test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.85.20170808a.3

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available here.

Comments

• sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    General
    Characters who purchase the Maze Engine buyout can now properly complete interlude quests in the Maze Engine campaign.

This happens for the Elemental Evil Campaign as well, if you've purchased the lvl 70 character you can't do the daily tasks for the final campaign task.
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • crazybibcrazybib Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Geas no longer ignores control resistance / immunity in Divine mode.
    Thank you so much, if it really works (I am looking at you Druffi) I will finally be able to run legit FBI, my dream comes true.

Ostorian rings are now Bind to Account on Pickup, changed from Bind to Character on Pickup. This change only affects newly purchased or obtained Ostorian rings.
    Dungeons farmers love that :)
    Post edited by crazybib on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Where is the fix for all stats.
    we get more power than should and lower penetration than should we get.
    COnsistency please with companions.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Can any dev confirm that greater rings were included int his change? Since it doesn't specifically say, I'm going to assume it's just the normal Ostorian rings. Still a huge AD salvage upgrade.
  • mayathesoftmayathesoft Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    •It was nice while it lasted, but Private PvP matches no longer incorrectly grant credit toward Stronghold PvP quests

Another desillusion for those who are not pure PVP players and only run it to help to upgrade the power boon of the guild fortress :( We had a lot of fun netherless, a pity it did not last long.
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    O wow nerf to my astral shield came sooner than expected
  • cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @mayathesoft said:
    > •It was nice while it lasted, but Private PvP matches no longer incorrectly grant credit toward Stronghold PvP quests
    >
    > Another desillusion for those who are not pure PVP players and only run it to help to upgrade the power boon of the guild fortress :( We had a lot of fun netherless, a pity it did not last long.

I agree. This just blows. Been trying to get members of my guild to PvP for along time now and this was getting them to do it. The private que made PvP tasteful to them and the guild reward made it worthwhile. Now they have no reason to run it. Because most have zero interest in the public que.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Scourge Warlock

- Tyrannical Curse: This power can no longer incorrectly deal friendly fire damage (damage to allied players)

It was fixed with River District mod, I know it, trust me... or is this paraphrased buff to Tyrannical Curse?

Really hoping this is in regards to the team killing damage loop Tyrannical Curse and Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow create.
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    •Compies no longer attack the target dummies in Port Nyanzaru.

There may not be a pack of Compies anymore... but the Mounted guards sure do think they're a threat to our safety.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    So I can't have 100% AS uptime anymore? How will the increased number of lowbies overrunning PUG queues since the solo queue was added survive T2 boss fights now?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

So I can't have 100% AS uptime anymore? How will the increased number of lowbies overrunning PUG queues since the solo queue was added survive T2 boss fights now?

You can. They will survive.
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User

you shouldnt even need to use that power, buff and heals and their fine. that power should be a last resort power if you got some brain dead nitwits who think standing in red is ok

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    time2011 said:

you shouldnt even need to use that power, buff and heals and their fine. that power should be a last resort power if you got some brain dead nitwits who think standing in red is ok

Oh. I think I remember you. You that anal retentive GF that yells (using all CAPS) at all DCs that give you AS? Something about your "special" build that requires you to take lots of damage (which is not really that special because most competent tact GF already used that ability).

I remember one CN run where after orcus smacked you down, you screamed, "Why?!? Why?!?", and went off on a tirade blaming your keyboard or something. That was so funny. Certainly not the usual pug drama.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Pretty nice that Ostorian Rings are now Bound to Account. Thanks devs!

Salvaging on multiple toons is once again viable.
  • jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    As to
    :It was nice while it lasted, but Private PvP matches no longer incorrectly grant credit toward Stronghold PvP quests.

I understand that Private PvP did not give the usual rewards of Astral Diamonds, or Glory. But if you want players to use it, a little incentive needs to be given. While the reward was there, I was able to get many of my players, who said they would not PvP, to go into the ring, and actually enjoy PvP for once. It would be nice if the reward came back. IMO, taking away the stronghold reward, just made something fun, into a dead zone. It now offers nothing.

My Guild has many players who are PvP shy. Mainly due to the fact that Level 70 PvP is unbalanced. All Level 70s are treated the same. A better fix would be to pair them by Item Level, and lock in what gear they have on at the time they queue, so they cannot queue for lower, and then switch to higher. Bring the fun back.
    imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
This discussion has been closed.