test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tomb of Nine gods Dungeon

excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I make a few runs of Tong, and with some great ilvl players with 14/15k, but it's almost impossibel pass 2nd boss! very high damage and stuns all the time. The min request is 12ilvl and 15k party can end it?! If this is a game and we need to end dungeon to win the seals and armor, why it's only far a small parte of the players?

Comments

• heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

I make a few runs of Tong, and with some great ilvl players with 14/15k, but it's almost impossibel pass 2nd boss! very high damage and stuns all the time. The min request is 12ilvl and 15k party can end it?! If this is a game and we need to end dungeon to win the seals and armor, why it's only far a small parte of the players?

what you are saying is illogical sir, the dungeon was cleared by many players and by far second boss is the easiest of them also the gear not having RNG and can be bought for seals is best we can get other than running 300000 runs and not getting one piece drop so be grateful on that implemant.
    The To9G is supposed to be hardest end game dungeon (Tier 3) so don't expect it to be a walk on the part is what i'm trying to say just play using mechanic and you will win aalso item level doesn't matter if party dosn't know waht they are doing
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Itemlevel is not everything. The dungeon is easily doable if everyone knows how to deal with the bosses and adds, even in a 13k group. Maybe you should try to play the boss mechanic.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Do you only get seals of the Brave at the end-boss/chest, or do you get some at the other bosses in there too?
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

The To9G is supposed to be hardest end game dungeon (Tier 3) so don't expect it to be a walk on the part is what i'm trying to say just play using mechanic and you will win aalso item level doesn't matter if party dosn't know waht they are doing

I believe the expression you may be looking for is "a walk in the park", as in a nice casual affair. :)

Item level, as mentioned above, is only part of the equation, the players themselves are more significant than the gear they are wearing! :)

@samaka#2511
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    AND with composition without a dc in party is doable also.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Have one of the party up on the balcony killing the dwarves that light up, that will stop the various effects like water and electricity and fire etc. Watch out for the hands though.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Do you only get seals of the Brave at the end-boss/chest, or do you get some at the other bosses in there too?

You get 10 if your team successfully kill a boss.

Not sure if you need to be alive to get the seals.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    So is that 30 seals per successful run?
  • slapdriveslapdrive Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2017

So is that 30 seals per successful run?

You get more from the chests, I believe it's 70(edit: I mean including the boss seals) or so overall. I couldn't say which chest or if it's both, but I do know you get more than the basic 10 from each boss.

Also it appears if you fall of the platform on the last boss you don't seem to get the 10 seals. I don't know if being wiped from the other two bosses has this in place though I'm afraid, I'll have to see next time someone gets wiped out on them.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    You need one or two people to run up and kill dwarves in 2nd boss. Its supposed to be a tough fight
    But you can cheese it with double DC + tank and just ignore all the damage like most people do.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    High item level does not equal high skill (or knowledge of class mechanics for that matter).
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Just finished my first run in this dungeon and failed on the second boss fight (2 dc and tank and could not cheese it, there were one shot kills being done all the time). Is there a guide to this boss, and the rest of the dungeon. If there is isn't, can somebody answer my questions please.
    - A comment above up said somebody should stand on the balcony. I did not see this balcony (I was too focused on not dying all the time and was generally confused), does that mean the stairs or did I miss something ?
    - If a ranged class, and another to help with the hand, stand all the time on the balcony will that always be safe ?
    - I noticed a bone golemn being spawned, is that the spawned from the tanks that also produce the electricity and fire ?
    - I noticed electricity debuff (does this kill when the water comes?), and I noticed the fire debuff that I assume kills with the shooting flames, what else is there.
    - The hand grab is this completely random like Valindra, or is there anything that one tell beforehand that one is about to be grabbed.
    - Can this boss really be cheesed? There was what looked like big blue hand, that came down when there was water, that one shotted everyone other than the tank, this with Astral Shield, Hallowed Ground, etc. I was thinking of casting Divine Armour just as it hits, but I cannot tell when this is happening, does the boss say something before the big hit?
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I did the 2nd boss with a sub-optimal group with low dps.

Main thing that will kill dps is the aoe red pushback around him. so anyone below 140k hp needs to avoid that.

When the weather effects turn on. One person should run up the stairs and kill the door in the lit up chamber. One in each corner. Each colour represents an effect, fire being the most dangerous and water can be too with the lightning.

This boss has no time limit unlike Orcus so just be patience and turn off traps.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".

Just finished my first run in this dungeon and failed on the second boss fight (2 dc and tank and could not cheese it, there were one shot kills being done all the time). Is there a guide to this boss, and the rest of the dungeon. If there is isn't, can somebody answer my questions please.

I remember @thefabricant took pictures of the new dungeon for someone (his special someone? I will joke about that relationship as much as I want Sharp :3).

Whether he is willing to write a guide for this dungeon is a different story.

- A comment above up said somebody should stand on the balcony. I did not see this balcony (I was too focused on not dying all the time and was generally confused), does that mean the stairs or did I miss something ?

Can't say, I would surmise it means the raised platforms where the dwarves are.

- If a ranged class, and another to help with the hand, stand all the time on the balcony will that always be safe ?

Tbh, I'd rather just have everyone stick as a group and just react (quickly) to moving out the Lightning. The "stand on the balcony" strategy usually requires two of your DPS to stay out of buff range, which makes for a longer fight.

- I noticed electricity debuff (does this kill when the water comes?), and I noticed the fire debuff that I assume kills with the shooting flames, what else is there.

I believe there is a poison effect ala Green Dragonflight Dragon.

- The hand grab is this completely random like Valindra, or is there anything that one tell beforehand that one is about to be grabbed.

On the second boss, I've been grabbed as a GF, OP, or DC. For now, it doesn't seem to be predictable like VT, where whoever the farthest away from Valindra will be grabbed after dealing with her Non-Directional Laser lightning.

- Can this boss really be cheesed? There was what looked like big blue hand, that came down when there was water, that one shotted everyone other than the tank, this with Astral Shield, Hallowed Ground, etc. I was thinking of casting Divine Armour just as it hits, but I cannot tell when this is happening, does the boss say something before the big hit?

@wickedduck22#9795: Part time cheese maker, part time professional angler, and one of the best breaching hammers to excavate Tomb of the 9 Gods with.

The water is there to slow you down. The Lightning comes in theform of a red arrow above you + red circle under you like the icy terrain in Svardborg. If you see that on you, stand on the stairs to avoid electrifying the water (the boss says "a favorite recipie of mine: ... [something about adding water and electricity]").

If you listen to what the boss says, he practically tells you what you need to do.

• darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    the dungeon TO9G was design for gamers that reach maxim lv 16k+ and boring of others dungeons easily i understood need one dungeon challengue for players have 16k+ IL but rest players 14k/15k should have a versión this dungeon not so hard. for example that orcus ball its good not chance revive if touch fine for 16k+ players but other versión for 14k+ should have revive if ball of orcus touch the boss have much life ok fine for 16k+ but 14+ not fine
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

the dungeon TO9G was design for gamers that reach maxim lv 16k+ and boring of others dungeons easily i understood need one dungeon challengue for players have 16k+ IL but rest players 14k/15k should have a versión this dungeon not so hard. for example that orcus ball its good not chance revive if touch fine for 16k+ players but other versión for 14k+ should have revive if ball of orcus touch the boss have much life ok fine for 16k+ but 14+ not fine

difference between a well built 14k and a 16k player is minimal.

u can run that dungeon easily with a 14k group
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

umm i dont think so 2k de IL diference its abismal legendary mounts, legendary companions reinforcments full tracendents weapons and armor enhcants etc . . .
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User

tom#6998 said:

umm i dont think so 2k de IL diference its abismal legendary mounts, legendary companions reinforcments full tracendents weapons and armor enhcants etc . . .
    So i am in the same (small) guild as tom, and most of our mainchars are between 14 and 15k+.
    And as far as i know, all of our runs were succesfull, it was "only" a time gap between.
    The more experienced players explained mechanics, and so on.

For me, a guild party, with people in, who knows each other good enough, it should be doable. And with more experience in Tomb, it will be become easier.

Pug groups, yeah well as always, it is pug, maybe you have even some high gear players in it, but it could be it is their first time in it.
    And often everyone is doing something, but not that what is neccessary. You know, the sprinting (I want be #1Paingiver) Gwf and then the AoE attack pops out, he has no stamina left, died and blaming the Dc.
    The absolutely zero wipe resistant guy, crying after 1.5 minutes:" Screw this group, it is not doable, i am leaving." (in capslock and referring some "Your Mother Jokes").

So for me, even "lower" (14k) it is doable, for guild/alliance/friendlist partys, if they know what to do.
    Pug groups, i do agree, that they have it harder, but if they are wipe resistance enough, they should be able complete Tomb also.

But this is the crux for me, for many pug groups, people aren't wipe resistance, as higher their gearscore/ilvl is, they think they become godlike, and everything should be easy doable, and if it is nor the case, "content should be toned downed down, so that everyone could finish it".
    Then, where is the challenge?
    Constantly giving up after a few trys is easy, trying to build up in the Pe or lfg channel, could be harder bc of lacking for an Tank and or Dc.
    Why not become "that guy" after an whipe, standing up and holding an inspirational speech in group chat:" Let's go we can do it, if our anchestors have given up so easily after a few trys, our country would not stand today in the shape as if it now. Don't ask what the group can do for you, ask what you can do for the group, so Guys are you with me, beating the HAMSTER out of this HAMSTER!"

It's up to you.

*if anyone is angry that i have used a very great sentence from one of your former President, i apologize.*

tom#6998 said:

Legendary Mounts
    You said it here yourself:

... 2k de IL diference its abismal legendary mounts...

Most mount bonuses are so "abismal" (sic) that the your wins and loses of the new dungeon won't be done by having the Emperor Beetle's 4000 Defense, Manticore teamwide +1000 Power/Defense, or Imperial Rage Drake 4000 Crit.

Most of the combat bonuses are pretty negligible as well, except for the Legendary T-Rex, Tenser's, and Lion. I highly doubt your victories will come from having the Arcane Whirlwind combat power, or the Flail Snail combat power, or the legendary Axebeak combat power.

Trans Enchants

You have a point, on some enchants, such as Feytouched, Negation, or Holy Avenger. Otherwise...
    • Vorpal's only difference between Perfect and Trans is a laughable 2% debuff. At Perfect, you still get the all important 50% Crit Severity.
    • On Dread, the only real difference between Perfect and Trans is the debuff on Critical hits. At Perfect, you still get the important encounters only +75% Critical Severity increase.
    • Plaguefire at trans versus lower ranks only gets you a negligible 2% stacking damage debuff. If you have a Perfect, you still get the all important 9% damage increasing debuff at three stacks.
    • Terror only get a lolinterrupt at Trans. You still get the important debuff and % of wpn damage at pure and perfect.
    • On a squishy, Trans Barkshield versus Perfect will only do so much. Sure, it might save you from one extra attack, but it won't save you from the Shadows, from the 2nd boss' traps, or the 3rd boss' one shot mechanic.
    • Lightning: You get the Lightning burst at Trans, which, admittedly, makes a difference for single target DPS. However, why are you using Lightning on single target, even if you are a CW or GWF? There are better enchants than those on single target and mobs die quick enough as is that Perfect versus Pure versus Trans Lightning will only add ~2 min to the runtime.
    • A Trans versus lesser Soulforge only restores more HP and shaves off ~20 secs off the revive time. If you actually go down enough to make that 20 seconds "worth" it, then you need to adjust your playstyle or team compsition. The extra HP on revive from Trans versus any lower version is a moot point, given how hard most of the mobs hit for.
    Legendary Comps
    Given how the legendary bonus is bugged and has fluxuating stats, I would argue that it's actually a detriment to have multiple legendary companions rather than just a single legendary comp. And, besides, compared to a purple companion, nothing about the active bonus changes at legendary.

Reinforcement Kits
    4 Major Power Reinforcement Kits is 800 Power. It makes very little in the the difference between winning and losing a T9G run.
    Same goes for most other kits: Lifesteal, Defense, Recovery, etc. If you actually need that 1-2%, you've won by a narrow margin anyways, regardless of item level.

• oblivionknight6oblivionknight6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Are there any maps of this dungeon?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    The worst boss is the last it doesnt reward gameplay it rewards full buff-debuff stacking and burn fast boss before it spawn the russian roulete defiant souls.
    Yes you are playing russian roulete because you need luck to escape the partial paralysis and at the same time to have the buffs from all sources and your stacks to kill fast the souls. Or you are ready to finish the defiant soul and when you cast the disintegrate you get partial paralysis and the time you have to kill it expires and boss get a charge to his bar.
    Really bad design.
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Could it be, that still many people doesn't know, that (espaiccelly the Dps classes) need an higher ArPen in Tomb?

I am asking, bc we had an guildrun yesterday (also with the so called "meta Group" Gf, Op, DoDc, AcDc and an Gwf as "Maindps").
    For me, it was the second run and first time in with my Dc.

So our Gwf had simply forgotten to change an enchant on his pet, and was stuck on something like 70% Arpen, and it tooks us at he Endboss something like an hour and many, many wipes until he noticed it. :D:D
    On the next try, everything went fine, and everyone was happy, more or less^
    (I changed after that run his Guildrank to "Dirt under my fingernails" as punishment)^^

So i would say, instead of asking for people with Superhigh ilvl/gearscore, i would asking or checking if they have the 85% Arpen.

• muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2017

The worst boss is the last it doesnt reward gameplay it rewards full buff-debuff stacking and burn fast boss before it spawn the russian roulete defiant souls.
    Yes you are playing russian roulete because you need luck to escape the partial paralysis and at the same time to have the buffs from all sources and your stacks to kill fast the souls. Or you are ready to finish the defiant soul and when you cast the disintegrate you get partial paralysis and the time you have to kill it expires and boss get a charge to his bar.
    Really bad design.

I lost most of the 2h run here (myself DC under 13k at this moment). But not because it was badly designed - people where just not hunting souls. When everyone was finally briefed and I looked what everyone were doing then suddenly people were not complaing for stuns but for lags/luck/weather whatever. I switched to damn full dps dc (11k arm pen ftw) and hunted them myself (and ignoring the team a bit, since I was doing dps job) and then we finally were able to survive to the point our mediocre dps was able to kill the boss.. . Of course if you bring a lot of buffs and dps you can just melt the boss - like everything in the game.

BTW for whole IL thing - I did raise my IL from 12.9k to 14k in last week. But I wouldn't say getting 5 legendary comps, legendary mount etc was game changing for me. It can be done with 12k dps if he have proper setup and knowledge (comps, mounts, perfect weapon, bondings and so on).
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I've cleared the instance a bunch of times, all different combinations. Though I ran one last night that was super smooth. Tact GF, GWF, DC, DC, SW.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    talon1970 said:

Could it be, that still many people doesn't know, that (espaiccelly the Dps classes) need an higher ArPen in Tomb?

I am asking, bc we had an guildrun yesterday (also with the so called "meta Group" Gf, Op, DoDc, AcDc and an Gwf as "Maindps").
    For me, it was the second run and first time in with my Dc.

So our Gwf had simply forgotten to change an enchant on his pet, and was stuck on something like 70% Arpen, and it tooks us at he Endboss something like an hour and many, many wipes until he noticed it. :D:D

Interesting point...what us suprised yesterday was the difference in Power during the fight and after the fight. I got 51k power without any group buffs (GWF) and in group ( OP, GF, 2 DC) i usually got 250 -300k ( some grp members need more power and hp ^^). If i got all the grp buss and the grp got their buffs, the bosses just melting. But yesterday our power jumped from 32!!!! k ( AC DC) up to 250k, few secounds later back and than again up..etc...etc...
    Sometimes i got 290k after we killed trash and the fight was over, but in fight sometimes ( all buffs, comps etc... on me) i never topped 150k. And i wasnt the only one in group with this strange power numbers....i will check that again in my next runs bc every boss was melting like hell when i got my "usual" power, but when theese strange power numbers came up it took us long as sh... to kill anything. Next time i will run ACT too. Maybe it will help me to find out why we got such rollercoaster numbers at power.

Someone else made this experience here too?

And yes...Arpen is very important in Tong. But isnt hard to get at least 85%.

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    if only i could find a party...16k ilvl and still nothing.
    these dungeons require too many debuffs and support classes hence the last dps spots are usually took by gwfs which are no rare to be found.
    i guess i will be running with 460 tarmalune gear and call it a day..
    sadly i wasted a month worth of campaign progresses (i could follow the boons route).
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

i guess i will be running with 460 tarmalune gear and call it a day..

Pretty much what I did.

After seeing how hard the end-game content of mod 10 and 11 were for a PUGger like me, and not having any gear to solo grind for in mod 12, I was pretty much done with mod 12 on day one after getting the TB gear for all my toons. I do chult quests mainly as time killer while waiting in the queue. I have not hit the weekly limit at all, and haven't gotten past the first campaign task yet. Eventually, I will finish the campaign for the boons.