test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Even with the new changes to bondings 65% at rank 14 we will still see those numbers

Note i have seen and 280000 but i couldnt get fast a screenshot.

We gonna see more than this if companions keep transfering the buffed power to the player and that because all we will get increase to our base power and companion power through level 14 radiants =1000 stat rating no matter what you did to the bonding .

Its fine to keep the bonding as you plan too but please fix the double share of power through the bonding procs. Otherwise soon we'll have the same issues as the power creep will get even higher and you will have to nerf either the bonding or the classes that share power.

Those of you disagree that the double power share is wrong can you tell us if is fair for two classes to double buff ( which means x4 power share through the companion and bonding )?

Most of you complained about double dip debuffs on tr but you dont complain about quadrable
    power sharing of 2 classes( op-dc).
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @nitocris83 this nerf basically moves the needle back on player progression to back where a lot of us were on PS4 in November, basically taking away all sense of progression and needing months and months to get back to where we are at now. I don't think a lot of us will stay for that.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Oh now i see the dev post he say the bonding have 100% uptime :D this is a good.

RIP to those ppl who already bought the bulette pup!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

aidek0 said:

I just remember something. HP from augment is transferable, right? And, not transferable through bonding pet. For some build, augment is better. This is just a comment. I am not complaining.

Yes, as it says now you are able to get 96k HP extra with the right stones. Is this confirmed to be wai?
    I think that is what it was when I was using augment (before bonding time). However, I don't trust my memory fully these days.

I think the total is 108K if you put another 3 r14 radiant in.
    if u meant for oath paladins oath of protection, bondings with a striker companion is still better
    Bonding may be better but bonding gives 0 HP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Those changes could have been the best thing ever. It could have make Neverwinter true MMO where players need to cooperate and use both defensive and offensive strategies. Now it's more of the same.
    More powersharing, less options, the same meta, no room for room for anything that doesn't share ridiculous amount of power.

for 10 hours or so I had hope. With 50% uptime, players would really need to take a look what other classes bring to the table. Because there is power hidden in specs and classes that are worthless now. People don't see it over 290k power they have.

Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Do the developers know how much time and money we have spend on in order to get the bonding stones ? or they simply don't care ! I hope they have better idea than giving the bonding stone a nerf.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I haven't said it in my previous post but someone did it earlier if i recall it correctly: nerf bondings and new R14 rank is just a pure marketing, period. Instead of nerfing items that cost money/AD, "fix" broken powers/encounters/dailies. This will increase time for dungeon, etc. completion in better way, because powercreep doesn't come primarily from bondings. You can just buff some powers to make more dps if you want to compensate, but reduce all that op powershare. Even after you cancel that 50% uptime, bondings are just a bit better that augments. Yes, 136% (if i recall it correctly, todays eldritch R12 give 12%) vs 295% was a bit too much, but 176.5% vs 195% is meh at best. Make a bit bigger difference so those who already invested millions can say: "oh well, they nerfed it, but bondings are still BiS and i shouldn't switch to new stuff and waste more millions". Btw, i only have R10 bondings, and after this change (if stay "as is") i will get the same result as my old stone i retired with 2 eldritch which COULD be bough yesterday for 20k.

There will be always BiS things. It's like trying to use "come and get it" instead of "IBS". No. There are powers that you can use while lvlin, and there are final, BiS powers, you will use almost always once you reach lvl 70. And mostly because you need to choose 3 powers out of 20. I don't mind switching from one power to another that cost me absolutely nothing instead of wasting more millions in new shiny stuff after nerf of X item, to, lets say month later, have the same stats.
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    > @darkstarrfoff said:
    > basicly is, bondings buff stays 15secs up and has a 30secs cd after the fisrt click when bonding icon appears, basicly 15secs after the icon disspears, but bondings still BIS runes for companions,
    >
    >
    >
    > They reconsidered, now it's going to be "100% uptime" (details tbd). I just remember something. HP from augment is transferable, right? And, not transferable through bonding pet. For some build, augment is better. This is just a comment. I am not complaining.
    >
    > Yes, as it says now you are able to get 96k HP extra with the right stones. Is this confirmed to be wai?
    >
    > I think that is what it was when I was using augment (before bonding time). However, I don't trust my memory fully these days.
    >
    > I think the total is 108K if you put another 3 r14 radiant in.
    >
    > if u meant for oath paladins oath of protection, bondings with a striker companion is still better
    >
    > I would say that it significantly depends on what type of build you have.
    >
    > Power share is still a major buff that OPs provide, and if it continues to work with companions then an HP build might actually be very good.
    >
    > Additionally, HP benefits AoC damage. And there are prot-OP's which get a majority of their damage from AoC. So another +25% HP could potentially be a viable source of damage increase
    >
    > Wouldn't be 25% for 96k, that's almost 1/3rd of my nearly 300k HP OP. For Deko at some 330k that would push their pally to over 400k. Thing is though you would have to give up a lot of stats to do that currently and seemingly even in the new system. Even with the new changes to bondings 65% at rank 14 we will still see those numbers
    >
    >
    > Note i have seen and 280000 but i couldnt get fast a screenshot.
    >
    > We gonna see more than this if companions keep transfering the buffed power to the player and that because all we will get increase to our base power and companion power through level 14 radiants =1000 stat rating no matter what you did to the bonding .
    >
    > Its fine to keep the bonding as you plan too but please fix the double share of power through the bonding procs. Otherwise soon we'll have the same issues as the power creep will get even higher and you will have to nerf either the bonding or the classes that share power.
    >
    > I agree. Making companions only share their non buffed power would be far more effective than taking our stats away. This doesn't fix the real issue of the power share loop.

couldn't agree more, in doing this it will fix the problem without hurting or killing any one particular class
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    @ravenskya (I tried quoting you but the quote isn't showing..) this is in regards to you saying people might scream and yell about quitting but won't.

you are ps4 right? a lot of times the threats of leaving are false.. I don't think they are this time. key gate didn't make the ghost town coal gate did. I wasn't paying attention for mod 6 apparently there were ghost towns then too. but with coal gate. it was massive. there honestly were people in pe just giving away all their stuff. guilds lost mannnnny people. it was hard to get anything going. I don't know how many quit but it was a lot. This is worse than that.
  • gerverpandagerverpanda Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Those changes could have been the best thing ever. It could have make Neverwinter true MMO where players need to cooperate and use both defensive and offensive strategies. Now it's more of the same.
    More powersharing, less options, the same meta, no room for room for anything that doesn't share ridiculous amount of power.

for 10 hours or so I had hope. With 50% uptime, players would really need to take a look what other classes bring to the table. Because there is power hidden in specs and classes that are worthless now. People don't see it over 290k power they have.

to bring that potential, you would have to give up that same amount of potential, it will even up. If i bring all my buffs/debuffs i'll be giving up the dmg I have right now, dmg that another class can boost for me. If everyone goes buff/debuff then things wouldn't really change. Players didn't make this rules, the developers did. Some classes are only viable and relevant because of bondings, like OPs. It ain't as simple as you might think. And you are putting all the blame on the community believing so.
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User

Even with the new changes to bondings 65% at rank 14 we will still see those numbers

Note i have seen and 280000 but i couldnt get fast a screenshot.

We gonna see more than this if companions keep transfering the buffed power to the player and that because all we will get increase to our base power and companion power through level 14 radiants =1000 stat rating no matter what you did to the bonding .

Its fine to keep the bonding as you plan too but please fix the double share of power through the bonding procs. Otherwise soon we'll have the same issues as the power creep will get even higher and you will have to nerf either the bonding or the classes that share power.

Those of you disagree that the double power share is wrong can you tell us if is fair for two classes to double buff ( which means x4 power share through the companion and bonding )?

Most of you complained about double dip debuffs on tr but you dont complain about quadrable
    power sharing of 2 classes( op-dc).

Yes I would to listen from the people that disagree as to why they think that its better in the future (as it almost happened now) to either nerf the bondings or the classes that powershare and NOT fix the quadruple power share that happens with companions now and will get worse with the r14s?

People will soon discover that with 100% uptime and r14 enchants nothing will change, they will just have to do more of the new refine system.
    While you could have a completely new game and new meta, you have more of the same and some additional refine ahead.
    Well played raging babies.

• muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    > @darkstarrfoff said:
    > basicly is, bondings buff stays 15secs up and has a 30secs cd after the fisrt click when bonding icon appears, basicly 15secs after the icon disspears, but bondings still BIS runes for companions,
    >
    >
    >
    > They reconsidered, now it's going to be "100% uptime" (details tbd). I just remember something. HP from augment is transferable, right? And, not transferable through bonding pet. For some build, augment is better. This is just a comment. I am not complaining.
    >
    > Yes, as it says now you are able to get 96k HP extra with the right stones. Is this confirmed to be wai?
    >
    > I think that is what it was when I was using augment (before bonding time). However, I don't trust my memory fully these days.
    >
    > I think the total is 108K if you put another 3 r14 radiant in.
    >
    > if u meant for oath paladins oath of protection, bondings with a striker companion is still better
    >
    > I would say that it significantly depends on what type of build you have.
    >
    > Power share is still a major buff that OPs provide, and if it continues to work with companions then an HP build might actually be very good.
    >
    > Additionally, HP benefits AoC damage. And there are prot-OP's which get a majority of their damage from AoC. So another +25% HP could potentially be a viable source of damage increase
    >
    > Wouldn't be 25% for 96k, that's almost 1/3rd of my nearly 300k HP OP. For Deko at some 330k that would push their pally to over 400k. Thing is though you would have to give up a lot of stats to do that currently and seemingly even in the new system. Even with the new changes to bondings 65% at rank 14 we will still see those numbers
    >
    >
    > Note i have seen and 280000 but i couldnt get fast a screenshot.
    >
    > We gonna see more than this if companions keep transfering the buffed power to the player and that because all we will get increase to our base power and companion power through level 14 radiants =1000 stat rating no matter what you did to the bonding .
    >
    > Its fine to keep the bonding as you plan too but please fix the double share of power through the bonding procs. Otherwise soon we'll have the same issues as the power creep will get even higher and you will have to nerf either the bonding or the classes that share power.
    >
    > I agree. Making companions only share their non buffed power would be far more effective than taking our stats away. This doesn't fix the real issue of the power share loop.

bondings don't need to be touched at all just stop companions getting any buffs at all from outside sources this would fix the games problems but also not hurt people that play solo and need the extra stats of the bondings as they are now
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Did you actually plan to drop the uptime to 50% or was it put out there to take the heat off the % drop in the first place? :)
    dairyzeus said:

Hmm, did a little math based on my current mod 11.5 gear and it looks like if I upgraded every single offensive enchant I had (including bondings) I'd gain ~400 power and lose ~400 crit.

So assuming the power share timings that dupeks and darthtzarr pointed out get addressed then we'll stay at pretty much the exact same power level as we are now.

It's only going to cost us millions in enchantment upgrades from 12-14 XD

yeah. exactly. it's unacceptable

> @metalicum1 said:

> Those changes could have been the best thing ever. It could have make Neverwinter true MMO where players need to cooperate and use both defensive and offensive strategies. Now it's more of the same.

> More powersharing, less options, the same meta, no room for room for anything that doesn't share ridiculous amount of power.

>

> for 10 hours or so I had hope. With 50% uptime, players would really need to take a look what other classes bring to the table. Because there is power hidden in specs and classes that are worthless now. People don't see it over 290k power they have.

>

>People will soon discover that with 100% uptime and r14 enchants nothing will change, they will just have to do more of the new refine system.

>While you could have a completely new game and new meta, you have more of the same and some additional refine ahead.

>Well played raging babies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What class do you play that you feel so butt-hurt and left out?

All the groups that I run with guild or put together via lfg have a standard set up;

1 Tank- Pally or GF.

1 Heal- Templock, Pally, or DC.

1 Buff- DC, CW, or occasional HR.

2 Dps- Any damage dealer.

I say this not as a criticism as I know what it's like to feel left out. If you form your own groups and tailor them to your liking you shouldn't have a problem. Also if you are having this problem within guild, I think you may need a better guild/alliance that is not full of self-serving jerk wads.

There is no need to cry nerf and call people "raging babies" in a effort to ruin something that is already working for 90% of the player base in your own self interest.

Best of luck I hope you get it all figured it out :)

Well I play buffing CW, not going to be left out in mod 12 with or without the changes. This is not about me being more or less viable. I play most of the time in premade parties, friends, anyway.

The main problem is that the game is not as interesting as it could be. How do you build a DPS toon nowadays? cap everything you can and stack power. How do you build a party? Take all the powersharing you can and add a GWF/HR.
    Everyone has so much stats that there is an entire portion of the game left out.
    Does anyone consider slotting skills and items for reducing incoming damage? No
    Does anyone look for utilities like CC when fighting mobs? No
    Does anyone need an off-tank, an off healer? No
    Does anyone need to follow boss mechanics? No daily spamming fixes everything
    Does anyone need different then meta DPS enchants, and debuffing ones? No

Well there you go. With less stats the game will be better in my not so humble opinion. I don't see people even considering that. I see them only calculating how much stats they will loose and what they do now may not be as viable anymore.

There are viable concerns, but very few people are threatening to quit because of those.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Putting this out just before a 2xrp wasn't very bright. I typically spend $50+ on 2xrp, now I'll use what I've got and then wait-see.
    edited August 2017

Putting this out just before a 2xrp wasn't very bright. I typically spend $50+ on 2xrp, now I'll use what I've got and then wait-see.

on the other hand I applaud them for it. the rage would be higher if they waited til just after 2x to announce. but yeah. I was/am same spot.