What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Can someone clarify something for me, as I'm confused.
    To be able to queue for any random epic dungeon do I need to have unlocked all of them? Or do I just queue randomly for the ones I've unlocked and am eligible for?

(ETA:)
    Scratch that... just read the bit that confirms that none of my L70 characters will be able to gain RAD from epic dungeons if this change is implemented.

To say that I'm worried about this is the understatement of the week.
  • Options
    usernamefatigueusernamefatigue Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Now, I obviously would never select a random queue, hoping to get into CN, but it would actually work for ToNG - get a good 5-man party together and "random queue" for any of the highest tier dungons - and as ToNG is the only one, we would be guaranteed to end up there, and get a small "Random queue" bonus.

Until someone dcs and they get replaced by someone else, because you can only public q.

nope, nope, nope. Not even once.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

Skirmish 2250 → 3000

So I dare you to explain how that helps new and midrange players at all and stops the widening gap between player levels? Only the top 10% of players will see an increase in possible RAD.

I dare you to explain how that doesn't hurt the low and midrange players too?

I dont think, that any player with BIS or near BIS gear will bother, to farm RAD this way. It is a starting point, to build your character up, but it is not the way to earn significant amounts of AD.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    lordsilveroaklordsilveroak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    We see many Disconnects while running content.(now we get punished......bad)
    Alts, what I was currently spending cash on..........(now can no longer get bonus ads till all content is complete............Bad)
    Random groups and no way to teach them.................(bad)
    Where is the upside?

Help us see what your even thinking and how it relates to reality as we run every day?

SilverOak
    Alts(what used to be your income stream)
    DC
    TR
    Paly
  • Options
    fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Lol lol and lol again. So we r getting forced to run a random dungeon now to get ad. You guys get better and better. Don't you have meetings where you discuss this? Always seems to me like you throw out an idea and the players will then discuss about how feasible this idea is.

Not that I mind a random dungeon but the reason why public queues don't pop is because barely no one of the elite wants to run with pugs who have no idea what to do or barely get the item level that's required. The problem is way more fundamental and if you devs have not figured it out yet then you need to take more time to read through the forums. Msp or fbi at 11 il, I can tell u no one will be able to do that with a random group, plus the amount of time it would take versus the rewards... oh boy. Get a brain.

Instead of queuing for a small bonus randomly, I would rather run etos two more times and get my ad from salvage.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It would be nice to get a comment from the devs this week...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    armadeonx said:

It would be nice to get a comment from the devs this week...

Well, they had yesterday off, and because of the time zone difference they might not even be at work yet today. Give them a few hours.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    Ok, I have also done the math and fine this whole thing good and bad.

1) Adding random dungeons with an AD incentive is great and different, but should not be forced on anybody. If you are going to enforce this then give me a paycheck. I have high end characters because I was here during beta so can run anything, but will not run MSVP because it is ridiculous to waste my time on the stupid drops there. So I will have to say the random (the way it is now) is out of the question for me and many others. Sad could have been a great idea but as usual poorly planed as all changes in this game.

2) Removing the AD from lower dungeons does not really hurt me but since I have an alliance to worry about it does on a mental side. Some of us worked hared to build guilds and alliances so we had players to run with and now you have pulled out the very fabric we have worked for. All people eventually leave the game and new ones come in but the new ones have no way to obtain AD until they can do dungeons at the 70 level with better armor, plus the players that have very little time lose out for the very same reason. How do they get to the same level as the high end players? They don't so they leave and the cycle begins No new players stay and the older players leave for different and more exciting things, sadly the game dies.

3) I do not think that one person (classes) is better than another, so it is unfair for anybody to obtain more AD than another on a dungeon run just because they are needed more at that time. This also goes for PVP verses PVE. If PVP is unhappy then by all means change things but if a PVE player is unhappy to bad. (This is the feelings of a lot of the players in this game) Now with this statement let me say that I played both for years and stopped PVP because of the attitude in the matches and the game not being able to make it fair for all players. I do understand both sides but giving PVP a higher AD rate is also wrong.

Because of the three things listed above the game will die, so make some changes that will matter and help all.

1) Do the random queue but do not remove the AD from the dungeon runs. If botting is an issue then turn on the botting program you stated you had in earlier post and be more proactive. Fix the spamming button for reporting the issue (been broken for over 6 months now).

2) Start listening to the players sometimes because we are your CUSTOMER! Play the game so you understand more about what we are going through. If you are playing the game then play with some that are not the elite few and listen to the players. Oh, and for gods sake fix the drops in MSVP it is very embarrassing to think we are only worth a rank 5 when we reach the end.

3) I have spent more money on this game that I care to admit too (since the beginning probably the cost of a small car) and so have many others, but I'm closing my wallet because if this goes through the way you have it now, I and many others will leave. I really hate to say this but what is in our wallets pay yours and many others salery.

I also know your jobs are not easy and you have to listen to us screaming it's not fair and your boss yelling about the bottom line, well maybe they should play the game also.
  • Options
    ptr0kspar0v#3262 ptr0kspar0v Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @estasia1 said:

> 1) Do the random queue but do not remove the AD from the dungeon runs. If botting is an issue then turn on the botting program you stated you had in earlier post and be more proactive. Fix the spamming button for reporting the issue (been broken for over 6 months now).

I've saw many complains on boards concerning nvw communities that the program wasnt so accurate and hitted some innocent players aswell... Just make sure to make it right or stablish a warning feat ingame trough mail sys before delivering perma bans with a bot program made to search bot users. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Ok, so people have complained for years on NW how it's basically impossible for an under geared person to get into a dungeon run without being a member of a guild which is willing to take them. So these people have been left to randomly PUG into dungeons through the queue system and pray they get a decent group out of it sometime in the next hour ...

Unfortunately, random queues do nothing to solve this - to randomly queue for an epic dungeon you now need to have unlocked FBI and Spellplague and have an item level of at least 11K. That means you probably had no trouble finding a group for your daily Temple of the Spider (master) run in the first place. The people who actually NEED to use the public queues, won't be able to.

Those of us in a guild/alliance will now assume whenever you hit the "Random" button you could end up in FBI or Spellplague and so we won't be taking the undergeared with us either ... so just who do you think this change will help?
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    threat#0783 threat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I know it's the first day back after a long weekend, but why hasn't there been a dev response today?

The outrage is real.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    One of my personal bugbears in this game has always been how OP characters dominate the basic dungeons, often making them a misery for pre Level 70 characters to play.
    If you need a minimum of 11k IL to even join the Epic dungeon queue, where is everyone with an IL 10'999 or below and anyone who hasn't unlocked every end game dungeon going to go to farm RADs?

Whatever problem this idea is aimed at solving, its going to make other situations much worse.

For instance, (again) I'm diligently queuing my 8k GWF for EToS to get his Cleric quest done and suddenly I'm joined by four 11k minimum guys on a random queue. They're over the moon they got Spiders and not Fangbreaker, and not only get to leave me in their wake they also get free AD for the pleasure of rolling a dungeon I need while I get 10 shards.

Can you see how that impacts those sub 11k players? How valued it makes you feel as a customer?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

One of my personal bugbears in this game has always been how OP characters dominate the basic dungeons, often making them a misery for pre Level 70 characters to play.
    If you need a minimum of 11k IL to even join the Epic dungeon queue, where is everyone with an IL 10'999 or below and anyone who hasn't unlocked every end game dungeon going to go to farm RADs?

Whatever problem this idea is aimed at solving, its going to make other situations much worse.

For instance, (again) I'm diligently queuing my 8k GWF for EToS to get his Cleric quest done and suddenly I'm joined by four 11k minimum guys on a random queue. They're over the moon they got Spiders and not Fangbreaker, and not only get to leave me in their wake they also get free AD for the pleasure of rolling a dungeon I need while I get 10 shards.

Can you see how that impacts those sub 11k players? How valued it makes you feel as a customer?

To start with, if you are queuing for eTOS, you are queuing for eTOS.
    If you do private, the random queue folks can't come.
    If you do public, the random queue folks still can't come. They will not go to your eToS. They go to their random queue eTos.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    Reiterating my earlier points..

1) running a random Q should be an option for bonus extra ad on top of your daily bonus ad rewards.

2)random q requirements to be based on minimum ilvl for a guaranteed completion run not minimum entry.

3)queue based on roles not on class. Give each role a visible coloured buff with a minor flat bonus so a) people know who is doing what and b) u increase the likelihood of a completion. C) a minor flat bonus would work best here as it buffs those who need it most where as would be inconsequential to high lvl characters.

If you want to go way out of the box here.. You could copy something similar to the mechanic for 1st boss in tong where prior to the fight u choose who gets the 3 buffs.

you could make people who q random go into a pre-dungeon where they select the roles and then enter (like the gate in pom) those who are unhappy with the group could drop from there with no penalty or vote kick also. You don't even have to make it 1 buff for each role u could let the players choose what buff they want out of the 5 roles...

4) you are trying to fix a symptom rather than the cause...

Fix power sharing and all of these problems (lack of support classes, bondings, empty public queues etc) will fade away...
  • Options
    xxaaaxxxxaaaxx Member Posts: 14 Arc User

If you do public, the random queue folks still can't come. They will not go to your eToS. They go to their random queue eTos.

Actually...
    asterdahl said:

In order to help ensure all queues are firing, players who queue, for instance, for Random: Skirmish will also be matched with players who queue for an individual skirmish in the traditional manner.

For example, if you have queued for Master of the Hunt even if no one else manually queues for that skirmish, your queue will eventually fire with 4 other players who queued for Random: Skirmish.

Sounds like 'random queue'ing with anything less than a full team will match with people queueing manually. Seems like their entire goal, using random queueing to make every queue pop instead of a handful. It'll fail miserably, but that's the goal.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    xxaaaxx said:

Actually...
    asterdahl said:

In order to help ensure all queues are firing, players who queue, for instance, for Random: Skirmish will also be matched with players who queue for an individual skirmish in the traditional manner.

For example, if you have queued for Master of the Hunt even if no one else manually queues for that skirmish, your queue will eventually fire with 4 other players who queued for Random: Skirmish.

Sounds like 'random queue'ing with anything less than a full team will match with people queueing manually. Seems like their entire goal, using random queueing to make every queue pop instead of a handful. It'll fail miserably, but that's the goal.
    I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Sounds like an amazing plan to stop botting anyway.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Asterdahl apparently had something come up and hasn't been available to comment further, but isn't purposely leaving us in the dark. Kinda sucks to be called away and also look forward to coming back to this hamstershow.

It would be terribly ironic if the information at hand was making us believe it's worse than it actually is. And it would be largely my fault!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i fail to see ANY good thing about this changes, to be honest i dont care about any of the other changes, but this ne may be the last nail on the coffin for a LOT of players...

PUG queue is a really harsh place even with no eextra AD or any penalty involved, thsi thing WILL FAIL and maybe get turned off too late on live servers...

sorry i dont have any contructive coment here, the only thing i can think is trash this change before is too late...
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! I spoke with Asterdahl this morning and he's been working on going over the feedback and questions. We really try to be available as much as possible to answer questions, especially on these feedback threads, but game Development is always interrupting and getting in the way :)
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Asterdahl apparently had something come up and hasn't been available to comment further, but isn't purposely leaving us in the dark. Kinda sucks to be called away and also look forward to coming back to this hamstershow.

It would be terribly ironic if the information at hand was making us believe it's worse than it actually is. And it would be largely my fault!

Hey everyone! I have been keeping tabs on this thread, but as Becky mentioned I was unavailable to comment—I had been traveling from Thursday morning through Monday night pacific time. I'll be making a more substantive post tomorrow responding to individual concerns as I know there are quite a few of them but I wanted to take a moment to give you all a hint of some adjustments we are planning to make.

We have heard your concerns about the fact that public queues currently handle various circumstances in a less than graceful manner. In addition to the aforementioned vote abandon feature (which is currently available on preview via right clicking on your character portrait (it will later be moved to the queue window)) we will be making a number of adjustments such as significantly increasing the amount of time a player can be offline before being automatically removed from a group (to 5 minutes, from 85 seconds. You will still be able to vote kick an offline player faster than this if you would like.) We will also be making some adjustments to vote kick and vote abandon to ensure that they are not abused, more on this tomorrow.

In addition to improving the overall public queue flow to be friendlier to premade groups and players with unstable connections, we are also making adjustments to rewards. (And I am aware that for most of you this is the biggest concern.) Because we have added new categories that grant bonus rewards, we had to keep in mind the total amount of AD being paid out by the system, and how that runs up against the daily limit on processing rough AD. In order to free up some of that space we are planning to make a significant adjustment and have Random: Hero's Accord pay out a large amount of RP directly instead of rough AD.

With hero's accord not paying out rough AD, we will be increasing the amount of rough AD from other random queues accordingly. The goal being that the average player who can't tackle the harder random queues can still get to 80-90% of their current daily rough AD gain with half as many runs (because we won't be providing 2 daily bonuses per category.) And that's not accounting for the additional AD from salvage via the new bonus seals.

Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate your patience in waiting for a more detailed response to your concerns!
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

asterdahl said:

we will be increasing the amount of rough AD from other random queues accordingly.

I'll await further info but this still sounds like the only way to get rough AD is to use this disastrous idea of a random queue. These groupings are laughable. EToS and MSP in the same queue?

If this plan to remove the freedom of choosing how we earn our rough AD goes live, I'll just avoid the whole thing by playing something else. I've got better things to do with my time than have content I have no interest in forced down my throat.
    Pretty much this, as an added bonus/option, it is a great feature, but implemented as a forced way of regulating where I get RAD income, then it will most likely be the end of the road for me...
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @asterdahl
    if you want to encourage people to fill less used dungeons and class rolls why not just bring the dungeon delves event back up to features random content for the entire server to Q for 1 hour and reward extra ad there .. this will consintrate your Qs at least once every say 4 - 6 hours ..and say have 4 - 6 events per day ..

is that not the problem you are attempting to address with random Qs ? lack of participation and willingness to run harder content as well this solution would be much less abrasive for the community offering choice ... yet filling dungeons and allowing classes to get in
This discussion has been closed.