test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Executioner's Black Attire

flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
Executioner's Black Attire is the new armor from the mysterious merchant. This armor has a special bonus: you do 5% more damage to enemies that are not facing you.

The bug: when a player has a weapon enchant (at least for feytouched), the bonus damage only do 5% damage of the weapon damage done by the weapon enchant.

The combat log:

Without any weapon enchants:
[Combat (Self)] Your Indomitable Battle Strike deals 21227 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Your Back to the Blade deals 1061 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Your Elven Ferocity deals 20000 Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Your Indomitable Battle Strike deals 24993 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Your Back to the Blade deals 1250 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

With a weapon enchant:
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Indomitable Battle Strike deals 44694 (42565) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Feytouched Weapon deals 1266 (1206) Psychic Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Your Elven Ferocity deals 21000 (20000) Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Your Back to the Blade deals 63 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Note that 'Back to the blade' is the extra 5% bonus damage. Without a weapon enchant, the armor correctly calculates the damage source.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper

Comments

• flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Oh, after giving the second thought to the combat log, it seems that the armor works as a 5% debuff in the case with a weapon enchant instead of putting all the damage in the 'back to the blade'.

Edit: Forget about this comment, the 5% debuff is 'student of the sword' kicked in.
    Post edited by flyingleon on

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Was this ever fixed?

I've stored the 30k guild marks required to buy one but if it doesn't work I'd rather spend my guild marks on something else.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I would really like to see a dev properly explain if the Executioner's Black Attire is WaI or not, because the 5% it actually gives are pitiful, and given the tooltip, I would have expected (wanted/hoped for?) it to be 5% of my actual damage.

tagging wildly in hope of some form of clarification...

@nitocris83
    @terramak
    @rgutscheradev
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Did you ever get an answer to this? I have two characters rocking this chest and I don't have the ability to do all of the snazzy testing you PC people can do.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Nope still waiting :( I suspect someone maybe hoping we forget :)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'm following up on this.
    That sounds great:)

also I got another dev to add to my "tag-wall"
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @mightyeriksson Tagging a dev that actually works on whatever you have a problem with can be effective because it enhances the flow of information to the people to whom it's relevant.

Tagging every dev and other staff member you've ever heard of just serves to harass them all. The more we flood them with notifications that have nothing to do with their roles, the less likely they are to engage with that system at all. Or turn notifications off, because it only serves to create a constant wall of noise.

Do you get annoyed when someone uses "reply all" at work and you get copied on a ton of irrelevant messages? You can disregard and delete them, but you still had to give it enough of your attention to determine the emails weren't relevant to you. Don't intentionally create that effect.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Hey y'all! The Attire should be doing 5% more damage for any damage you do. Since y'all state it is not working on enchantments, it sounds like it is not working as designed. I'm going to investigate this and see what's going on. If/when I have answers/fixes for this, I'll let y'all know!

To clarify, based on limited testing:

If you do not have a weapon enchantment slotted, or you are slotting a vorpal or dread, it appears to work as intended (+5% damage as a separate hit after every power).

However, if you equip a different type of weapon enchantment (one that deals X% weapon damage), it appears that Executioner's Black Attire will only provide the 5% benefit on this X% weapon damage component and not the original power that proc'ed the weapon damage hit.
    edited August 2017

@mightyeriksson Tagging a dev that actually works on whatever you have a problem with can be effective because it enhances the flow of information to the people to whom it's relevant.

Tagging every dev and other staff member you've ever heard of just serves to harass them all. The more we flood them with notifications that have nothing to do with their roles, the less likely they are to engage with that system at all. Or turn notifications off, because it only serves to create a constant wall of noise.

Do you get annoyed when someone uses "reply all" at work and you get copied on a ton of irrelevant messages? You can disregard and delete them, but you still had to give it enough of your attention to determine the emails weren't relevant to you. Don't intentionally create that effect.

If that information was posted plainly for everyone to see, then yes, I would tag the appropriate person.

Since that is clearly not the way this forum works, this is how it's going to continue...
  • dragonlord#1931 dragonlord Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Thanks for the extra information! And y'all are correct, for some silly reason the Attire's order of operation got messed up with the enchant damages. So, I'm going to get a fix going for this.

As for tagging devs, unfortunately, this can be hit or miss; mainly for the fact that each dev's presence on the forums is constantly in flux, depending on where each of us are in our work schedules. However, if we don't see a post right away, we have nitocris83 and our mods to make sure that issues and concerns don't get forgotten or lost, just like this issue right here.

Thanks for all your patience on this, and as stated: I got a fix a comin', and I'll try to get it in for the next patch!

I am glad I see in the patch notes you fixed the armor, but this means that it has been currently fixed on the consoles too? (PS4)

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

I am glad I see in the patch notes you fixed the armor, but this means that it has been currently fixed on the consoles too? (PS4)

If it's not in the Console patch notes, it typically means the fix on PS4 or Xbox hasn't been released yet.
  • malak85#2148 malak85 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I joined this game, on XBox One, in July '19. I just found this thread, and actually just obtained this piece of gear yesterday. I would like to follow up and see if this has possibly been addressed on consoles, yet? Unfortunately, I'm not certain if the patches between then and now have included it, or not.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I joined this game, on XBox One, in July '19. I just found this thread, and actually just obtained this piece of gear yesterday. I would like to follow up and see if this has possibly been addressed on consoles, yet? Unfortunately, I'm not certain if the patches between then and now have included it, or not.

it does 3% damage not 5% there is better gear out there.
  • malak85#2148 malak85 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

it does 3% damage not 5% there is better gear out there.
    So Hag's Rags is probably the better way to go for a DPS Warlock?
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    EXECUTIONER BLACK ATTIRE: On crits behind/in front of a dolly= 813Dmg in front of dolly, 837Dmg behind dolly.... this mean only a 3% dmg...
    Just trashed my guild marks for it, alot of astral diamonds...

edited October 2019
    Now randomly i get x2 executionner black attire bonus... for a total of 6% instead of 10% ^^'
    From 813Dmg to 862Dmg, one percent less and x2 Black Attire works like they need to..

https://ibb.co/897H4Bg
    also log say totally different numbers from the ones we see on screen