test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New PvP gear and why ?

grroupergrrouper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 578 Arc User
After we had all the issues with stealth rings and coward rings and then stamina and AP drains. Why do the devs go and make PvP gear that now gives the players a damage bonus against players when they dodge or block ? Just seems so silly as we need them skills in game and should not be punished for using a dodge or block. What we need is a simple PvP system not all these crazy bonuses that players can find ways to exploit.

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    a gf will oneshot you now like never before. just hope you dont get a trapper hr in your party.
    as a combat hr btw im prolly going to wear huntman/primal gear when it will be possible.
    those bonus seem built around gfs/gwfs playstyles
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    That new armour will create balance issues with and to all classes, if you look at them, some pieces benefit some classes more than others so in the end it's like a buff/nerf to everyone, I can see that + rank 14 enchantments further widening the gap between low/mid tier players and the top ones.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    any links?
    is it new equip or update of the old PVP armor?
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    All of these changes make me wanna puke.
    I came back to this game some time ago after a long break hoping that priv queue would make PvP scene better - and it did for awhile, its dead again though.

Now all of this, stupid gear bonus, stupid r14 enchants and being forced to spend 50mil AD if you wanna be BiS, without ANY chance to make any proper AD in dungeons..

Time to leave again lol
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Piece bonuses does seem a bit too strong. It would be better if they focused on fixing the issues at hand instead of introducing new ones.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

That new armour will create balance issues with and to all classes, if you look at them, some pieces benefit some classes more than others so in the end it's like a buff/nerf to everyone, I can see that + rank 14 enchantments further widening the gap between low/mid tier players and the top ones.

i greatly disagree, i cant see a bonus in favour of HR/DC/SW
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    So to understand that new great pvp .

IF i stand in a smoke bomb for 10 seconds instead get disadvantage i buff my self 100% damage.
    IF i stand in a icy terrain the same ?
    if i eat an opressive force? ;P
    great great go on.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    @mamalion1234
    You also get several seconds of CC immunity in those cases, assuming the new and glorious cc resist bonus is not gained at one stack per encounter/at will.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!