sence...
  • sgrantdev#8718 sgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 22 Cryptic Developer
    alfalolz said:

Dear Sgrantdev,

Could you pls be so kind and comment anything about the fact that Break the Spirit is broken (not working at all) on LIVE?
    Its been a few weeks now and you tend not to care about Clirics buffs at all/.

Brgds / Заколебавший

We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. Hopefully we can get a fix out to you soon.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

Well, my thing is that I wanted to bring my TR back into PVP next Mod. But, there are BIS DPS PVP GFs begging for extreme nerfs to TR. It seems they will only be happy when TR can only run around playing tickle me Elmo. I am pointing out that the only OP class in PVP atm is GF. They scream foul and insult me. It makes no sense, there are no people that can with a straight face say GF is balanced. But, we have them here in this forum saying it behind a monitor where we can't see them laughing.

@sh00termcl0vin @marnival This is insanity. GF nerf already happened in Mod 10, or did you forget. You want the GF to have no way of defending them selves (replaced with Damage Resistance which makes 0 sense, probably because that's what the Paladin has meanwhile they have that there for balance reasons. Aka Binding Oath, Templar's Wrath, Absolution etc), you want the GF to hit 7k's in PvP because YOU want the base damage brought back to "Mod 5 levels". You want KC completely nullified so it's a "taunt". You want Bull Charge nerfed to where it doesn't prone. You're crazy.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter

theguiido said:

@sh00termcl0vin @marnival This is insanity. GF nerf already happened in Mod 10, or did you forget. You want the GF to have no way of defending them selves (replaced with Damage Resistance which makes 0 sense, probably because that's what the Paladin has meanwhile they have that there for balance reasons. Aka Binding Oath, Templar's Wrath, Absolution etc), you want the GF to hit 7k's in PvP because YOU want the base damage brought back to "Mod 5 levels". You want KC completely nullified so it's a "taunt". You want Bull Charge nerfed to where it doesn't prone. You're crazy.
    Moe insults, yay! You guys are just too much.
    I'm not insulting you, i'm just saying the changes you want are absurd. The Developers would never revert the weapon damage back to mod 5, nor would they put in the nerfs you want.

Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Update:

Found the bug where crit damage versus players was being massively overnerfed. The system should now be working as described in the original post (that is, the crit severity is being reduced in PvP, but not the total crit damage, so you should never be worse off for having crit), which is what's intended.

Or, in the immortal words of @macjae, "rather than 1.75 x 0.6, it should be 1 + (0.75 x 0.6)".

Fixed on our end, and hopefully you all should be seeing the fix on preview sometime next week.

Update:

Found the bug where crit damage versus players was being massively overnerfed. The system should now be working as described in the original post (that is, the crit severity is being reduced in PvP, but not the total crit damage, so you should never be worse off for having crit), which is what's intended.

Or, in the immortal words of @macjae, "rather than 1.75 x 0.6, it should be 1 + (0.75 x 0.6)".

Fixed on our end, and hopefully you all should be seeing the fix on preview sometime next week.

How is the Strategist Helm going to work with the upcoming CC changes? Is the purpose so that it's damage is built up through multiple people hitting you with CC's?
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• krutiouskrutious Member Posts: 16 Arc User

The Bullcharge prone needs to be removed. There needs to be a huge reduction in the base damage of GF, and/or Fighter's Recovery needs to be removed or drastically lowered, and Shield needs to be cut to around 20% RID for Conqueror. There have to be trade-offs, every class has them, except GF. When players choose a TANK class, to only play DPS, you know there is a problem.

That is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, that's why I play a GF now in pvp I tried all classes except CW,and none were even close,GFs are good with even crappy gear and hardly any campaign boons it's just so silly,I mean is it just gonna stay this stupid,I really do think it is ,because it's been this way for a good long while now,no sense in even rolling a different toon if you predominantly want to PVP I mean that's it! Basically GF or bust,and now everyone is like" Nerf Nerf Nerf TR smoke bomb and courage breaker oh my God it's just so crazy I actually seen a TR kill a GF today it was like so unbelievable"wtf gtfoh.
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    @sgrantdev, could I please ask something I don't quite understand? Where did this 100-75-50-25 idea come from and what is its aim exactly? These increments target control strength, making me think that you perceive that specifically being a problem in pvp. But it is not control strength so much as the ability to spam encounters in quick succession that is problematic. That is where statements like "there is too much control in pvp" come from.

I also don't quite understand where the idea of implementing an immunity window following accumulation of cc-resist stacks came from. Is it a template taken from another MMO? CC in the class design of NWO is an essential feature so why adopt this extreme mechanism of negating it altogether and not focus on the how often certain classes can spam their cc powers (such as by reconsidering certain "problem" encounters and feats)? Or even reconsidering the efficiency of recharge speed increase for pvp?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    my perspective on class balance that i am sure all sides will agree with/ interpret

there are a few approaches here on gf /tr class balance here or any class try subbing them in to each of these questions and apply them to a class then apply it situation ally vs another class /variables etc

how does he/she perform in pve are all paths viable? / hybirdize to pvp .(does it make it ok if said class is over powered or under powered cause no other path is viable or balanced by the devs?/ so brokenness /weakness can be rationalised )
    does he perform well at low gear score and investment or high gear score and investment(in pvp / pve environments ) is it a gear intensive class or not pets enchantments gear mounts ?

does he/class require many power points unlocked or are there few "good skills/encounters/powers" and /or lots/little of boon grinding (in the case of a cw for example many many more points are needed for pvp /pve then some classes to hybridise properly whether it be because of broken powers/mechanics or lack of choice/synergy or needed utility versatility ) you cant always die and change specs at the camp fire if you dont have an encounter.. you need it already in the loadout so you can swap on the fly

does the class require much "skill" or build tweaking timing knowledge
    does it require to be viable/overpowered that the player "got lucky with a certain item" or paid to win

is the class forced into once path or meta/ paragon that is more viable then the rest
    how does the class perform in a 2v2 3v3 or at mid on the initial break
    how does the class perform in a controlled 1 v 1 with no timer
    how does the class perform in pvp in a limited time window 5-20 second lets say ...
    will he more likely die stale mate or kill before reinforcements arrive
    can the class "save the node/ arrive just in time " either by extreme mobility or knock backs or cc
    can the class only 1 v1 a certain class effectively with an exclusive loadout that is less then optimal for fighting other classes / and cannot be swapped on the fly in combat

does the class "appear to be over powered / underpowered because said player is not co ordination with a team / lacks under standing of mechnaics / learn to play issue / not using a mike / cant hear what the heck is going on

does said player lack the hand eye ordination to play said class effectively /bad internet bad ping bad mouse etc /therefore skewing results
    does the player realise that certain powers have visual Qs or sound effects and can be countered / anticipated

how does the class take advantage of terrain and the map in general
    is the class stronger on one pvp/pve map vs another especially if it is memorized

does the class get free stats / dont need to invest in / or can ignore
    is the class therefore more effective to gear up and config as a cc class dps class / heal etc
    we can expand on this situation ally for any class

a lot of you are comparing controlled 1 v 1s and pvp chaos 1 v 1s which are complete different thing
    whereby some classes are constrained to a small node or defending it it or just holding someone there as points tick and fighting off node / harrassing so strategically they (thier opponent )dont leave to join the fray elsewhere an dkil weaker team members ..
    or else risk exposing themselves to extra harm/ unavoidable damage by having limited mobility on the small node (and eating unavoidable aoe damage/effects )that they cant win anyways by conventional methods ..but still "win" the 1 v 1 not by killling but by strategy

now apply all of this to the new crit meta and cc resist meta and healing depression meta
    is every class supposed to have a counter or a weakness/ class to challenge it ? or be a 1 man army
    so balanced for team play or solo pvp play

i think some classes may be checking off too many of some of the boxs here and some too few / too little

guys i think this is some of my best work ever : D +1 to the pot of coffee will revise / clear up typos ..
    this is coming from the perspective on tens of thousands of matches I played guys..

now imagine you are one of few devs trying to sort this mess out !!!
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    i copid my current charcter to preview. my main is DC
    nearly impossible to find someone to play pvp in preview (need premade i guess)
    the idea of training PVP dummy is nice.
    i checked icewind PVP open area, i see 50% healing reduction. i assume additional 50% will appear when i get it (total of 75%)

equip change is great. allmost every player can join PVP with his PVE equip without suffering. similar to mode 1-3
    now its the golden era of equip in neverwinter, we should see many builds and equip. will be nice.
    many pure PVE players like GWF will be able to join. there are lots of strong PVE players that never participate in PVP.

control change is hard, i will try to test it.(ill try to ask my alliance for help)
    but if player will get complete immunity for ~80% of the time its null many things
    valindra set and artifact
    oghama artifact
    refuge insignia
    Charisma
    Halfing race
    elven battle enchant
    Dwarven footing boon
    Dragon greep boon
    Demonic resilience boon
    CW allmost all builds
    HR non combat builds
    TR scoundrel path
    all have 0 effect once you get control immunity!
    keep in mind we use those for PVP only as mod9-12 bosses and mobs ignore control resist.
    i whold propose alternative:
    *max stack of 3 = its 75% control resist equal to today 300% control resist. thats a big control redcue and it does not null all the rest
    * u can get one stack per sec, once its max it last 2 sec only and than reset

if you want to fix courage breaker, please fix the broken things:
    is reduce movment to 0. what does it means reduce your movemnet by 120%? can't it reduce 80% so we can still move?
    keep in mind it cause glitches on PVE as well as it effect several bosses.
    why cant we dodge this attack? its the only attack we can not dodge and its one of the strongest. whats the idea behind it?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @zeusom said:
    > @sgrantdev#8718
    >
    > You do understand that courage breaker slow ability as is currently is the only way we will ever have hope in hades to duelist flurry on a fast mobile opponent?
    > By nerfing courage breaker you will be forcing more players to go the executioner shadow of demise path.
    >
    > Do not change courage breakers slow feature. (Too bad they never listen to me)
    >
    > @sgrantdev#8718
    >
    > Rogues: Whining about broken powers being appropriately nerfed since mod4

You are flaming and trolling.. . It's not that courage breaker is over powered, it's that some builds have super a gain plus sigil plus mount power to spam daily every 5 seconds. This is what needs to be addressed not courage breaker.

Power creep power dump is the issue.

Also the whole add temp hp when you atrack someone with sheild or temp hp armor is going to be chaos, don't add this to game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    > @defiantone99 said:
    > The Bullcharge prone needs to be removed. There needs to be a huge reduction in the base damage of GF, and/or Fighter's Recovery needs to be removed or drastically lowered, and Shield needs to be cut to around 20% RID for Conqueror. There have to be trade-offs, every class has them, except GF. When players choose a TANK class, to only play DPS, you know there is a problem.
    >
    > That is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, that's why I play a GF now in pvp I tried all classes except CW,and none were even close,GFs are good with even crappy gear and hardly any campaign boons it's just so silly,I mean is it just gonna stay this stupid,I really do think it is ,because it's been this way for a good long while now,no sense in even rolling a different toon if you predominantly want to PVP I mean that's it! Basically GF or bust,and now everyone is like" Nerf Nerf Nerf TR smoke bomb and courage breaker oh my God it's just so crazy I actually seen a TR kill a GF today it was like so unbelievable"wtf gtfoh.
    >
    > You forgot, they also want to nerf ITC and deflect severity, and remove perma-stealth as well.

Itc got nerfed. In the past you would take 0 damage in a tabbed itc, and with this could walk out in lava to revive allies. After The NERF to itc, if you died a tr wouldn't try to revive you anymore in those hard to reach places.

Permanent stealth also had it's nerf, because now at wills drain stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    This whole cc immunity after so many cc chains in mod 12b is going to be very very bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'm absolutely looking forward to cc-lite pvp, stunbot HRs, byee, repel cws, cya. Twoshot gfs, less of a thing. TRs, well damn, hopefully they'll also be reduced to erm, not too irritating.

CC is just ridiculous atm. Glad it's going.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Since you introduce cc immune stacks then remove the immunity control frame on dodges blocks sprints etc. ( only for pvp)>

ON live enemy can block-dodge-sprint control powers and get control immune frame ( so we have already some kind of control immunity).