test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User

Because getting 6 artifacts for 10k AD as it is atm on Xbox is WAY more expensive than getting 10mil RP, of course. I don't know how nobody on PC use feeders, most on console do, its not only my friends, or my guild, or even the alliance, actually most ppl use the feeder system, and if they don't have a clue, ppl ask around.

Like I said before, the new system has its benefits, but refining artifacts is not one of them. Most players don't have a bunch of r12 Quartermasters, new and most of the mid level players don't even have a Wanderers fortune mount and/or a bunch of characters with maxed out Leadership, many of them aren't facing the "first world problems" of having too much refinement, you're pretty much saying "Well, sux to be new in this game" and that's exactly my point, Devs need to do even better and actually aim for new players, we're having less and less ppl across all platforms because of half-thought changes like this one.

The "method" is driven by the price of Artifacts, RP and marks. The AH price is not the same among platforms. The "method" is not new. It was not used in the very beginning in PC because the price of artifact was not cheap, marks was not cheap. RP was cheap. That is why someone wrote a spreadsheet that one can input the price of artifact, RP, marks to see if that is worthwhile to do so.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yubit#2497 yubit Member Posts: 32 Arc User

Because getting 6 artifacts for 10k AD as it is atm on Xbox is WAY more expensive than getting 10mil RP, of course. I don't know how nobody on PC use feeders, most on console do, its not only my friends, or my guild, or even the alliance, actually most ppl use the feeder system, and if they don't have a clue, ppl ask around.

Like I said before, the new system has its benefits, but refining artifacts is not one of them. Most players don't have a bunch of r12 Quartermasters, new and most of the mid level players don't even have a Wanderers fortune mount and/or a bunch of characters with maxed out Leadership, many of them aren't facing the "first world problems" of having too much refinement, you're pretty much saying "Well, sux to be new in this game" and that's exactly my point, Devs need to do even better and actually aim for new players, we're having less and less ppl across all platforms because of half-thought changes like this one.

The "method" is driven by the price of Artifacts, RP and marks. The AH price is not the same among platforms. The "method" is not new. It was not used in the very beginning in PC because the price of artifact was not cheap, marks was not cheap. RP was cheap. That is why someone wrote a spreadsheet that one can input the price of artifact, RP, marks to see if that is worthwhile to do so.
    And... You missed my point. >.<
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

I appreciate the passive aggressive snarky remarks. Truly I do. As I do that myself. Unfortunately, it confuses people for whom English is a second or third language and it does not really make you seem knowledgeable. And RP costs me nothing. I do the same things to get RP that I would do anyway. So it does not cost me time. Basically, it is free. So yes, the 10k AD it costs for feeders on your Xbox technically makes it infinitely more expensive to use rather than straight RP. =p

Wanderer's Fortune is really easy to get on a mount. The Siege of Neverwinter on the PC is easy to do. And they seem to be doing this siege very often. 15 minutes per day for 14 days and you have an epic mount that provides WF. I did it on my 8 characters the last Siege of Neverwinter. I know it well. It provides lots of RP.

QM enchants do not need to be R12 to have good benefits. Unless things have changed, a total of 11% provides a great benefit per Reddit. And this is only needed when you open bags, not when collecting bags. But I have only recently started playing again (started with the last Siege fo Neverwinter) and do not use QM enchants at this time. I use R8 dragon hoard and fey and I have plenty of RP. I will be moving to QM or a combination of QM and DH, as I want the ability to double my RP with QM bags from the x2 enchant events.

I never said it sux to be new in this game. But many people are exaggerating the negative aspects of this change, completely discounting the benefits. And while new players are at a disadvantage, that is how life works. It takes time to build a resource base and it should.
  • araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User

No need to get QM enchants to R12, or anywhere near that. In fact, with the new system it's going to be easier tham every to reach 11% or so.

It should take a bit under 500 QM bags to amass enough RP to fully upgrade an artifact, or about a month an a half at most, not counting other methods of amassing RP. It's definitely harder than it used to be, but considering the stats that some of them give the cost is now more comparable to enchants, which is what the devs want I guess.
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    onodrain said:

I use WF, R8 dragon hoard and fey and I have plenty of RP.

I guess I feel the need to jump in here and ask how you, personally define "plenty of RP," and point out that that subjective measurement will differ wildly by person.

I'm very glad I upgraded my alts artifacts to mythic last weekend on 2xRP rather than waiting for the new system. Many things are going to end up cheaper/faster to refine under the new system, but Artifacts are not on that list.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    onodrain said:

I appreciate the passive aggressive snarky remarks. Truly I do. As I do that myself. Unfortunately, it confuses people for whom English is a second or third language and it does not really make you seem knowledgeable. And RP costs me nothing. I do the same things to get RP that I would do anyway. So it does not cost me time. Basically, it is free. So yes, the 10k AD it costs for feeders on your Xbox technically makes it infinitely more expensive to use rather than straight RP. =p

Wanderer's Fortune is really easy to get on a mount. The Siege of Neverwinter on the PC is easy to do. And they seem to be doing this siege very often. 15 minutes per day for 14 days and you have an epic mount that provides WF. I did it on my 8 characters the last Siege of Neverwinter. I know it well. It provides lots of RP.

QM enchants do not need to be R12 to have good benefits. Unless things have changed, a total of 11% provides a great benefit per Reddit. And this is only needed when you open bags, not when collecting bags. But I have only recently started playing again (started with the last Siege fo Neverwinter) and do not use QM enchants at this time. I use R8 dragon hoard and fey and I have plenty of RP. I will be moving to QM or a combination of QM and DH, as I want the ability to double my RP with QM bags from the x2 enchant events.

I never said it sux to be new in this game. But many people are exaggerating the negative aspects of this change, completely discounting the benefits. And while new players are at a disadvantage, that is how life works. It takes time to build a resource base and it should.
    everything you can sell costs you something remember
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Alternatively, add some settings to mass conversion so you can exclude artifact equipment from the process, or items by quality (not epic/legendary/mythic, for example). Preferably, you'd still be able to add these items to the RP-processing window, but you'd have to do it manually (the "add one item" UI).

I didn't see any way to pull artifacts into the UI automatically, so the only process for salvaging an artifact into RP is to do so deliberately. I think at least epic+ artifact equipment should be subject to the same, and probably enchants too.

In practice, we are relatively unlikely in the future to be converting rune/enchant items into RP on a regular basis because we won't be getting them as constant drops. This alone will reduce the chances of accidents a great deal.

Items in your bank are never pulled into the refinement UI, so this is an excellent safeguard for anything you want to keep and don't need immediate access to at all times. Unfortunately, loadouts require items to be in your bags, not your bank.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    rayrdan said:

onodrain said:

Anything you can get from QM enchants is BoA, so you can't sell that. Anybody using QM enchants of his main and alts could easily get more than enough RP from only playing, and that makes it easy to sell all your unbound RP like the stuff from leadership bags.
    @beckylunatic I always enjoy your thoughtful posts.

I have not tested this, but Fey Blessing enchantments are supposed to drop enchantments. It will be an ongoing source of enchantments for people who use them.
    araxelven said:

rayrdan said:

Anything you can get from QM enchants is BoA, so you can't sell that. Anybody using QM enchants of his main and alts could easily get more than enough RP from only playing, and that makes it easy to sell all your unbound RP like the stuff from leadership bags.
    When people refer to the opportunity cost of using bound RP, they're talking about using the RP to rank up enchants to sell.

With every bit of RP in the future being equal no matter what you put it into, this is actually a bigger consideration than ever, as opposed to trying to make the most of your match bonuses and sometimes not having any good options for some of your bound stuff.
    onodrain said:

I have not tested this, but Fey Blessing enchantments are supposed to drop enchantments. It will be an ongoing source of enchantments for people who use them.

Good point. I keep meaning to copy over some Fey Blessing and Tymora enchants to see if they still only drop items on the ground. I'd be somewhat inclined to diversify my utility enchants if they all auto-pickup, but if it's more $#&% on the ground, hell no.

Neverwinter Census 2017

araxelven said:

rayrdan said:

When people refer to the opportunity cost of using bound RP, they're talking about using the RP to rank up enchants to sell.

With every bit of RP in the future being equal no matter what you put it into, this is actually a bigger consideration than ever, as opposed to trying to make the most of your match bonuses and sometimes not having any good options for some of your bound stuff.
    onodrain said:

Good point. I keep meaning to copy over some Fey Blessing and Tymora enchants to see if they still only drop items on the ground. I'd be somewhat inclined to diversify my utility enchants if they all auto-pickup, but if it's more $#&% on the ground, hell no.
    I see. In that case I don't think this is going to be really that viable with the change, at least intil the market settles.

At lower ranks since the demand is going to be much lower (1x R8 need instead of 4, for example) then profit margins are also going to be much lower, which might not be worth it with the RNG of pres wards. Even at higher ranks since everything is going to be much more accessible prices will halved or more. And at first some players will probably rush to unload their spare enchants too so the market may dip below what it costs to make them.
    edited September 2017
    I just tested in Dread Ring.

Fey Blessing Enchants 2xR9 and 2xR10
    BoA Black Pearls (100 RP) dropped and had to be collected off the ground manually
    Normal drops were all Black Pearl unbound of roughly equal quantity and had to be collected off the ground manually

Dragon Hoard Enchants 5xR8
    Mostly BoA Peridot (50 RP) put directly in inventory. A few BoA White Pearls (10 RP) were also put directly into inventory.
    Normal drops were all Black Pearl unbound and had to be collected off the ground manually

I do not have time to test more right now. Fey Enchantments are not properly dropping enchantments, but rather dropping gemstones.
    More testing last night. Did not have time for a statistically relevant sample size. I ran through 1.5 quadrants of Dread Ring with each setup. I started in the SW quadrant and did the lower half of the NW quadrant. I turned off Wanderer's Fortune for the test.

4xR8 Fey Blessing
    BoA Black Pearls (100 RP) dropped and had to be collected off the ground manually
    I wanted to see if lower ranks of Fey Blessing dropped lower RP (which would be a change). They dropped the same RP...all Black Pearls. What was more interesting was that I received no normal drops of gemstones.

Dragon Hoard Enchants 3xR9 and 2xR10
    Mostly BoA Peridot (50 RP) put directly in inventory. A few BoA White Pearls (10 RP) were also put directly into inventory. One BoA Emerald (250 RP) also put directly in inventory.
    Normal drops were all Black Pearl unbound and had to be collected off the ground manually

1. Dragon Hoard enchants drop directly into inventory and Fey Blessing must be collected off the ground
    2. Fey Blessing provides more RP currently on Test....if you are willing to pick it up
    Fey Blessing quality of drops has always keyed off mob level, although I found (back when I still used them) that level 70 and maybe 71 minions would sometimes still pop BtA R4s rather than R5s.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Don't know if this was mentioned already or not, but the permanent double RP for artifact weapons is gone. Converting an orange weapon into RP gives you 46467 RP which, since RP requirements for artifact was decreased 20x, is equivalent to 929340 RP on live, so we're back to losing 80% of the RP put into weapons.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Unfortunately, loadouts require items to be in your bags, not your bank.

Uhm.... wouldn't it make sense to automatically exclude everything that is used in at least one loadout? Maybe someone should suggest that to the devs, eh?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Unfortunately, loadouts require items to be in your bags, not your bank.

Uhm.... wouldn't it make sense to automatically exclude everything that is used in at least one loadout? Maybe someone should suggest that to the devs, eh?
    Yeah it definitely shouldn't attempt to use anything in a loadout without it being added manually.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    WIthout wanting to be too much of a pain but can anyone answer the following:
    1. Can someone please explain what will happen with the marks and refinement for the runic weapons?
    2. Any news on what will drop from the chests/bags from leadership? What I'm seeing so far doesn't seem to make economic sense
    3. Wanderer's Fortune - what will it drop?
    4. What will be done to keep artifacts special as they will no longer be needed as feeders?
    Sorry to repeat myself and if I've missed the answers!
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    So...what will the final value of empowered HP be?

edited September 2017
    luks707 said:

1. Can someone please explain what will happen with the marks and refinement for the runic weapons?
    2. Any news on what will drop from the chests/bags from leadership? What I'm seeing so far doesn't seem to make economic sense
    4. What will be done to keep artifacts special as they will no longer be needed as feeders?
    Here is a breakdown of leadership bags:

Thaumaturgic Bag
    One Minor Mark of Potency or Lesser Mark of Potency or Mark of Potency
    and One Peridot or Emerald or Flawless Sapphire

Resonance Bag
    One Lesser Enchanting stone or Enchanting stone

Artifact Paraphernalia Bag
    One Minor Mark of Potency or Lesser Mark of Potency or Mark of Potency or Lesser Enchanting stone or Enchanting stone

I had a ton of Thaumatugic bags, so I opened a few thousand by copying characters multiple times. You get Marks of Potency about 5% of the time. The lesser and minor marks seem close to 45% and 55% if I was guestimating. Peridot more than emeralds with very few Flawless Sapphires. Everything is unbound in leadership bags, just like it is now.

I have not isolated Wanderer's Fortune to see if it is changed.

Just to put everything in one thread:

Quartermaster continued to put bags directly into your inventory. In Dread Ring, these bags were

Spoils of War : contained one enchant (R5/R6) and one gemstone
    Abandoned Gear: contained one enchant (R5/R6) and then misc other stuff

Enchants and gemstones will both benefit from the x2 events, so you will get more RP if you wait to open them for the x2 Enchant/Runestone/Gemstone events.

So hoarders rejoice!!! You can still hoard your QM bags and Leadership bags to open during x2 events.
    onodrain said:

Thaumaturgic Bag

Resonance Bag

One Minor Mark of Potency or Lesser Mark of Potency or Mark of Potency or Lesser Enchanting stone or Enchanting stone

Thank you. This is the information I need. I already changed my leadership task strategy.
    I used to get Resonance Bag and enchanted coffer only. I did not make Thaumaturgic Bag and Artifact Paraphernalia Bag at all.
    However, regular Resonance Bag task (16 hours) is longer and less XP.
    Now, I don't do the long Resonance Bag task anymore. I only do blue Resonance Bag tasks (8 and 12 hours).
    I start to make Artifact Paraphernalia Bag and Thaumaturgic Bag because their time is shorter and more XP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    onodrain said:

luks707 said:

Thaumaturgic Bag

Resonance Bag

I had a ton of Thaumatugic bags, so I opened a few thousand by copying characters multiple times. You get Marks of Potency about 5% of the time. The lesser and minor marks seem close to 45% and 55% if I was guestimating. Peridot more than emeralds with very few Flawless Sapphires. Everything is unbound in leadership bags, just like it is now.

I have not isolated Wanderer's Fortune to see if it is changed.

Just to put everything in one thread:

Quartermaster continued to put bags directly into your inventory. In Dread Ring, these bags were

Spoils of War : contained one enchant (R5/R6) and one gemstone
    Abandoned Gear: contained one enchant (R5/R6) and then misc other stuff

Enchants and gemstones will both benefit from the x2 events, so you will get more RP if you wait to open them for the x2 Enchant/Runestone/Gemstone events.

So hoarders rejoice!!! You can still hoard your QM bags and Leadership bags to open during x2 events.
    What % of dropping did you had when opening the Quartermaster bags?
    tomiotar said:

I had 5xQMr9, so 10%
    onodrain said:

tomiotar said:

I had 5xQMr9, so 10%
    You need to upgrade your QM a little bit more. I don't remember what I have (probably 11%). My bags always give me R6/R7. No R5. Mako's ring can give you the 6th utility slot.
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User

1. Enchanted coffer. It can drop marks right now. I assumed they will also drop the new enchanting stones. However, the other bags are dropping them, I am curious if enchanted coffer will drop them.
    2. Will the new bags/coffers from leadership be new type of bags/coffers as same name but with different item id? i.e. if I carry forward what I have now to mod 12b, will these 'old' bags/coffers drop new items?
    3. What will happen to the marks I have right now? Will mod 12b just convert all my marks to Enchanting stones automatically?

1. Still drops GMoP, blue MoP, other refinement items replaced with new types. So no rank 4s and 5s of 4 types of enchants and 5 types of runes, and no green/blue marks of 3 types. Just a few types of generic RP stones and green/blue enchantment stone reagents.

So I'm confused (easily).

Let's say (I'm pulling numbers out of my butt) that currently 100 enchanted coffers drops say: 35 R5 enchants worth "x" RP.

Are you saying in the new (well proposed/preview), that it would drop say, 35 generic RP stones worth 1/10 of what a current R5 are now?

I was on last night on Live and someone on NW Legit was saying enchanted coffers don't drop RP anymore. but I don't always believe what i read. haha

Thanks!
    edited September 2017
    mjonis said:

1. Enchanted coffer. It can drop marks right now. I assumed they will also drop the new enchanting stones. However, the other bags are dropping them, I am curious if enchanted coffer will drop them.
    2. Will the new bags/coffers from leadership be new type of bags/coffers as same name but with different item id? i.e. if I carry forward what I have now to mod 12b, will these 'old' bags/coffers drop new items?
    3. What will happen to the marks I have right now? Will mod 12b just convert all my marks to Enchanting stones automatically?

1. Still drops GMoP, blue MoP, other refinement items replaced with new types. So no rank 4s and 5s of 4 types of enchants and 5 types of runes, and no green/blue marks of 3 types. Just a few types of generic RP stones and green/blue enchantment stone reagents.

Let's say (I'm pulling numbers out of my butt) that currently 100 enchanted coffers drops say: 35 R5 enchants worth "x" RP.

Are you saying in the new (well proposed/preview), that it would drop say, 35 generic RP stones worth 1/10 of what a current R5 are now?

I was on last night on Live and someone on NW Legit was saying enchanted coffers don't drop RP anymore. but I don't always believe what i read. haha

Thanks!
    I am not sure she knows 35 R5 is replaced with what. She only knows what will be dropped and what will not be dropped. I don't think she knows the drop percentage of each item.
    Enchanted coffer drops peridot right now. I assume that will still be dropped. Peridot is RP.
    mjonis said:

Thanks!
    No need to be confused. If you are on PC, just transfer characters to test.

I did some testing for you since I have a lot of the Enchanted Coffers in inventory.

Currently Enchanted Coffers (EC) have a chance at dropping Peridot. Those gemstones are still in the new EC.

Currently EC can drop 3xR4 enchant or 6xR4 runestones. This is replaced by 3xAmethyst (25 RP)

Currently EC can drop 2xR5 enchant/runestone. This is replaced with 2xBlack Pearl (100 RP)

Mark of Union/Power/Stability have been replaced with Enchanting Stones.

I opened 144 enchanted coffers. I got some potions and other stuff. The pertinent stuff is:

11 peridots
    42 black pearls
    72 amethysts
    2 moderate enchanting stones
    4 moderate marks of potency
    1 greater mark of potency

All of the contents are unbound.

Generally I have seen r5 enchants/runes replaced with black pearls, and this is the case here. This is similar to the value of an r5 used for a current artifact upgrade and is the new value for an R5 (100 RP) enchant in 12b

Based on the enchanted coffers, it looks like they will be replacing the R4 enchants with amethysts. So where you would see a general loot drop of an R4, you will see an amethyst drop in 12b.
    mjonis said:

Thanks!
    R4 enchants being replaced in coffer with amethyst
    R5 enchants replaced with black pearls
    marks of union/stability/power replaced with enchanting stones

I opened 144 enchanted coffers and found these refining things:

11 peridots (50 RP)
    42 black pearls (100 RP same as new R5 enchant/rune)
    72 amethysts (25 RP same as new R4 enchant/rune)
    2 moderate enchanting stones
    4 moderate marks of potency
    1 greater mark of potency

Everything is unbound still.