test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question for GF Tanks from an Xbox User about MOD 12 Defense and DR

erageramboeragerambo Member Posts: 46 Arc User
Hello there fellow GFs! Question in regards to DR in MOD12

With MOD 12, I know they are adjusting the Armor Pen needed to fully penetrate the enemies armor in the new content, up to 85% or roughly 10k ArmPen.

Is there an increase to the cap for DR in MOD 12 as well? I know with Mod 11 the DR cap got bumped up to roughly 95% in Everfrost zones from the previous 80%. Is it up to 110% now to have max DR?

Thank you in advance for the feedback. I am wanting to start stating for MOD 12 with its release weeks away on Xbox and PS4.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    110% covers absolutely everything, yes.

However, getting that much is kind of ridiculous, since there are very few enemies (4 or 5 I think?) in which mobs have 30% ArmPen. 95% is still a nice general purpose number that works for most encounters.

For Mod12, the only time where I wouldn't reccomend stacking DR to the stars is during Tomb of the 9 Gods (new dungeon) boss 3, because it's very easy to get 3-5 stacks of DR shredding (it's -25% per stack, at 4, you pretty much lose all your DR, and the boss has stupid base damage).

• erageramboeragerambo Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

110% covers absolutely everything, yes.

However, getting that much is kind of ridiculous, since there are very few enemies (4 or 5 I think?) in which mobs have 30% ArmPen. 95% is still a nice general purpose number that works for most encounters.

For Mod12, the only time where I wouldn't reccomend stacking DR to the stars is during Tomb of the 9 Gods (new dungeon) boss 3, because it's very easy to get 3-5 stacks of DR shredding (it's -25% per stack, at 4, you pretty much lose all your DR, and the boss has stupid base damage).

Thank you so much for the prompt response and helpful insight! Swapping to the Defense boon from the HP on my GF will bring me up to 40k defense and puts me around 111% DR, so I think for that specific encounter I will swap Guild Boons. You have been a tremendous help!
  • slapdriveslapdrive Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Ha, so it was a DR shred. I couldn't really check, thanks for the heads up, I might just use the hp boon on the third boss then. The guy hits like a damn truck. Rest of the dungeon is no real problem as far as incoming damage goes.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    slapdrive said:

rjc9000 said:

Ha, so it was a DR shred. I couldn't really check, thanks for the heads up, I might just use the hp boon on the third boss then. The guy hits like a damn truck. Rest of the dungeon is no real problem as far as incoming damage goes.

What I find oddly hilarious is that the devs buffed the DR shred, even though the people who gave feedback on preview never said anything about the boss being too easy (I mean, sure, people could have ran the dungeon at the time if they were... "diligent", but, really, I doubt most of those players would have said the DR shred needed to be harder).

rjc9000 said:

slapdrive said:

rjc9000 said:

What I find oddly hilarious is that the devs buffed the DR shred, even though the people who gave feedback on preview never said anything about the boss being too easy (I mean, sure, people could have ran the dungeon at the time if they were... "diligent", but, really, I doubt most of those players would have said the DR shred needed to be harder).
    Buffed Shred and a massive flaming dot, the best of things. Actually that DOT seems to be all kinds of horrible, does some nasty damage even with shield up. I imagine deflect builds might find those two things easier to deal with(can you deflect dots?), but of course my deflect happens to be pretty low.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    The lizard thing last boss is a...massive hits VIA KV lol.

The good thing is you really feel awesome after beating it! At least I do :D
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    edited August 2017
    Do you guys have problems with the lizards hit box? I mean as in do you shimmy through it on stabs and at wills? that has to be the most annoying thing ever for me, I continuously have to backpedal to not end up phasing through the boss(which can result in flaming sword of death targeting where I don't want it to). Some others in my parties have commented on this issue after runs to.

I hope it isn't intentional, the moving forward of the GF has always been bad, but that is a whole other level.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Agreed, jabbing the ugly face over the shield makes us move "inside" (ouch) the boss.

Being hit by the overhead flaming sword of DOOM is not so cool then...
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"