What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] AC DC Issues

13»

Comments

• panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Oh i see me in photos lol

i tried to hide names ( if you dont want i can remove the name) but i had to use the composition screenshot:P
    I dont care :D

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Are there really DPSers out there with 80k base power?
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I think we all know he means the companion "loop" and not the old loop of one dc buffing the other. Sometimes people use different terminology than the one we use. Tbh its easier to ask for explanations than to pass judgment. Unless none of you ever made a mistake of calling something with a different name.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

It's not base, it's self sustained. Meaning what you can have without external influence. To know how much a buff added you.
    And yes. Even higher for some classes in realistic environment.
    chemjeff said:

Yes very much so, tho its not "base", I prefer the term self buffed (including companion procing).

• erosennin92erosennin92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    oria1 said:

I think we all know he means the companion "loop" and not the old loop of one dc buffing the other. Sometimes people use different terminology than the one we use. Tbh its easier to ask for explanations than to pass judgment. Unless none of you ever made a mistake of calling something with a different name.

We are in Temple class right now, therefore I expected at least a little knowledge about a term which was actually one of the most discussed in the section during the past months.
    I am sorry if I misunderstood the meaning, but it was used in an incorrect manner, I base my answers upon what is written, not upon what I think they could actually mean.
    Finally, I believe @fuglymook will be able to answer by himself what he actually meant ;)

I know it is not useful for the situation discussing about what someone intended by using and incorrect term, I was quite hesitant whether to answer or not, but allow me this consideration:
    Temple section is the right place where to ask questions about unknown mechanics and terms or whose functioning or terminology is not clear. Therefore, I believe no-one of the fellow DCs will get irritated if a player uses a wrong term in his questions or posts.
    However, when someone makes such strong and vehement statements out of the blue, I expect not only his knowledge but also his writing to be precise, otherwise, the whole result loses not only credibility but becomes also source of confusion and more and more discussions. Therefore, I believe the clarifications I and some other players did were necessary :)

Azeroth Godwill - (Half)Drow - Virtuous AC DC - iLvL 4k

• chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

chemjeff said:

It's not base, it's self sustained. Meaning what you can have without external influence. To know how much a buff added you.
    And yes. Even higher for some classes in realistic environment.
    Okay, well that is a relief. My GWF is not BIS but getting up there, and he has only 41k base power. I was struggling to see how I could somehow double his base power.

oria1 said:

We are in Temple class right now, therefore I expected at least a little knowledge about a term which was actually one of the most discussed in the section during the past months.
    I am sorry if I misunderstood the meaning, but it was used in an incorrect manner, I base my answers upon what is written, not upon what I think they could actually mean.
    Finally, I believe @fuglymook will be able to answer by himself what he actually meant ;)

I know it is not useful for the situation discussing about what someone intended by using and incorrect term, I was quite hesitant whether to answer or not, but allow me this consideration:
    Temple section is the right place where to ask questions about unknown mechanics and terms or whose functioning or terminology is not clear. Therefore, I believe no-one of the fellow DCs will get irritated if a player uses a wrong term in his questions or posts.
    However, when someone makes such strong and vehement statements out of the blue, I expect not only his knowledge but also his writing to be precise, otherwise, the whole result loses not only credibility but becomes also source of confusion and more and more discussions. Therefore, I believe the clarifications I and some other players did were necessary :)
    As true as the above expectation may be, you can also name the feedback through the companion a "loop" as a dc can direct share to the dps while it shares to the companion to also share again with the dps, which can be (mis)understood as a loop too by some players. I'm not disagreeing with you, so I don't get misunderstood, but I find it best specially on the internet, that's its hard to detect intentions that it saves time to ask for clarifications if something doesn't seem right. (I know because I did that mistake several times myself)

About the answer from @fuglymook i'm sure he will but that doesn't mean others cant offer their opinion too right? Specially if it helps the matter at hand.

• plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    with the new changes AC power buffs will reduce by half.
    as for today AC can buf much better in some situation.

AC has no limit to amount of players, companions or NPC.
    in tiamat, HE, demo and msva AC can buff up to 5X more.

AC buff power and its not only damage.
    u gain tons of heals
    every feat or bonus that is power based, you and ppl around you buffed as well.
    when i proc Artifact presuasion with my AC i incease my recovery from 10k to 23K
    with my AC i reach 15K.

AC usually come with gift of haste and is big party buff.
    and with today demand of 2 DC in tong, AC Viruous loadout is also nice

if you wana try do 2 runs with friend and see how it works.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    oria1 said:

you can also name the feedback through the companion a "loop" as a dc can direct share to the dps while it shares to the companion to also share again with the dps, which can be (mis)understood as a loop too by some players.

A loop would require it to come back to the origin. So a power share from dc, to dcs companion, back to the original dc would be a loop. A connection to the dps's companion that then gets carried forward to the dps is not a loop.

I don't think anyone cares that the dc is getting power from its companion via the loop since the buffed power doesn't impact the power share.

But yes its just words; whoever, someone else hearing the term loop may believe this is from the loop that was used to one shot tiamat

• fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Imo the problem with @oria1 s and some other ppls suggestion to remove the ACs companion/bonding interaction, and buff AA and BoB to compansate(power or %) lies in how fast AA and its buff dissapear when the target is taking damage, most impactful atm against dots like nosturas rampant curse and the constant life loss from the dps enhancing curse when fighting the Avatar of Orcus in TonG. Only the part of the buff that was passed on via companions gift to the player has enough uptime to really help.

Btw: has someone tested if its even possible to squeeze in both AA and BoB b4 the bondings proc in mod 12b at the start of combat?
  • yoko#8608 yoko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I guess he means that aa at the start of battle to buff companions to get gift during the 8 seconds, then 2nd aa comes, triggers with own gift and assasins covenat, what means base power is buffed by insignia and defensive slots, so 3rd aa is the biggest and shows maximum powersahre possible cause companion gift still renews after applying imideatly the companion attacks.. like this? Or do I get it wrong? Then it´s just the gift what causes trouble... This overwriting is the problem in my opinion, so if 1 gift is applied, the next should be applied after the 1st expired.. ??? Removing this would mean the 3rd aa´s buff comes after 40 seconds due to bondings timeout, so even sudden rings can procc twice and become more viable again before anybody would recieve max powerbuff. And it would mean a shitload of work for the acdc to keep that aa up to get the timing to buff all the companions AND the party.. good luck And it would affect OP´s powershare directly, so its a nerf for both classes anyway.

Btw, I apply both, BoB first and then throw AA, and it´s nice to see... you have to be fast enough to do do...
    Post edited by yoko#8608 on
  • yoko#8608 yoko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    and pls not ignore me again like you all did already in this thread, I threw a question in a few days ago and no answer was given,yey, horray...makes me feel like you dont give a hamster on the com, only on yourself. Superb community, me is 13k acdc, on ps4, so perhaps my experiences are worth a bit, but nevermind, complain about do and ac on and on.... have anyone thought about the duration of a battle in a dungeon? so lets bring in the time how fast a mob is killed and how fast you can throw your dayli....... wonder how you can compare situatinal decisions on any class in math....even my math teacher is not able to..... you always talk about the perfect way of encounters etc, but you will never have this perfect situation except on dummies.
    Post edited by yoko#8608 on
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    LOL, the AC DC is now officially dead. For those of you who applauded and welcomed the bonding stones nerf go to preview and check it out. YOU NOW ONLY GET COMPANIONS GIFT FROM ONE BONDING STONE AND ONE BONDING STONE ONLY AND THE POWER HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 750 ON RANK 12 BONDING STONES (all caps on purpose) these changes match the NEW bonding stones tooltip. Thank you @oria1 for your due diligence as always, shame most wont believe it since most here have pretty much called you a liar....
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    fuglymook said:

LOL, the AC DC is now officially dead. For those of you who applauded and welcomed the bonding stones nerf go to preview and check it out. YOU NOW ONLY GET COMPANIONS GIFT FROM ONE BONDING STONE AND ONE BONDING STONE ONLY AND THE POWER HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 750 ON RANK 12 BONDING STONES (all caps on purpose) these changes match the NEW bonding stones tooltip. Thank you @oria1 for your due diligence as always, shame most wont believe it since most here have pretty much called you a liar....

Let's hope that's unintentional, since it doesn't match what the devs said they were doing to adjust the bondings.

At the very least it makes augments strictly superior to bondings in all cases, and the dev responsible specifically said that he was trying to avoid that.

So again, I think we have good reason to think that this is not intended, but as Becky pointed out elsewhere it likely means that we've lost a week of testing as they fix this nonsense.

Unbelievable, how does this stuff make it through QA?
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    fuglymook said:

That's very alarming.
    I need to hurry with my DO preparations, I don't wish to get "unemployed" after 12b goes live :/
    edited September 2017
    dupeks said:

fuglymook said:

Let's hope that's unintentional, since it doesn't match what the devs said they were doing to adjust the bondings.

At the very least it makes augments strictly superior to bondings in all cases, and the dev responsible specifically said that he was trying to avoid that.

So again, I think we have good reason to think that this is not intended, but as Becky pointed out elsewhere it likely means that we've lost a week of testing as they fix this nonsense.

Unbelievable, how does this stuff make it through QA?
    I would think the same too if it wasn't the change in the tooltip. TBH it brings a lot more problems than the obvious, armor pen to most not capped to begin with. If its a mistake or a "possible scenario" release by accident... I don't know, lost words...

I noticed, most other changes are there from patch notes (the ones I could see at least)

And speaking from experience we both can remember a LOT of changes that happened at Friday afternoons without being in patch notes only to read after "we forgot them by accident" in a more formal way.

Update: It looks like they are procing as normal @Rank13 so better lets wait for an update from devs.

• superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I´ll assume the thing on preview now (didn´t check myself) is just a bug...even though it´s disheartening to see them shooting themselves in the foot with such a bug at such at time:P
    This isn´t exactly on topic but the topic is a wee bit confused anyways and I dunno wether a new thread is needed so...erm...why is it that there aren´t more ACDC´s being concerned about the nerf because it doesn´t only mess with their stat distribution like everyone else but makes the whole paragon path obsolete? You could be the 2nd dc in a party that already has a DO but other than that...
    I can get a 2nd DO load-out in 10 minutes but having DO load-out as a situational fall-back option is something different than having an actually viable DO build which would require me to do costly adjustments. On top of that I LIKE playing an AC...being the stressed out toon gliding all over the place in a futile attempt to keep the buffage going...DO´s are just so...*snore sound*...so why aren´t all ACDC´s asking the dev´s what they have planned to keep the AC a viable choice? Or wether maybe they think it is a good thing the AC path dies with the changes because the current trend of 2 dc´s per party will (at least partly) die with it?
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Dev said today it is a bug that only impacted R12 bonding on Test. It will be corrected in the next test patch.
  • blindnirvanablindnirvana Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    d
    Post edited by blindnirvana on
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    yah, oh well, maybe we AC dc´s shouldn´t whine (even if righteously so..) because the nerf-bat will hit us hardest of all when the bondings change comes...and not ask the devs for recompensation when they still got our 2 most powerful and um...accidentally broken encounters as hostage.
    One must consider their code is quite funny so we - even if they wanted to recompense us for the nerf - might end up with an aa that creates rainbows with unicorns hopping over them...and who´d want THAT? *shudders and shuts up* :p