test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 12b Preview Patch Notes: NW.90.20170828a.3

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Highlights

New Skirmish: The Merchant Prince's Folly
Merchant Prince Wakanga O'tamu has recently acquired a treasure that others will stop at nothing to take for themselves. Protect Port Nyanzaru, build barricades, and repel the attack long enough to rebuild the gates, with improved rewards based on the speed of completion.

Known Issue: The timer remains visible after the skirmish is completed.
Known Issue: The scoreboard currently does not accurately state the rank of the rewards the party has earned.

Inventory Quality of Life Update
The Inventory window's user experience has seen another pass. There is now an options button in the lower right of the menu, enabling access to certain features like collapsing all inventory slots into a single view, filtering the inventory to specific types of items, and sorting all bags together. There's also an "Identify All" option for quickly taking care of all that extra unidentified gear.

Planned Update: Though it's not yet in this build, we plan to add a list of current filters to the top of the Inventory screen when filters are applied.

Refinement Streamlining
We've worked on streamlining the Refinement experience to significantly reduce the amount of inventory space required to engage in the system, and to significantly reduce the need to hoard refinement items for 2x Refinement weekends. In addition, Enchantments will receive two new tiers, and Enhancements (the special Weapon, Armor slots) will receive one new tier.

Known Issue: Marks of Power, Stability, and Union have not yet converted to Enchantment Stones.
Known Issue: Preview of RP values and post-RP conversion values are currently not displayed in the Refinement Point Conversion UI.

Information: Refinement: Technical Details

Bonding Runestones and Related Changes
Bonding Runestones will be seeing some changes. While they'll still be the most powerful runestone in the game, they will no longer be as severely above the rest. As of this post, the percentage of stats they share has been lowered, while Eldritch Runestones now give their stat sharing effect to Offense slots as well as Defense slots.

Feedback: Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

Campaign Acceleration for Alts
Players who complete a campaign will now have access to an item they can give to an alternate character on the same account. This item should significantly speed up that character's progression through the campaign, often through discounted currency costs or increased reputation gains.

Known Issue: For the first Preview build, boosts for Maze Engine, Underdark, and Cloaked Ascendancy are not yet fully implemented.

PvP Changes
Tenacity is no longer on items. Instead, all damage received in PvP is reduced by a flat value of 40%, along with similar reductions to crit severity, healing received, and armor penetration. All Tenacity that was previously on items has since been replaced with other stats, and PvP-specific items now receive an Item Level boost and stat boost when joining PvP matches or in PvP areas.

In addition, crowd control (CC) powers now apply diminishing returns - for each CC attack, the target has the duration of future CC effects reduced by a stacking 25% for 15 seconds, and gains immunity at 4 stacks. These stacks are independent.

There are other changes to PvP, including the Solo PvP Queue being made a permanent fixture of the Queue list, a category update to buffs (this change is not restricted to PvP), and more specific changes that will be listed in future notes and the feedback thread.

Random Queues
A new "Random Queue" category has been added to the Queues UI. In addition to allowing queues for less-popular dungeons and skirmishes to pop, Astral Diamond rewards and bonus Seals will be granted for the first random run in a day. Under-represented roles will also stand a chance to gain bonus Astral Diamonds on the completion of a queue. More information is in the linked thread.

Known Issue: Vote Abandon incorrectly grants Random Queue rewards.
Known Issue: When players decline, other players in the Random queue are instead placed into various specific queues.

Information and Feedback: Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Other Changes
There are more changes in this build that will be expanded upon in future patch note releases. Note that there have been various bug fixes and changes to our graphical rendering system and movement / physics systems, most of which should not significantly affect the gameplay experience. Please feel free to speak up if you see any unexpected changes in previously-existing content.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    terramak said:

Campaign Acceleration for Alts
    Players who complete a campaign will now have access to an item they can give to an alternate character on the same account. This item should significantly speed up that character's progression through the campaign, often through discounted currency costs or increased reputation gains.

Known Issue: For the first Preview build, boosts for Maze Engine, Underdark, and Cloaked Ascendancy are not yet fully implemented.

Finally a legacy system? My alts are sooo happy with those news!
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I know this sounds odd, but could you guys pretty please add Unparalleled Enchants to the preview section of the wonderous bazaar?

I have a feeling some people (*coughcough not me coughcough*) will want to test out the new changes.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    In addition, crowd control (CC) powers now apply diminishing returns - for each CC attack, the target has the duration of future CC effects reduced by a stacking 25% for 15 seconds, and gains immunity at 4 stacks. These stacks are independent.

entities count as each attack ?
    example : chill stack apply slow . chills are 6 so what happens here? ( i didnt test but be carefull with those things)>
  • ethos#7182 ethos Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2017
    > @doublea2015 said:
    > no with the bonding nerf change it really mess me over and messes over anyone who doesn't have rank 12 bondings and cuts my power by nearly 10k,

With the price drop on R12s you should be able to afford them very soon and/or be able to upgrade the bonding's you have now. If you think your going to have a nearly 10k cut in power then your math must be flawed. the biggest flaw atm with the purposed bondings are the 15 second uptime and the 15 second downtime. especially in the new area where many peoples builds rely on it just to keep the armor pen required to run new content. With that being said if you would be running R12's right now and when mod 12b drops you upgrade to R14s you will lose about 1k power on bondings alone. assuming you replace r12's with 14 enchants you will lose another 3k stat roughly. assuming you are upgrading your character with enchants you will make those stats up. Its the 15 seconds downtime where you don't gain stat bonus which will make dungeons nearly impossible at their current state. This update is messing with peoples current state and people are getting so worked up about it. Your goal should be to continue to upgrade your character and not be content with what you have.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    idk if it is intended, but the new skirmish is giving a "Random Queue Bonus" that includes seals of the brave ... even if you private queue. I like this, but it sounds all types of not intended. It would be awesome if this skirmish gave seals of the brave, but would ruin a lot of the progression system lol.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• firefly#7004 firefly Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If you switch show by bag to no, you won't see the free slots anymore.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    "Campaign Acceleration for Alts
    Players who complete a campaign will now have access to an item they can give to an alternate character on the same account. This item should significantly speed up that character's progression through the campaign, often through discounted currency costs or increased reputation gains."

Thank you good Sir! :)
    Very much needed!
    A gamer with 5 Tier3 capable alt...
    Post edited by kozi001 on
  • valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Please consider switchable options for bags filters, like priority or forbidding: for example, all artifacts go to bag number 6, all refinements to bag number 3, all consumable to bag number 2, and etc.
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    New CC RESIST system if terrible =((
    ill make video later/
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    And AD source from random with random group - nice. I can see SPC or FBI working like this.
    Post edited by gripnir78 on
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    @terramak

Hi,
    - Need to review chests from celestal coins.

- Bonding stones: CD of 15 sec. currently implemented on this release

Thx,
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    terramak said:

Inventory Quality of Life Update
    The Inventory window's user experience has seen another pass. There is now an options button in the lower right of the menu, enabling access to certain features like collapsing all inventory slots into a single view, filtering the inventory to specific types of items, and sorting all bags together. There's also an "Identify All" option for quickly taking care of all that extra unidentified gear.

Planned Update: Though it's not yet in this build, we plan to add a list of current filters to the top of the Inventory screen when filters are applied.

@terramak
    Link1 Link2

Update 02.09.2017
    Still no borders FIX..

Zen Market Bag Button duplicates:

New bag management menu:

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User

1. HR's Trapper tree is DEAD this is something to begin with. Trapper tree is meant to be more or less controller class and with this changes control is totally negated and being useless since an enemy has “4 stacks” almost all the time. In the video it shows that when a trapper starts his normal rotation, an enemy gets full immunity and 4 stacks never lose themselves. This changes making this tree almost useless. Now Trapper has no damage nor CC.
    2. GF. Weird changes to this class overall. Control is either working or not. Control resist is not working on Crescendo at all whatsoever unless there is 4x stacks (which is full immunity).Does it make sense?
    3. TR. IS the most insane pvp class before and after this changes. Tr’s in general got least affected by this changes for some reason, therefore TR class got even more powerful then before.
    - Smoke Bomb (For its full duration) applies only 1 (ONE) stack of control. Is this a joke or what?
    - Courage Breaker is the biggest joke. It DOES NOT apply control stacks at all as well as if you have 4 stacks on you (Being control immune) Courage Breaker still could be applied thus ignoring all of the implemented changes to the control effects.
    - When fighting TR – immune control is almost non stackable while CB and SB are there all the time … Pls take a look at this class more deeply. It needs to be changed accordingly.
    4. CW – in short? Its DEAD. Most of the wizards skills apply full 4 stacks in the SHORTEST duration of the time AOE wise (comparing to Tr’s bomb) thus making this class almost equal to trapper.

To sum it up: While in a fight, stacks are being generated very quickly and there is almost no control because of the immunity mechanic which is more or less broken. The only classes that are almost non effected are TR’s and GF’s.

Current state of the control resistance/immunity that is being deployed on the test server is totally out of the control and will lead to nowhere. It makes things worse.
    Old system wasn’t perfect but imho was better, it only required particular classes and their skills to be fixed/toned down.

https://youtu.be/frPoQ16AAFU

• panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Where we can find or farm superior and major enchantment stone?
    Sec, coffer of celestial still drop greater mark of power etc
    Lets us to convert uncommon-rare and epic mark of power-union-stability into to greater enchantment stone.
    And pls reduse the prise for major mark of potency from 150k in 100k....1.5mil only for potencys to upgrade weapon ench into Unparalleled is to much...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Did they get rid of loot roll system yet? Everyone hates it
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User

Lets us to convert uncommon-rare and epic mark of power-union-stability into to greater enchantment stone.
    And pls reduse the prise for major mark of potency from 150k in 100k....1.5mil only for potencys to upgrade weapon ench into Unparalleled is to much...

Why should the Ultimate Potency cost the same as Superior Mark of Potency?
    With VIP discount they cost 112,500 each so I think that is a reasonable price.

It's a new tier. It would be stupid if you could max out your characters again in a week after they bring in new tiers for enchantments. The grind is good for an MMO.

The prices of the Unparalleled Enhancements will go very high. Transcendent Vorpal is 3.5 million AD now, add that 1.5 million of just the marks into that and it makes it 5 million (it was worth 5 million before Lightning changes came in) then add a Coalescent Ward and you are at 5.3 million AD. No clue how much those enchantment stones will be but add those and the value goes closer to 6 million. Then that is only the price to make it so the price in auction house will probably be around 7+ million.

I don't see a problem there.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User

Why should the Ultimate Potency cost the same as Superior Mark of Potency?
    With VIP discount they cost 112,500 each so I think that is a reasonable price.

It's a new tier. It would be stupid if you could max out your characters again in a week after they bring in new tiers for enchantments. The grind is good for an MMO.

The prices of the Unparalleled Enhancements will go very high. Transcendent Vorpal is 3.5 million AD now, add that 1.5 million of just the marks into that and it makes it 5 million (it was worth 5 million before Lightning changes came in) then add a Coalescent Ward and you are at 5.3 million AD. No clue how much those enchantment stones will be but add those and the value goes closer to 6 million. Then that is only the price to make it so the price in auction house will probably be around 7+ million.

I don't see a problem there.
    T.weapon ench after a little bit will go much lower price from now.

Yes t.vorpal have 3.5mil(to low for vorpal) after patch and after some days you see the t.vorpal maybe 2mil :D
    For potencys...i dont say Ultimate to have same price with superior...

Before all that greater had 100k...
    Now the right thing is to redule all potencys price!
    Ultimate 100k
    Superior 50k or 75k
    Greater 25k or 50k
    You get the point.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    akta#9913 said:

Did they get rid of loot roll system yet? Everyone hates it

I'd be happy if I could once again move the loot roll notification window somewhere else. After three or four notifications pop up I can't see what I'm trying to hit.

@terramak , a suggestion if I may: update the queue system so we can run pre-level-60 skirmishes so we can get those achievements we missed out on.

Also, do you know if the silent 10k tradebar cap is still in the shared bank? For that matter, is there a similar silent cap for the gold portion?

Now if you really want to make me happy, allow us to put profession assets and resources in our shared bank and add a wardrobe function. Oh, and an "open all" right-click option for those leadership bags would be a godsend!

This last question is for the community at large: is transcendent briartwine still bugged? I remember seeing a bunch of posts claiming that it needed to be fixed. I've been holding off on making one out of concern that it would stop working. Now that a new tier is about to be added, I'd love to know for sure.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Rank 12 Triple Stat Enchants do not have the updated stat value that you have posted in the Techincal Details thread. For example, Black Ice 12s do not have 500 250 250, but the same 460 230 230.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• casawircasawir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Bondings runestones have wrong tooltip, its says there is only 50% uptime, also their behaviour is strange right now, when DC gives power for my companion i do not get the power transfered until 30 seconds passes, or when DC uses AA right after i get a new stack of bondings then i got power transfered even if buff from AA has ended. In Simple words companion hits doesn't resfresh buff from bondings like it used to before.
This discussion has been closed.