Comments

• hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Platform: PC
    Name of Zone: Dread Ring
    Quest's Full Name: Unseen Servant
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Unseen_Servant
    Objective of the Quest: Kill Praddak
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Only the person landing the killing blow on Praddak advances the quest. Fortunately the bones needed to summon him stay in your inventory so he's re-summonable, but he is stealable. I just had it happen this morning, I was the one killing (accidentally) as I ran through.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I'm not going to suggest that this is optimal, but there are a few tricks you can use to minimize your chances of getting ninja'd by Relic Rustlers™.

1) Go to a low population instance OR if you can get into a HE farm instance, there will people to watch.

2) Concentrate on the left side of Bryn Shander map, where guards are fighting barbarians and mobs. Generally, the hostiles don't notice you and you can grab the relic without combat starting. The axe throwers may hit you and the combat alert sounds but it usually passes immediately.

3) Avoid other people. The goal is to grab as many relics in as short a time as possible. Trying to claim territory is an instant decrease in your efficiency. If someone is lingering in the area you are searching, go to another area or another instance.

4) If you can't find a vacant spot in Bryn, try and find someplace else. The far side of the woods and/or beach in Lonelywood aren't as open as Bryn but they are also less populated, often deserted.

5) Try at different times. Depending on what part of the world you are in, some times may be less populated than others. Late night for me (Eastern USA) I am only sharing normal hours with central and western states, where as earlier I have both those regions and Europe.

Hope that helps some.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I always just use treasure maps for vonin.
  • jamman#0735 jamman Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yep either treasure maps or FBI runs usually fast easy vonin blood
    Lolea - 70 OP Healadin / Tank
    Jamrocks - 70 CW
    plus 8 extra characters that I thought I was only buying 4 ended up being doubled.
    Lesson Learned
    #1- Read small print before making Zen purchases
    #2- Do not be Hebrewinated (aka drinking) while making purchases
    #3- Refer back to Rule #2
    Member of The House Stargaryen PS4
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Rare mob spawns in Chult are easily stolen by other players.
    Most of the rare hunt mobs (with the exception of Ogres and Trexes) require a player killing several - 10 on average - regular mobs to get a chance of a rare mob spawn. That makes it much easier for the players instead of farming their own set of mob spawn places in one instance to do the instance hopping and only go for the rare mobs. The most obvious example is Batiri trinket farming, where instance switching results in about 3-5 times higher hunt trophy acquisition rate.

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • valyanavalyana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The same comment about rare Chult mobs applies to new Sharandar bounty mobs. It is also frustrating that credit for the bounty doesn't go to everyone that attacked it; as a Paladin, I periodically get bounty mobs stolen out from under me by DPS killing them fast, so I get no credit.