test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About new broken TR

mauriziobmauriziob Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Sincerely i can not understand.

Which DEV thinks it is fun to play against a class who can immobilize 2 or more players at a time? With a broken skill that works even if you are immune to control? Did you play against courage breaker? I ask you to try.

Which DEV thinks is better to replace a skill like Execution with Shadow of Demise, which does the same broken piercing damage but against which it is not possible to defend itself.

Really, all this is more than ridiculous, it is pathetic.

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    That´s NWO PVP
    And that´s why I said about 1000 times: GET RID of that gearmadness and balance PVP afterwards.
    A "1-dev-army" can´t predict what happens if he just turns 5 out of 1000 screws...btw I can, like allways some classes are even more screwed than before.
    At least I now know what happend to my warlock mid of mod 11b, when I met that new TR meta and just felt " lul " :)

Hey, and I predicted TR will be even more broken after that rework, anyone wants me to tell him his fortune?
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    What class do you play?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2017

What class do you play?

Exactly that´s the question you have to answer yourself in advance before even thinking about entering NWO-PVP.
    "What class should I play ...TR or GF...hm"
    Never-Balance-online
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    PvP was "quite balanced" until they broke the TR recently with SoD...its not fun to play anymore.
    But wasnt NW always filled with bugs and broken stuff in PvP? I seriously cannot remember the last time there was no broken skills/feats/enchants, besides the past few months.

Just take a break from PvP until they fix it,thats what Im doing.
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yea, fought a good TR yesterday, not a chance. Procs sod, drops smoke, stays away with ranged, wait 6 seconds for me to die.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

The programmer who was handling PVP main class is a TR. Nothing further needs to be said.

he must have a GF alt then...come on
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

The programmer who was handling PVP main class is a TR. Nothing further needs to be said.

he must have a GF alt then...come on
    And the programmer who IS handling PvE, went once in PvP was smashed from an Tr and nerfed the class for PvE into the ground, and irritatingly he was bad in grammar so he smashed the SW too........

*Yay free tinfoilhats for everyone*

• krutiouskrutious Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well it's about time gf,and hr had some competition,what a bunch of crybabies,fix this, nerf that,NO!! maybe make other classes stronger how about that,add power please, don't take anything else away.
  • tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    seems like u guys dont know about the upcomming cc changes, search them up ;)
    also if u want to survive SoD dmg with BB run by the side of another party member so that BB dmg is divided by both
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Courage breaker spam is not new, it's been going on since they nerfed ambush rings when SOMI came out. Interestingly everyone cried for the new cc change and they create an entire system that ironically excludes the TR, the worst offender in perma cc and the one class that everyone complains about the most.

Makes you wonder what is really going on there at cryptic, and if they even care about feedback at all.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I main a PVP TR and I agree, the tweak the devs made to shadow of demise is a complete disaster.

The whole point of nerfing piercing damage was to make it so it wouldn't be overpowered in PVP. The devs' nerf worked on shocking execution but they immediately undid it with the recent tweak to SOD. SOD is now even more powerful than shocking execution was pre nerf, it hits almost just as hard and unlike SE, SOD cannot be easily dodged.

Instead of the fix the majority of TR players on feedback threads asked for, the devs tried to fix our lack of dps by changing shadow of demise piercing damage from post-mitigation to pre mitigation damage.
    Basically, they did the same thing to SOD that they did to the combat HR's piercing damage a while back and I'm sure you all remember how bad that was.

The effects of this don't just harm PVP as a whole, the SOD change is a disaster for the TR class as well.

For one thing, it does absolutely nothing to improve TR dps in PVE. Most SOD damage isn't even getting mitigated in PVE anyway since PVE players stack armor pen to 85% and monsters do not have very many lairs of defense compared to PVP players. So the damage from SOD in PVE has not improved much if at all.

To make matters worse, the SOD tweak effectively bars the devs from being able to increase TR damage in PVE without making the TR even more overpowered in PVP. If they buffed our overall damage output to help in PVE and left SOD as it is now, we would now have both overpowered piercing damage AND much stronger damage from our regular powers in PVP. The only way for the devs to make the TR class balancible again is to completly do away with the recent changes to SOD.

Thirdly, this change sets the TR class up for yet another nerfbat. People's complaints have kicked into overdrive which will lead to the devs eventually nerfing the TR again. When they do, they will be more reluctant if not outright unwilling to give the TR class the buffs it actually needs to its regular sources of damage such as feats, at wills, and encounter powers. They already are very hesitant to change this class because they know that they don't understand its mechanics that well and messing up on it is a PR nightmare.

TRs have been asking for months upon months for the devs to buff our sources of regular damage, specifically ones that effect our at wills and encounter powers. We don't do enough damage in PVE compared to other classes and in PVP, we are reliant on broken sources of piercing damage and CC builds because our at wills and encounter powers do not dish out enough damage to rely on. If our regular damage was buffed, it would make it so PVE TRs would be able to catch up to other DPS classes in PVE. In PVP, buffing our regular damage would make it so we could once again rely on our at wills and encounter powers for damage, catch up to other classes, and make it so the devs could then tone down our piercing damage without hurting the TR class.

The TRs from the TR rework thread also proposed a tweak to SOD but our suggestion to SOD was aimed at making it so it would have time to proc in shorter fights in PVE. SOD does not need a damage improvement in PVP so the change to SOD we proposed was aimed at improving SOD's performance in PVE without messing it up in PVP. This was our exact proposal:

"One problem with this capstone feat is that it doesn't have a chance to proc in highly geared parties, because most things die in less than 6 seconds. This makes the executioner path not scale well into Endgame content in PVE.

One idea is to make SOD work in 1 sec ticks after the initial proc, and extend SOD an extra second. This way, it applies the extra 50% damage accumulated each second at the end of each second for the duration of SOD. So, for the 7 seconds SOD lasts, it will be 7 ticks. Another option is 3 ticks total, 2 seconds each.

A more simple option would be to grant a flat +50% damage for 6 seconds from when SOD is proced. This is essentially what it does now, only on a 6 second delay and with piercing damage. This would be an easier option if the other two are too difficult to implement."

As for TRs having too much CC, our daily power courage breaker is the primary culprit. Without CB, TR ccs would be much more reasonable. I have tried coming up with fixes for CB myself and read other people's ideas for fixes but nowadays I think CB should be changed completely since it's current mechanics are proving to be too much of a headache to balance. Everytime a nerf for it is proposed, it either doesn't nerf CB enough or it nerfs CB so much that people would just stop using CB altogether. We don't need more dead and useless powers so the best way to fix CB is likely a complete rewrite of its mechanics, possibly something that doesn't even involve cc effects.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    grrouper said:

I thought the damage from shadow SoD is a bug maybe it need be reported . Then we have CB and of all annoying CC powers CB has to be top yet it we not be effected by the CC nerf in 12b

Sadly its not a bug, they changed SOD from post mitigation damage to pre mitigation damage. That's why its so overpowered now.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited September 2017
    krutious said:

Well it's about time gf,and hr had some competition,what a bunch of crybabies,fix this, nerf that,NO!! maybe make other classes stronger how about that,add power please, don't take anything else away.

I agree that buffing other classes to compete with a strong class is preferable to nerfing the strong class in most situations. But this is a situation where TR actually does need to be nerfed. The devs need to completly undo the recent changes to SOD. The changes to SOD don't just make TR too strong for other classes in PVP, it also badly hurts the TR class in PVE by making balancing the TR in both gamemodes next to impossible and discourages the devs from helping the TR class in the future, as I explained in my first post.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I'm going to be happy when all the people who qq over pvp stop playing... bring on 12b!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @sgrantdev Cryptic Developer said (courage breaker will be NERFED) : D

Hey all,

Just wanted to make a quick post with a couple of updates
    Courage breaker's duration has been lowered for PvP targets. The intent of courage breaker was not to allow a rogue to lock down someone movement wise. This is an initial change to see if it helps to balance out the concerns without significantly altering the utility of the power. If we still feel there is an issue we will make some other tweaks based on the feedback given

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234304/official-feedback-thread-pvp-changes/p4

:D complain enough and they hear lol thanks devs

maybe the powers name should be changed to coward breaker now lol ...for people with learn to play issues that were using it a a crutch
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

So, you want SE to not do damage, SoD to not do damage and CB to not control.

Can you quote where somebody said this? Thx

So, you want SE to not do damage, SoD to not do damage and CB to not control. What do you expect TR to do? Run around in stealth, tickling you? That is not a class anybody would want to play.

Yeah this game is getting so damn lame,all you have to do is HAMSTER and moan and then things get nerfed ,how about this give TR the same weapon damage as GF's and GWF's then and some of their DR paths DPS my HAMSTER I mean am I the only one seeing this rubbish, TR is supposed to be DPS,but GF and GWF are equal at least in DPS and have fookin mad defensive capabilities,may as well just shitcan TR class and come up with something else.

krutious said:

I agree that buffing other classes to compete with a strong class is preferable to nerfing the strong class in most situations. But this is a situation where TR actually does need to be nerfed. The devs need to completly undo the recent changes to SOD. The changes to SOD don't just make TR too strong for other classes in PVP, it also badly hurts the TR class in PVE by making balancing the TR in both gamemodes next to impossible and discourages the devs from helping the TR class in the future, as I explained in my first post.
    Who cares what it discourages,that is their job,and if the class sucks nobody will play it,btw even when you have been CB'd you can still fight use at-wills/encounters/artifacts,everything I think people just panic and are overreacting also your not wrong just ranting a bit