test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frostborn Ostorian dig bonus

andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
The bonus that Frostborn items provides seem bugged. In theory, when wearing at least 1 Frostborm item and you dig for Ostorian relics, you have 25% chance to get a second item. That seems to be completely off. I have a Frostborn Assault Wristguard and went hunting for relics. On my first day I dug out abou 20 relics with only 1 being the effect of the glove. I blamed bad luck and went again another day. On 56 relics dug, only 4 of them were due to the gloves. It is worth noting that the first double item came on the 25th relic I got! something feels very wrong here.

Either correct the way the effect works to be on par with the item description or change the description to the real percentage it applies.

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Its just sucky RNG. 25% chance means that. You could dig up a million relics and not get a second item. Luck doesn't stack.

Having said that I do feel your pain as morally you should get a second item 1 in 4 attempts.

I would like to see a system developed for where every failure of RNG would give a higher % chance of sucesss until it reached 100% [in this case on the fourth attempt].

So try 1 = 25%
    try 2 = 50%
    try 3 = 75%
    try 4 = 100%

Especially with relic farming as its such a pain
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    RNG in a game should be built in a way that the end results for a player should even out close to the chances description in the long run. Otherwise, many players will abandon the game due to a bad effort to reward ratio.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

RNG in a game should be built in a way that the end results for a player should even out close to the chances description in the long run. Otherwise, many players will abandon the game due to a bad effort to reward ratio.

There are so many discussions about RNG in so many MMOs these days. It seems to be the norm now. Theres a debate on Preservation Wards going on now and the sucky RNG of that.

I avoid nearly all RNG related activities and spend my time working on getting Astral Diamonds to buy stuff from the auction house.