test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
This is the thread for discussing the changes to Bonding Runestones and Runestones in general.

Please see the complete information here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234031/refining-refinement
Post edited by asterdahl on

Comments

• ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Looks like they killed bondongs, it should have an uptime of 75%
    At least with my augment its still 100% uptime
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    So at Rank 14, it's 65% per Bonding, and there will be a 15 second up time (and thus a 15 second cool down).

So 195% - but only half the time... So Augments are now the new meta again?
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

So 195% - but only half the time... So Augments are now the new meta again?

Doubt it, power sharing is still staying around it seems, which augments cant do.

• trollpc#6223 trollpc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hello, will the new bonding version get a duration bonus if a companion has more than 1 bonding equipped? Or it's solid 15 seconds without any kind of bonus?

Thanks.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Hello, will the new bonding version get a duration bonus if a companion has more than 1 bonding equipped? Or it's solid 15 seconds without any kind of bonus?

Thanks.

The duration stays the same regardless of the number of bondings, but the percentage of stats transferred is the combination of all the bondings equipped.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

keep the harder dungeons balanced around stats that players don't have?

Players will have some extra stats from r14 enchants. Dungeons arent really balanced for those high end groups anyway, they are way too easy for them. Most of the boss mechanics can be skipped.
  • klivingstonhessklivingstonhess Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    RIP Anointed Champions... this will make the class worthless
  • meraks#0999 meraks Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Why? Why would you destroy the efficiency (value) of an item the difficulties have been based around players having instead of increasing the value of the items you want to see more viable? This type of change has the potential to negatively effect the economies you claim to care so much about keeping in balance, by destroying what investments people have already made, and potentially forcing them to move in another direction starting from scratch.
    XBOX GT @ Merak Starborne
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
    I stopped believing this morning; Journey is going to be PISSED.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    @noworries#8859

With the new Eldritch Runestones and an Augment you get roughly 175% of your Augments stats all the time, if I'm reading your table correctly. 195% half the time is not better by a long shot, though I could live with it matching an Augment w/Eldritch at 175% with a 100% uptime to truly give players a choice about how they want to play, and with what companions. As is you're just going to see people brush off their old Augments and shelf their comps.

This of course assumes you fix the power sharing issue with companions with bondings transferring power from DC/OPs back to the owner for a 4x buff.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Are runestones and enchantments going to stay unbound? Or will they be bound to characters?

If they stay the way they are now, mostly unbound. Then we can move them freely around our characters, upgrade and sell them as we please.
  • meraks#0999 meraks Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    So I am thinking that this change does not effect other runestones?
    Bringing a topic I querried earlier this month again into question, regarding using an augment with eldritch runestones, instead of a striker with bondings.
    Assuming 5 legendary companions, and 3 rank 14 stones on each. (x = Summoned Companion stats)
    Bondings+striker will provide 31% of SumComp stats 100% of the time, and 185% SumComp stats 50% of the time (31%x +(2/(65%x*3)) for an effective 128.5%
    Eldritch+bulette pup will provide 207.5% of SumComp stats 100% of the time. (100%x + 31%x + (25.5%x*3)) for 207.5% though stats will be lower due to runestones not providing extras. even still if you use an augment with only one defensive spot, you would gain over 150% of stats consistently.

Is my mathematics wrong here (it may be because I've been out of school a longf time)?

Edit: updated numbers for eldritch % and to name the bulette pup.
    Post edited by meraks#0999 on
    XBOX GT @ Merak Starborne
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
    I stopped believing this morning; Journey is going to be PISSED.