What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Base AP of DC skills

michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
edited June 2018 in The Temple

Post edited by michela123 on

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Thank you michela for your hard work. :)
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    Thx

Exaltation only give me AP when i actualy heal, i always assumed it was healing action.

Holy fervor looks like stat buff, i assumed its 20%+ my current AP gain (its give me 26%...).
    My AC allways have it. i think ill still keep it even that it doesnt works on half the powers.

Heling Action, someone told me it depend on how many i heal. did you see a diffrence?
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Thanks for this michela, this is good info. Haven't seen that kind of info since kaelic posted the divinity rates back in mod 5
  • ravenna#2742 ravenna Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    this is very helpful! thanks for posting it.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Great information Michela!

What do people use, Atral Fury (+10 damage) or Furious Intervention (+10% AP when dealing damage) for your main DC spec?

Personally, I feel that the 10% AP gain is not as good as the 10% damage. I get extra AP from Gift of Haste and my artifact necklace. But I do not have the wisdom of many of the people here. I would love to hear your thoughts.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    Thank youuu! This is awesomely helpful :D!
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Thanks everyone for the comments and welcome back @jazzfong!

@plavia
    A lot of powers give AP only in combat. Exaltation has also a bug: if your target deflects it, you gain less AP. This will be fixed in a future patch anyway.
    Healing Action, Holy Fervor and Furious Intervention are all multipliers. Here’s an example. Let’s take a character with:
    - 5500 Recovery (each 399.795 is 1% AP) = 13.75705%
    - 16 Charisma = 6%
    - Sun Elf Race = 2%
    - Healing Action = 5%
    - Holy Fervor = 20%
    - Furious Intervention = 10%
    Let’s use Divine Glow (base AP 6.4)
    Final AP = 6.4*1.1375705*1.06*1.02*1.05*1.2*1.1 = 10.91007
    And ACT agrees:

ACT registers AP Gain as Power Replenish (10 Power Replenish = 1% AP).
    Also take note that the AP Gain% displayed in the Character Sheet are wrong. Don't trust that value!

In my tests I gained the same amount of AP regardless of the number of targets hit.

@onodrain
    It depends. My AC build has Furious Intervention, my DO build Astral Fury, since that’s a bit more oriented instead.
    onodrain said:

Great information Michela!

What do people use, Atral Fury (+10 damage) or Furious Intervention (+10% AP when dealing damage) for your main DC spec?

Personally, I feel that the 10% AP gain is not as good as the 10% damage. I get extra AP from Gift of Haste and my artifact necklace. But I do not have the wisdom of many of the people here. I would love to hear your thoughts.

If your going full DPS, you typically have both

If you are support you will probably take FI over AF.

Would also depend on your timing. If your cooldown on HG is over before your AP bar is full then you will probably want more AP, if not you may not want to invest in more AP and instead turn your focus to reducing the HG cooldown

If your an AC cleric, you want as much AP as possible period. That way you can spam AA

• mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Stupid question here, but what does the first column represent?
    ie: 1,6
    means what?

1 in some cases and 6 in others?
    or is that non-US where instead of a "." it's a "," so it would mean 1.6?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    mjonis said:

Stupid question here, but what does the first column represent?
    ie: 1,6
    means what?

1 in some cases and 6 in others?
    or is that non-US where instead of a "." it's a "," so it would mean 1.6?

It is the decimal 1.6.

Also take note that the AP Gain% displayed in the Character Sheet are wrong. Don't trust that value!

As a DO DC I don't pay as much attention to AP gain as I should, mostly I just use artificers to keep HG topped off and that's enough as long as I'm not getting stunned, etc. So I'm actually kind of interested in seeing real numbers associated with it and understanding the mechanics since I've ignored it since module 5.

So how does AP gain, as a stat, fit into the equation? Would that be another multiplicative stat or is it additive to the % of AP gain from recovery? I would assume you can use around 9% as a general rule since that's close to when DR starts hitting hard and hitting the DR limit is fairly easy with or without artificing.

I know AP Gain as a stat is subject to some very strict diminishing returns (around 1200) and with Artificers you go way over that so stacking more provides very little advantage.

Thanks again, good stuff. And thanks for helping me through my first T9G the other day.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    Thx again

did you check if gift of haste multiply as well?
    eiter way its great feat that proc alot.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Thank you for the feedback on the feats (Michela and Putzboy). When Christmas comes and I some free respecs, I will be redoing all of my loadouts.

Currently my DO build does not lower the cooldown of HG to 15 seconds (cooldown is 30 seconds currently). I usually build enough AP to cast a daily with 8 seconds left on the HG cooldown. So I have some work to do with stats and equipment. I think it would be difficult to get the cooldown to 15 seconds without the benefit of a legendary mount.

Thank you for the awesome information and clarification on how our skills works, Michela!
    @mjonis Yeah, in Italy we use commas to separate decimals and we don't eat pineapple pizzas :p
    @putzboy78 The AP Gain secondary stat is multiplicative aswell. And yes it was a fun run :)
    @plavia Gift of Haste gives 5% AP over 5 seconds, but it's also affected by Recovery etc., so it actually gives much more.
    onodrain said:

Thank you for the feedback on the feats (Michela and Putzboy). When Christmas comes and I some free respecs, I will be redoing all of my loadouts.

Currently my DO build does not lower the cooldown of HG to 15 seconds (cooldown is 30 seconds currently). I usually build enough AP to cast a daily with 8 seconds left on the HG cooldown. So I have some work to do with stats and equipment. I think it would be difficult to get the cooldown to 15 seconds without the benefit of a legendary mount.

Thank you for the awesome information and clarification on how our skills works, Michela!

Haven't checked the math in awhile (since the CD was introduced) but you need around 20k recovery to get your HG cooldown to around 15s. That's a ton of recovery for a DO build which otherwise needs very little.

Personally I attack it from two fronts. Artificers Persuasion and Legendary Griffon mount when used with a low cooldown artifact. It works pretty well except when dealing with stuns (which t9g bosses seem to have an affinity for) and I can perma-HG if I don't have to deal with dodging much and stuns. With the new RP system I will be switching my azure's in offense to black ice and I'm hoping that will help give me more flexibility. I have been to lazy to check the math in the character manager but I think it will work out as I'm storing the rex armor in my bank and am already overstacked on crit (yes that will go down a bit with the bonding changes as well).

BTW, this the stuns/dodges getting in the way of artificers persusasion is not just an issue of not enough recovery. The same affliction happens with high recovery builds. If you can't attack you can't fill your AP. Overstacking recovery will give more flexibility regardless of build but it comes at the sacrifice of stats in other categories.

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Fairly sure the base AP of Prophecy of Doom is 10% not 13.75%

Each rank in Prophecy of Doom increases the amount of AP gained from it, fulfilled or unfulfilled.

r1: 10%
    r2: 11.25%
    r3: 12.5%
    r4: 13.75%

This may or may not be a bug
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Yes, the tooltip mentions that you receive +12.5% from fullfilled prophecy per rank, but you are supposed to receive them only if the target dies. This will change in mod 13 (as you know, but I'll quote it for other people):

With the fixes, the cooldown, and AP gain, should now correctly be applied when a target is killed while affected by Prophecy of Doom. It should only reset its cooldown once when a target is killed this way, and the power now grants AP when first used rather than when the damage triggers.

If I understood the dev's words correctly, PoD will give AP when used and additional AP if the target is killed.

I usually refer to the skills only at max rank, since people don't use them at rank I, but it's worth adding this info as a note.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

Yes, the tooltip mentions that you receive +12.5% from fullfilled prophecy per rank, but you are supposed to receive them only if the target dies. This will change in mod 13 (as you know, but I'll quote it for other people):

With the fixes, the cooldown, and AP gain, should now correctly be applied when a target is killed while affected by Prophecy of Doom. It should only reset its cooldown once when a target is killed this way, and the power now grants AP when first used rather than when the damage triggers.

If I understood the dev's words correctly, PoD will give AP when used and additional AP if the target is killed.

I usually refer to the skills only at max rank, since people don't use them at rank I, but it's worth adding this info as a note.

I actually somehow totally missed the AP gain portion of that bugfix. Thanks for the heads up.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John