test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 - Legendary Mount for GF

millhouse2000#8180 millhouse2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2017 in The Guard Barracks
What is a good legendary mounts for GF's
I just got a manticore, half the GF's i know say use it the others say trade it for lion?

Comments

• erageramboeragerambo Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Lion is awesome in PvP. It's not bad in PvE either, but there are better options.

The Emperor Beetle is great for the +4k Defense
    The Armored Bullett is great for the +4k Deflect

I also like the Armored Axebeak for the +4k Armor Pen, which allows me to focus on more defensive stats while maintaining my cap on armor pen.

Are you looking at it for the equip bonus or the Combat Power?
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    I would definitely say that Lion has best Combat Power for GF.

That shield is nice to have at the start of combat. (especially when the rest of the group is getting into position for bosses, etc)
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Lion or T-Rex.

Lion is better defensively, 100% HP shield for team + very small damage boost if the shield isn't used

T-Rex has that awesome 10% debuff which is the best team damage boosting ability on a mount to date.

Both the equip bonuses are kinda meh, but the utility from either active bonus more than makes up for it in my opinion.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    BiS Legendary mount requires you obtaining two mounts. One for Equipped Power and one for Combat power.

Depending upon your build and what stats you need to increase with the equipped power.

For instance, Tenser Disc has nice Combat Power for DPS builds and the equipped is great for tanks needing higher recovery.

The Lion combat power is great for Tanks.

If you are a tank that plays both DPS and Tank you will have the Lion, Tensers Disc, and 1 other Legendary mount for the equipped power.

If you only tank than I would say Lion and Tenser Disc, Beetle or Bullette.

If you are a DPS I would go Tenser and anything that will compliment the rest of your build. T-Rex, Arcane Whirl Wind, Black Ice Warhorse, etc...

Best of luck with Legendary mounts. They elude me and I realize I will not be BiS because I do not have deep pockets in game or in real life. In fact, they are quite linty these days. LOL...
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    Just one additional comment from me...

I'd recommend Imperial Rage Drake for DPS stats. 4k Crit is a nice addition to a DPS GF or just boosting DPS in general. Especially since we gain no Crit % from attributes.

Since we don't Power Share... 4k Power is less effective (than for OP's or DC's)... especially when you consider that you are going to get an extra 70-100k or more from Power sharing OP's and DC's.

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Like @mebengalsfan#9264 said 1 mount is not eanugh for end game GF (and honestly not for any other class).

But, there is one thing you need to take into consideration while choosing legendary mount. It should be your last purchase, a poilishing choice for your toon, not a gap filler. If, for example you need mode defence or arpen, but you still not having end game anchantments or not having all possible boons from campaigns or SH (not in lvl 20 guild with maxed out boons) then it is still ways to get missing stats without buying legendary mount, or at least keep that in mind that you gona get those stats in near future. Its still easier/cheaper to exchange even a few enchantments in your slots than to exchange a legendary mount.

So, exactly like described above, there are 2 mounts that taken together will work perfectly on GF. Thast a lion and the tenser disc. While you play as tank shield form a lion will be great add on for a party and yourself. No1 will cry for having some shild while dpsing, not to mention tight situations when it can be a life saver, witch if not spent will converse for radiant bonus dmg. Works great in both PVE and PVP. Tenser disc gives +4000 recovery witch is crucial for speed casting of ITF and CS what again boost party dmg output.

Tyranosaur ability is also worth considering but I would say its last of resonable optiona for a GF.
    Its not better then lions shield, and while you can use token of chromatic storm for acid meteor debuff its even worse. Not to mention that its nowhere near to dics buff in dps build.
    So soild choices are as follows:

1 - Lion
    2 - Tenser disc
    3 - Tyranosaur

If you want to play as dps GF then tenser is obvious choice like for any dps class.

Mounts giving defence or deflect are not that good if you are end game GF - cos DR is capped and you should be on that cap already for pve. So in short - try to pick a mount witch gona add you some stats hard to get from other sources and some unique ability wtch makes your GF shine
  • ivorsk#3627 ivorsk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Personally I want the Runeclad Manticore for group runs, because that's a total of 5K Power and Defense for the team. The defense wouldn't go to waste, everyone I run with has the Assassins Covenant mount bonus on, so that will add a bit more to their power.

Now when soloing I like to use Crit for my conqueror load out.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    " because that's a total of 5K Power and Defense for the team"
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Runeclad_Manticore

It is 500 power for each party member ,not 5k....
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I went for the rage drake on my dps GF build. I would like to know, how some others use just brutal enchants, while I use the 4k crit mount, R14 bondings, all boons available and R13 enchants and still have to use some azure enchants, to cap crit (I know about the+ crit from the feat).
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    asterotg said:

I went for the rage drake on my dps GF build. I would like to know, how some others use just brutal enchants, while I use the 4k crit mount, R14 bondings, all boons available and R13 enchants and still have to use some azure enchants, to cap crit (I know about the+ crit from the feat).

I use an accuracy potion and the 2k crit from the Rage Drake and get to 90% with bondings proc'd, Reckless Attacker will get the last 10%. I have all brutals rank 13 in my offense slots but both my rings are double offense and my companion gear has all offense slots. I think I have 2 demonics on the companion and the rest brutals. Check your numbers in your boss setup, meaning Soulsight Crystal as active and shield warriors wrath instead of steel grace.

I haven't even checked yet since I equipped the new primal weapons and upgraded my bondings from 13 to 14, I probably have more crit than I need now. Also I only have 1 legendary companion, the rest are epic. Basically what I'm saying is I'm not BiS so you can do it with all brutals, I don't have a single azure slotted.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

Like @mebengalsfan#9264 said 1 mount is not eanugh for end game GF (and honestly not for any other class).

But, there is one thing you need to take into consideration while choosing legendary mount. It should be your last purchase, a poilishing choice for your toon, not a gap filler. If, for example you need mode defence or arpen, but you still not having end game anchantments or not having all possible boons from campaigns or SH (not in lvl 20 guild with maxed out boons) then it is still ways to get missing stats without buying legendary mount, or at least keep that in mind that you gona get those stats in near future. Its still easier/cheaper to exchange even a few enchantments in your slots than to exchange a legendary mount.

So, exactly like described above, there are 2 mounts that taken together will work perfectly on GF. Thast a lion and the tenser disc. While you play as tank shield form a lion will be great add on for a party and yourself. No1 will cry for having some shild while dpsing, not to mention tight situations when it can be a life saver, witch if not spent will converse for radiant bonus dmg. Works great in both PVE and PVP. Tenser disc gives +4000 recovery witch is crucial for speed casting of ITF and CS what again boost party dmg output.

Tyranosaur ability is also worth considering but I would say its last of resonable optiona for a GF.
    Its not better then lions shield, and while you can use token of chromatic storm for acid meteor debuff its even worse. Not to mention that its nowhere near to dics buff in dps build.
    So soild choices are as follows:

1 - Lion
    2 - Tenser disc
    3 - Tyranosaur

If you want to play as dps GF then tenser is obvious choice like for any dps class.

Mounts giving defence or deflect are not that good if you are end game GF - cos DR is capped and you should be on that cap already for pve. So in short - try to pick a mount witch gona add you some stats hard to get from other sources and some unique ability wtch makes your GF shine

Tenser is so overrated in this game. It provides 10% of your base power. A GWF is the only class I know that can have a really high Power, above that of a DC or OP that go all radiants in offensive for the powers sharing.

My DC has 43k base power and using the Tenser would grant me 10% of that which is 4300 and having Calvary Warning is another 10% so 8.6K power. My DC get around 100K with my bonding, there is no need for me to get another 8K in power. My CW base is around 28K that is not worth getting the tenser.

IMO, all players should get a lion for the combat power, it is BiS for all characters. The second best one is the T-Rex for its debuff and eating up minions. Both of those benefit the group.

Selfish DPS can get the disc, I am not a self focused ego maniac player that cares only about my damage. Therefore I would get the lion.

The only classes that should pick another mount as their firsts mount should be DC and OP for additional power sharing or for AP regain from the snail. Of couse, this is my opinion on what legendary mount should be picked as your first legendary mount.