test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Solo PVP Que Decline Penalty

architect40architect40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
Too many players are trying to game the system. There needs to be a 2-5 minute penalty for declining solo pvp que.

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Actually I use decline to avoid people manipulating the system.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    Are you referring to attempting to get into the same game as a friend?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• architect40architect40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Are you referring to attempting to get into the same game as a friend?

Yes, definitely. The big pvp guilds have been doing it and getting as many as 3 & 4 of the same guild in one pvp. My guild has been doing it. They sync ques in team speak and then decline when someone doesn't get in. Then they start over.

It's sad that they think they need the advantage to win, but it's what they do.
  • grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    If a penalty just to solo queue could be applied I'd rather there be no accept or decline. You queue, when it's ready it just loads. However, it seems that being able to apply it to just one type of queue is the problem.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Another thing that should be done about Solo PvP queues is kicking.
    People on the losing team just keep kicking weaker players till they are winning. That sucks for new players.
  • architect40architect40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User

Another thing that should be done about Solo PvP queues is kicking.
    People on the losing team just keep kicking weaker players till they are winning. That sucks for new players.

I'm torn on this one. When you get a 6k gear player that has all blue pve gear on. This means they are not even trying, and it's probably an alt char just trying to get ad. I try and kick this type every time. If they have pvp gear on and they are trying, I'm good to go win or lose what ever their gear score.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I'm torn on this one. When you get a 6k gear player that has all blue pve gear on. This means they are not even trying, and it's probably an alt char just trying to get ad. I try and kick this type every time. If they have pvp gear on and they are trying, I'm good to go win or lose what ever their gear score.

Keep in mind that with tenacity going away most of the gear you see in PvP will be PvE sets. So how do you tell the difference between an alt in blue gear and a new player in blue gear?
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Keep in mind that with tenacity going away most of the gear you see in PvP will be PvE sets. So how do you tell the difference between an alt in blue gear and a new player in blue gear?
    well for starters less then ranks 7 for me would be a big hint /not bothering to fill all enchantment slots
    no artifacts would be another tell or the realm catalog artifact lol

no guild tag would be another hint

gear/rings from mod 1 -6 another hint ..

the level of the blue gear and if it is from a recent mod
    and 4-8k with a known medium sized guild tag contributing/ inflating item thier level ... also another hint

oh and of course if i see rank 3s 4s or 5s not in utility slots

• grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Being able to kick has it's place, but I also hate it being used in the ways you all have mentioned above. Was in a match yesterday (PS4) where we had a 5k GF on our team. The GF was trying, I don't know if they were an alt trying to just get AD or whatever, they were active. When the vote to kick them failed (would love to see the vote dialogue moved) a group member kept spamming "kick the GF or I won't fight" over and over. We lost the match around 1000 to 600. So queued for another match and both the GF and the person that spammed the "I won't fight" were on my team again. Same exact thing happened, vote failed, " kick the GF, or I won't fight"...
    We won 1000 to 600.

I would really like to see some kind of separation of queues based on IL, but until then I will never vote someone out based on that alone.

So permanent solo queue comes with 12b? At least that's what I thought I read. Well, I hope they have some time/resources to apply to how the solo dom is queued before then. I have always been a fan of randomising teams in all games I've played.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    kalina311 said:

well for starters less then ranks 7 for me would be a big hint /not bothering to fill all enchantment slots
    no artifacts would be another tell or the realm catalog artifact lol

I have to laugh when I see this one ... I see so many actual legit new players carrying around the catalog. The stats on this thing are dreadful, yet for some reason so many TRs, GWFs, CWs and other DPS classes seem to pick this at level 22 instead of the lantern. Then when they get to 70 and realize they made a terrible mistake, they are stuck with it until they can find a better artifact. Some, just stick with it ...

As a completely off topic aside here ... it would be nice if the quest where new players get their first artifact would actually explain the artifacts and what they will end up looking like at legendary or mythic. At green new players get to see only a single stat and most don't realize they can see the later versions of them in the collections window.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader