test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Gear that should come back as Transmutes!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited August 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
There's a lot of gear in the game and many of such items have been taken away over the past four years. We know that there's many items players wish to have come back as transmutable items in the game. In a recent live stream with @rgutscheradev, he suggested the creation of this thread to help make a list of such items. So, this thread will serve as a place for you to post your wishes on seeing specific items be returned to the game as transmutable items.

When posting your suggestions, please be as specific as possible so that these items can be listed appropriately and then found easily by the developers. I shall consolidate the requests in the following posts.

Note: The list from this thread has been imported here, thanks @beckylunatic and @kacezet !
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    placeholder
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    You suggested this in your Q&A stream earlier so here it is!

1.Profound pvp armor and weapons that was replaced and removed from pvp vendors.
    2.Draconic Templar armor that we used to be able to get from tiamat.
    3.Shadow wolf sword and bloodied wolf pelt that we used to be able to get from grey wolf den.

There will be many more items but here's a start.

@rgutscheradev
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    I should have known @beckylunatic already had a thread for this! :P

Thanks!
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    This is great thanks again for making this post. I made one on the preview forums but not nearly as good as this.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
    Well, it wasn't my thread; it was mostly @kacezet who put it together with input from the community.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I should add that I'm really annoyed that the Alliance and Elven gear was added to the tradebar store instead of being implemented properly as transmutes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I should add that I'm really annoyed that the Alliance and Elven gear was added to the tradebar store instead of being implemented properly as transmutes.

On another thread, about the seal trader changes, one player pointed out (quite rightly IMHO) that there is no entry level 70 gear. The sharandar & dread ring gear that most new lvl 70's are still wearing are still technically lvl 60 gear even though the zones have been uphraded.

edited August 2017

This is great thanks again for making this post. I made one on the preview forums but not nearly as good as this.

Merged into this one, thanks! I'll add those suggestions to the list above tomorrow as needed.

Also, so I don't forget tomorrow, pasting this here for now that was sent to me on discord:
    @Zebular would be really nice to get the gear back problably in the Adventure Seal vendor or PvP Vendor
    also i remember this good looking greatsword https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Profound_Greatsword_of_the_Destroyer

Lastly, I'll be redoing the list to link to actual items in the wiki as well as shifting some items mentioned to a different section as some are still obtainable in the game. For example, the Valindra's Crown promo item has always remained a reclaimable transmute in the Claims Agent. It's not an item that became unobtainable due to equipment changes made to the game, I just checked and mine is still reclaimable in the Claims Agent.

zebular said:

placeholder

About half of this list are available from the bounty bags available from the bounty NPC's in each area. It's RNG, but still.

zebular said:

placeholder

About half of this list are available from the bounty bags available from the bounty NPC's in each area. It's RNG, but still.

Yeah, I just noticed that a little bit ago. When I imported that list from the old thread, I didn't look it over. I made a note about that in the post prior to yours to remind myself to go through the list and sort it by what is actually missing from the game right now. Thanks!

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

Wrong, RNG bounty bags can only give you boss drop items from instanced quests in each leveling zones.

I'm 100% sure that all of the items on my list are unobtainable in game.
    zebular said:

Lastly, I'll be redoing the list to link to actual items in the wiki as well as shifting some items mentioned to a different section as some are still obtainable in the game. For example, the Valindra's Crown promo item has always remained a reclaimable transmute in the Claims Agent. It's not an item that became unobtainable due to equipment changes made to the game, I just checked and mine is still reclaimable in the Claims Agent.

Rex Corona from Mod12 got same model as Valindra's Crown, so we can scratch that one from the list anyway.

I thought about linking to wiki/screesnhots too, but there's no wiki pages for majority of old items.
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Well, fabled ilianbruen is present in game too, just in form of latest PvP armor...

Also some old T1and T2 sets are only partialy present, currently 1 available in Maze Engine store and 1 was used as lvl 70 blue gear but 3rd is missing, yes they are pretty much the same but some small differences makes them look cool actually heres an example: notice the shoulders, it doesnt show well on the dwarf model but both shoulders are symetric -T1 and T2 armors have 2 basic skins and 3rd is a medley of both, this armor in pic is a base model, currently in game we have 1 base and 1 medley model.

Another thing: Cape of Catastrophe, cant use it as transmute bc. id be losing either 4M RP or unique transmute... sad
    Oh and I almost forgot, Shield of the Steel Bulwark is obtainable through some EE quest I believe, but nowhere else so if you use it as a RP source since its and offhand youll loset forever again.

And arent the Iliyanbruen Ancestral weapons in Maze Engine store?

Well, fabled ilianbruen is present in game too, just in form of latest PvP armor...

Only arms, head and boots are the same, the chest piece is different from old Fabled Iliyanbruen.

And arent the Iliyanbruen Ancestral weapons in Maze Engine store?

Maze Engine store got Fabled Iliyanbruen, they're different than Iliyanbruen Ancestral.

Fabled MH and OH were from chest in Malabog. Ancestral MH was from Celadine Tower, OH from Witch Fen.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Something related, there are BtC quest rewards in the old leveling maps that would be better BtA as they are class specific. I know the Lolth plate armor from Rothe Valley is BtC and only usuable by Guardian Fighters. Sadly I have it on my new Paladin, unusable.

It seem that the leveling zone quest reward unique items have never been updated to add items for the 3 post launch classes, HR, SW, OP
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    kacezet said:

Only arms, head and boots are the same, the chest piece is different from old Fabled Iliyanbruen.

Aha, I see now, chest is actually Eternal, even though rest of set is Fabled.
    kacezet said:

Maze Engine store got Fabled Iliyanbruen, they're different than Iliyanbruen Ancestral.

Fabled MH and OH were from chest in Malabog. Ancestral MH was from Celadine Tower, OH from Witch Fen.

I somehow thought that these might be in Sharandar store... but they are not.

...The second is a character sheet interface that digitally contains all obtained transmutes for permanent re-use, that was a good idea that I have read on here....

I like this idea, giving players a way to store their transmutes other than keeping copies of that item ( which is sometimes impossible, like cape of catastrophe).
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    +4 Elven Valiant Plate Armour (GF) a.k.a. Skyhold Plate Armor(?)
    I'm pretty sure other classes had a bunch of +4 level 60 rare armor that were removed too.

Sword of Tyranny (GF)

kacezet said:

Wrong, RNG bounty bags can only give you boss drop items from instanced quests in each leveling zones.

I'm 100% sure that all of the items on my list are unobtainable in game.
    zebular said:

Rex Corona from Mod12 got same model as Valindra's Crown, so we can scratch that one from the list anyway.

I thought about linking to wiki/screesnhots too, but there's no wiki pages for majority of old items.
    Where do you think half of the items on the list came from?

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The big question isn't getting the lost together...its actually doing something with it.

Star Trek online I believe let's you store skins and so does DC online. This would solve a ton of problems with the current system. And honestly l..players looking good makes the game look good.
    edited August 2017
    List updated and fixed the names of some of them. Also added links and colored the items green that I could not locate. If anyone knows whether the ones in green are not the correct names or you can find them, please let me know.
    This is the unknown DC mainhand image
    @zebular
    - You linked +4 Elven Valiant Plate Armor everywhere from +4 Elven Valiant Plate Armor to Purified Black Ice weapons.
    - in mod1 Fomorian Fabled Symbol is wrong, the one you linked is a part of Fomorian Fabled weapon set. The correct one is Fomorian Totemist's Symbol (screenshot).
    - Maelstrom Cloak for all classes can still be obtained from bounty boxes, unobtainable are DC/TR ones.
    - Iceshard Dagger and Iceshard Blade got the same model, one came from normal dungeon, one from epic
    - Sword of Tyranny is a normal dungeon version of Sword of the Tyrant, they got the same model

Overall you mostly changed the names from epic dungeon to normal dungeon versions and vice versa, but I'm really surprised that wiki got pages for so many of them.

Where do you think half of the items on the list came from?

If you would look at the list you'd see that items are categorized by the dungeon name, this is where those items came from.

I'm pretty sure other classes had a bunch of +4 level 60 rare armor that were removed too.

You should still be able to get Skyhold Plate Armor if you find someone who will share the quest with you.

edited August 2017
    kacezet said:

@zebular
    - You linked +4 Elven Valiant Plate Armor everywhere from +4 Elven Valiant Plate Armor to Purified Black Ice weapons.

Fixed! Closed the a href tag wrong so it made everything a link thereafter.
    kacezet said:

- in mod1 Fomorian Fabled Symbol is wrong, the one you linked is a part of Fomorian Fabled weapon set. The correct one is Fomorian Totemist's Symbol (screenshot).

Updated, thanks!
    kacezet said:

- Maelstrom Cloak for all classes can still be obtained from bounty boxes, unobtainable are DC/TR ones.

You should still be able to get Skyhold Plate Armor if you find someone who will share the quest with you.
    The Skyhold Plate Armor is the same model as the +4 Elven Valiant Plate Armor and the Maelstrom Cloak (all classes) is the same as the missing TR and DC ones, yes? If so and those models are still obtainable, then there really is no need for them in this list, correct?
    kacezet said:

- Sword of Tyranny is a normal dungeon version of Sword of the Tyrant, they got the same model

The Sword of Tyranny is not obtainable either, right? If so, listing the one that can be found in the wiki would be best as it doesn't matter in what form the model comes back.
    kacezet said:

- Iceshard Dagger and Iceshard Blade got the same model, one came from normal dungeon, one from epic

Neither are presently obtainable though right?

• vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi, i have another suggestion, i think we need a system to remove the transmute in artifact weapons, because is sad u lose your unique weapons transmute while refining your weapons on the new ones, but also i suggest when u receive your transmute weapon have to be bound to character.

To clarify more for example u have the burning set transmuted to fey weapons and u want to refine your burning set on aboleth set, with the system u can remove the transmute and get the fey weapons to your inventory, then u refine into the new ones, and then u can decide if transmute to your fey weapons or no.

zebular said:

The Skyhold Plate Armor is the same model as the +4 Elven Valiant Plate Armor and the Maelstrom Cloak (all classes) is the same as the missing TR and DC ones, yes? If so and those models are still obtainable, then there really is no need for them in this list, correct?

Yes, Skyhold and Elven got same model, I'm not sure about cloaks.
    zebular said:

The Sword of Tyranny is not obtainable either, right? If so, listing the one that can be found in the wiki would be best as it doesn't matter in what form the model comes back.

Yes, although listing both might help devs in case they're unable to find the 1st one.
    zebular said:

Neither are presently obtainable though right?

Yes