test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 12b Preview Patch Notes: NW.90.20170828a.3

124»

Comments

• eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    If seeker's vengeance is fixed I am gonna have a field day lol.. at least there is some good news with this mod.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    What I dislike the most is not the change to bonding or other runestones. It is the additional ranks being added to runestones and enchantments. This change alone show me that the game is focused more on gaining additional $$$$ from us as player on improving our characters. It shows me that players who invested enough in bonding and enchantments will have to back to it and either spend plenty of time getting the AD to upgrade the items or pay to ensure success. This update screams spend more to get better all over it.

Also after reviewing Augment stats with the update vs. bonding, bonding is stills superior if your companion can activate it prior to the enemy being killed. To put simple use Augment companions with R14 Runestone for adds and Striker/Defender/Leader companion with bonding on bosses.

I know I am not the only that dislike the idea of needing to invest more for these items and it is sad that they are making this change.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

I think 12b is a swan song. The servers may be much smoother with so few players, less lag and rubberbanding. Other than that, I do not see any upside to the coming changes. Hopefully somebody pulls the plug on the bonding changes.

I think you need to realize a few things:
    * Most players in this game only last 5-6 months or so.
    * Most of Cryptics income probably come from those short-stayed people(since there is a lot more of them than long-time veterans)
    * The people on the forums are mostly the hardcore long-time players. So their point of view is not necessarily representative for the majority of the players.

The RP change and the random queue change will make it easier for the new players that are rapidly rotating through the game. So while the changes are hated by the old BiS veterans, they might actually increase game happiness with the large masses of fairly new people. That should translate into more income for Cryptic, which always is a good thing.

A few veterans leaving has little import, BiS veterans have spent the money they want to spend already :)
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The RP change and the random queue change will make it easier for the new players that are rapidly rotating through the game. So while the changes are hated by the old BiS veterans, they might actually increase game happiness with the large masses of fairly new people. That should translate into more income for Cryptic, which always is a good thing.

I don't see people who play 5-6 months getting around to R12-14 bondings, or R14 anything else. So I don't completely buy your argument. It may help them level up through ranks 9-10 faster, but by the time they hit the paywalls that are R11=R14, they will be gone..,,
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

I think 12b is a swan song. The servers may be much smoother with so few players, less lag and rubberbanding. Other than that, I do not see any upside to the coming changes. Hopefully somebody pulls the plug on the bonding changes.

* Most of Cryptics income probably come from those short-stayed people(since there is a lot more of them than long-time veterans)
    * The people on the forums are mostly the hardcore long-time players. So their point of view is not necessarily representative for the majority of the players.

A few veterans leaving has little import, BiS veterans have spent the money they want to spend already :)

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Unless they throw out some info about a new class really fast (as a sort of diversion) Mod12b will be murder on the console part of Neverwinter...

Buuut I'm kinda getting to that state where you just stop caring what happens to the game, since very little of the players suggestions seems to be heard or even noticed, and even less of those acted of upon...

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Buuut I'm kinda getting to that state where you just stop caring what happens to the game, since very little of the players suggestions seems to be heard or even noticed, and even less of those acted of upon...

That's it right there. Ran Tiamat the other day. Black Dragon head glitched...how long have these bugs been around? Unfixed because they don't affect the bottom line. One Drufi glitch fixed and replaced with another one. But hey, now people can work at progressi...ummm..i mean recuperating their lost stats. No thank you.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @defiantone99 said:
    > Nope. Mythic Mounts, homie.

Mythic Insignias too!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    So i have heard on the test server that infantile compensation has been Nerfed have a huge effect ON the SW which is already struggling to compete as a viable option as a class and what could potential make it an unusable class in the Game as the owl bear cub effect on pillar of power make the HB Fury and Templock decent options just no were near BIS at end game for dps. Is there going to be an balancing coming to the SW to keep it alive or is this the death rattle for this class?
  • fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Veterans don't spent money on keys, they have farming alts to generate the ad. These players who spent real money on keys, are people who either have the money, hence they have no time cause they work hard and so spend money on keys and gamble a little or buy outright from the ah or are new players who want to spend a little money to buy some keys and try their luck. A veteran player who still has to fork out money after three years of playing cause of not knowing how to generate ad... well, that's very sad.

So, like it has been said before cryptic focuses on the new players and the ones that rotate in and out and leave money, not the ones who been playing for years and want harder and harder content and then end up running a dungeon with two dc and then wine because it's not hard enough. Those customers / players are important but just not as important who fork out most of the money.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

that makes no sense. no one who is only here for five months will have r12 bondings this nerf ONLY affects the long timers. so how are they making more money by getting rid of the long timers?
  • maxthakillamaxthakilla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    What people need to understand is... nurfing bondings is not that terrible on its own.

The problem reside in adding more RANKS to it. Very expensive ranks just to get WEAKER than it is now.

The timing couldn't be more off !

If only you added the additionnal ranks in 6months to a year from now... but now it is way too obvious and unacceptable.

I do not know who is responsible for this decision but as a marketing director, i can tell, it is a very bad mistake.

Give up that terrible idea please, do not force me to quit the game that i love.

Sincerely,
    A customer that care
    Post edited by maxthakilla on
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    no updates yet?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

no updates yet?

It's wayyyy too early in their workday. Look for a new build in not less than 6 hours.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Unless they throw out some info about a new class really fast (as a sort of diversion) Mod12b will be murder on the console part of Neverwinter...

Uhm...new class in Mod 13 is considered "highly probable", as they said a new class had originally been planned for Mod 12, but had to be delayed. (We also know that mod 13 will bring a new dungeon of same diffuculty as T9G, but that's all that has been confirmed)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Very excited about the Patron System. Saw that it was on Test and I had to try it.

From campaign window, you can create a token to give to your alt.

The alt then uses the token on the campaign window to get up to 50% off most campaign upgrades. Sounds great!!!!

Then I saw how much the tokens cost to create each one. I realize this is a work in progress. But the cost is really absurd. Especially when I looked at the SKT cost. It would take me a month to grind out the 100 Secrets of Ostoria if I just did dailies. If I just did the weeklies (SKT + SOMI) it would take me 5 weeks, as you only get 20 for completing all 4 weeklies each week. And this is the cost for just one alt. Did you intend for it to cost a month of grinding for each alt you want to enable this for? Oh...and 30,000 voninblood. So another 3-4 hours of looking for relics. And 50,000 AD. And more campaign currency. By the time I grind out the cost of creating the token, plus the time it takes my alt to do the campaign at increased speed, I do not save much time at all, maybe 20%. But that costs me 50,000 AD to save that time. And I have to do this for each alt and each campaign I want to do.

I don't understand why there is even a campaign cost associated with it. I already spent 3 months grinding SKT + SOMI to complete the campaign for my main. Just have it cost some AD. 50k seems high, especially if you have multiple campaigns and many alts. 10k would be more in line. But FTLOG do not make it cost campaign currency. That kills the system for me.

And for the easier campaigns, I give those currencies to my growing guild's coffer. I cannot afford to spend them on my alt's campaign redux.
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

no updates yet?

It's wayyyy too early in their workday. Look for a new build in not less than 6 hours.
    thank you
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    onodrain said:

Very excited about the Patron System. Saw that it was on Test and I had to try it.

From campaign window, you can create a token to give to your alt.

The alt then uses the token on the campaign window to get up to 50% off most campaign upgrades. Sounds great!!!!

Then I saw how much the tokens cost to create each one. I realize this is a work in progress. But the cost is really absurd. Especially when I looked at the SKT cost. It would take me a month to grind out the 100 Lost Ostorian Relics if I just did dailies. If I just did the weeklies (SKT + SOMI) it would take me 4 weeks, as you only get 20 for completing all 4 weeklies each week. And this is the cost for just one alt. Did you intend for it to cost a month of grinding for each alt you want to enable this for? I don't understand why there is even a campaign cost associated with it. I already spent 3 months grinding SKT + SOMI to complete the campaign for my main. Just have it cost some AD. 50k seems a but high, especially if you have multiple campaigns and many alts. 10k would be more in line. But FTLOG do not make it cost campaign currency. That kills the system for me.

I'm hoping for an official feedback thread to relate similar thoughts. The patronage prices on the campaigns that are no problemo to just burn through are fairly reasonable, but I see no real net benefit in attempting to buy a token for horrible SKT/SoMI. Seems like I'd spend as much time trying to earn the token as it would take to just play the alt normally, and since there's no useful repeatable rewards from quests there to make continuing to play a main desirable and require a currency sink, what's the point? The more alts, the grimmer it looks.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I do not know if this has been brought up. I expect it has. Any reason VIP is not on the test server?

I would recommend the puppy dog close. That is where you give the puppy to a family. They fall in love. And they keep the puppy.

Give VIP to everyone on the test server. Let them see how awesome it is. You might get more sales from VIP.
This discussion has been closed.