test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• fadetoblack04#2895 fadetoblack04 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    IMO this could be a good feature. Could.

I dont like the idea of your lumping in FBI/MSP/eventually Tomb into the epic dungeons qeue which, unless I misunderstood, ranges from malabog to endgame in one selection. Its going to be more frustrating than rewarding when this happens.

So there is no AD reward for ANY dungeon or smirmish completion if you manually qeue? You get an epic ring of sudden salvage and thats it at best? Are private qeues going to be blocked off from AD rewards too?

Also just to be clear, we are talking about the actual dungeon payout, right? not some sort of system built on top of that?

Since its going to happen no matter what, my 2 suggestions: First, Take your pre70 dungeons (theres a ton) and make an epic version of them. I dont see a reason this cant happen by just replacing the smush mobs with equivelants of like EGWD difficulty mobs or a little harder, maybe make a handful of these into inbetween dungeons. A gateway between fresh 70 and endgame. Increased variety, most of the community gets what theyve been wanting for years now, and old dungeons that are never run can actually see some attention.

My 2nd suggestion would be to divide up the random qeue choices a little more, or expanded maybe. So one thing could be implement your current idea, but with better rewards than described if endgame content gets involved in the qeue list. And have alternative random qeues so that you can qeue for dungeons that run in the different item level brakets, so the 7500 IL, and 8500 IL dungeons could be run randomly within a seperate qeueing, rewards could be lowered a little for these as theyre not hard.

This doesnt have to be a bad thing but I don't feel like it will have good feedback from most everyone because the only other ways to make AD are sell stuff, and weeklies unless you spend money on zen and convert.
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I am not sure if I got this right, but from what I understand selecting a specific number of dungeons to play is still a posibility but doesn't give bonus. Random ques is an extra feature, not the only way to go, right?
  • rlee1979rlee1979 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So something that I am seeing here with all the new changes from bonding runestones and augments to everything due to the new queue system. There is still a glaring flaw and situation that needs to be addressed. I understand how all and why all the initial changes are happening. And hopefully it will help most of the players get groups where they wouldn't have in other situations. But before addressing and overhauling how we get into the content...why can't we have combat overhauled completely?

From the time of the "old school" players who've been loyal and in this game running and playing content....to adapting for all the changes in the game. Many of the combat systems have been slowly placed with stop gaps in order to allow content to move forward. Bonding runestones huge bonuses to life steal have been issues since the game introduced them and didn't properly balance them. Now, it seems that bondings will be slowly placed on a par system to allow some type of balancing to exist. But not addressing the other glaring situation...that being the "one shot" to answer to life steal is still a debate I know that has been mentioned and properly beaten to dead in discussions. I'm bringing this up here because I can understand from all the concern that all the players here and those that never look at the forums will have and even mentioned..."If I run a random queue, how will I guarantee that I will be able to get through the content with random players that may or may not be able to run it."

Just because people are at the right ilevel does not mean that they know their class or set up for proper roles to finish content. I'm not saying people are bad at their class but in a casual process...you will have a huge problem with random queues. NO ONE wants to run a queue if they know they can't finish it with a group that may not be ready or geared properly for content. You will have no one utilizing even if the incentives and payoffs are decent. Most guilds will completely stay away from it and I know many people that will not join it for the fact that success isn't guaranteed. It's understand that it isn't though. but the situation is that if you want to properly give fighting chances in combat...there need to be a look at and give it a proper overhaul that allows better scaling then what we are currently seeing.

I feel that some of the concepts from Mod 12 in regards to getting your weekly limits and keep away from content till the next week if you want is fine. I understand that there is a lot that you all are doing to make it all work. But with other concepts that are glaringly not fixed or properly designed e.g. setup as a stop gap...they all need to be remedied. Currently in this game, there are many different things that still aren't fixed and I understand that you all as Cryptic need to prioritize and work on making sure things are functioning. But balancing out some of the concepts in the combat to giving it possibly an overhaul should be needed in order to not guarantee success but give a more fighting chance for all the community to have a chance...especially in the high level queues where people may be there unnecessarily in there for hours.

Just something to think about with all these different changes. It's all fine and good that you do all this and work on these things but you can't lose sight that your whole combat system is somewhat flawed and all needs to be looked at not just the bonding runestones/augments.

Tacet
  • ghostrings#8090 ghostrings Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I know this has been mentioned before bit will Templocks be considered as a Healer class? I personally have been able to run 5 DPS through Castle Never being the solo healer for the group and completed it in the usual amount of time. If we were finally marked as healers then that would shift the support roles and allow more dungeons to be qued up. Maybe it could be optional to switch your class or make a healer requirement such as must have Soul Bonding active, must have a certain percentage of lifesteal required, or must have the Field Medic title unlocked. Having the title unlocked means you would have to fix that as well and I have personally been asking for that for almost year and had only just recently been noticed.
  • parovozik86parovozik86 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    About leaver penalty.

If the goal of this innovation is "to prevent leaving dungeon if player don’t get the exact queue they wanted" maybe would be better to introduce penalty only for random queues? Problem of lagging instances isnt resolved yet. What woul you suggest to do if PREMADE party got in to extralagging instance?

Introduce leaving penalty only for random queues, and let players in premade party to enter/leave dungeons wherever they want
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Any official explanation if we can take AD from normal-privete queues???

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    You need to allow people to say "NOT this dungeon please" when random queuing. There are several dungeons I simply will not do because they're buggy as hell for me. Penalising me for helping my team by quitting is not the way to go. Also you need to get much smarter in allowing people to queue for specific roles, if I queue for a dungeon with a GF built for DPS, I tend to get assigned as a tank which I'm not.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I like this personally. (mostly) this is how I tend to go about my runs I just que up for hte things I'd like to play en masse and see what I get.

I guess my suggestion would be allowing us to tick 2 dungeons off the list to que for (2 is a random number) I acknowledge that the point is to open up the que so if you tick off much more than that it's not random but that way we can tick off the dungeons we know are suicide in a random group. fbi, msp, tong. these aren't things that you can likely succeed at without a preplanned group. Especially once this nerf goes live. heck cn might become a problem then.

it might be possible if the que was reconfigured to be 2 dps and 3 support for those dungeons. but with the nerf.. I still have doubts.

for a testing view point. as of yesterday I was a 12500 hr (pc toon). I had r10 bondings all purple artis a greater dread. and r9s azures on my pet for about 77 crit chance. My dps was lacking. one of my guildies was just a little higher il but had a perfect dread and r12 bondings and could more than double my dps. the result: if you throw me into a fbi I barely touch the dudes. the other HR actually would do their share of the damage.

that is why I am so adamant against the bonding nerf AND why this random que thing is a concern. if you had 3 dps like me with support that no longer could powershare effectively we aren't going to have a chance of success.

I random q even for cn and lets say I"m the best dps in the room (likely scenario) it's not a half hour run. it's a 45 minute run. especially if the support are also low level or under geared. so what happens when bondings are nerfed?

I hope this testing that is going on is NOT relying on top geared people because the majority of the players I see who arent' in guild runs are way under geared. those over geared people are needed to carry the rest sometimes lol. I personally prefer to be over geared but getting there is serious pain. I've spent about 260 on pc so far. (really unusual I don't normally spend much) because I wanted to get up to speed.. but daym it doesn't go that far. so I get the pain here. a large portion of that money was getting my r10 bondings. having them immediately nerfed is disheartening at best. especially when this has been my experience. most random teams struggle. Even with bondings.

I have a choice of playing in guild runs (easy peasy) alliance runs (a little more struggle) or flat out random runs. (who knows but often a LOT more struggle) About 50 % of the time I do choose random because it's more fun. but it won't be with the nerf i'm afraid.
    yeah. imo it should be BONUS ad. and you should still get your ad for whatever runs you do in private groups. this also discourages private runs anyway even ignoring the ad issue. people tend to organize their random dungeon guild runs around the abilities of the players. I don't know of a guild that allows you to pick and choose your run mates. so if you end up with 4 people who are 9 thousand running t2's are gonna be dicey.

that said I also like that there is a bonus for carrying a lowbie. there is some good stuff in there if you can get past the removal of certain freedoms (did I just say that?) lol

i'm a little more laissez faire on this because I don't tend to run dungeons for the rough ad. it's a nice bonus but it's not '/something I build into my day for that purpose. I run them for the possibility of big ticket items in the end chest and salvage. so I'm aware I'm not the audience here.
    armadeonx said:

See here's the thing. Some players avoid elol because they can't handle the jumps (disability, dexterity, whatever) some avoid Cragmire's as the boss there is disproportionately hard compared to other T2's and you need a decent group etc.

Forcing these players to queue into dungeons they don't like or can't handle is a very bad idea.

I used to play pvp in uncharted a lot. they had a system where they gave you a vote on map. as well as game type. something like that might work. a vote for which tier dungeon if everyone is capable of all three and then a vote on a couple random dungeons. if some communication is allowed in the que before such a vote if someone can't run something it could be avoided.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I REALLY hope this isn't a return to what we had before, get dc'd for whatever reason near the end of a PvP match come back, game is finished, you lost your win rewards and have to wait 30 minutes before you can try again for your conc shard.

How are you even going to be able to protect this from abuse? Folks will turn off their router, cry foul they got banned for 30 minutes and I really don't see how you are going to be able to detect an honest disconect from a dishonest one, in other words, you will end up punishing players to prevent dishonest players from trying to manipulate the queues.

When they can't manipulate the queues, they'll come ehre with all sorts of proof I can;t honestly see how you will be able to tell the dishonest from the honest.
    edited September 2017
    k I missed the bit about having to have everything unlocked... so unless you have everything unlocked you don't get the bonus cash for decent dungeons that reward good stuff. why. that's sillytoes. you are forcing people who are at least capable of t1 to waste time running something with no good rewards. how is that gonna be a popular decision?

how about random dungeon by tier instead of by all the epics. so all the t1's all the t2's and all the t3's. that would be a little more fair and make a little more sense for the extra bonus carry proposal.

This discussion has been closed.