What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Reference] Power Sharing

Comments

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    dupeks said:

dairyzeus said:

Has anyone checked if all this stuff that counts for powersharing also counts for protector's camraderie (and friendship)?

I would assume so as protector's works off of base power as well correct?

I have not tested and likely won't get a chance to test until next week (Brother is getting married this weekend whee!).

That said, I would venture a guess that it's +12% of your buffed power, not base power. If it was base power only, it wouldn't work with bonding companions and wouldn't be as popular to stack with the dps classes. Additionally, one time I forgot I had un-slotted my insignias for a test and I noticed my power (on a power-sharing DC) was well... noticeably lower. If it was 12% of my 40k base, I don't think I would have noticed.

BUT I could totally be wrong. Deserves a test for sure.
    Last I checked I was pretty sure it only worked on base power. I'll try to do another test again tonight.

I'm pretty sure it's still used by everyone because there arn't any better dps boosting options.

Edit: I'm starting to doubt my previous test now. Will definitely check again tonight.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    dupeks said:

Brother is getting married this weekend whee!

grtz
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Poor guy.....JK
    Alright, so here's how I tested:

Record power with only weapons equiped: ~20,000
    Add in 1 protector's friendship (4 stacks) no bondings on pet or dominance insignias: ~20,800 (as expected)
    Friendship was worth - 800 power

Base power with a AC DC powersharing next to me: ~37000
    Add in 1 protector's friendship (4 stacks) no bondings on pet or dominance insignias: ~37800

So, since the increase from friendship didn't change when I had buffed power, I'm inclined to think the protector's insignia bonuses only work with sources of "base power".
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

Alright, so here's how I tested:

Record power with only weapons equiped: ~20,000
    Add in 1 protector's friendship (4 stacks) no bondings on pet or dominance insignias: ~20,800 (as expected)

Base power with a AC DC powersharing next to me: ~37000
    Add in 1 protector's friendship (4 stacks) no bondings on pet or dominance insignias: ~37800

So, since the increase from friendship didn't change when I had buffed power, I'm inclined to think the protector's insignia bonuses only work with sources of "base power".

That's a very interesting finding. I'll confirm independently at some point, thank you for sharing.

But yeah, sounds like I was mistaken and friendship is only buffing base power.
    Has anyone tried the legendary manticore equip power from a teammate?

I'd like to think it follows the same basic rules as regular mount equip powers (shareable), but could also see it have some weird interaction as a buff since it's coming from a teammate.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

Has anyone tried the legendary manticore equip power from a teammate?

I'd like to think it follows the same basic rules as regular mount equip powers (shareable), but could also see it have some weird interaction as a buff since it's coming from a teammate.

Tested. For DC who uses that equip power +1k Power and Defense count for power share like other equip powers. The +500 Power and Defense gotten from a teammate doesn't affect power share.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    Has anyone tested Eye of the Giant's active bonus? I am 99% sure it won't work, but has anyone tried it?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @darthtzarr No, it doesn't share it.

• cwoody2020#1286 cwoody2020 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Coming back around to Tensor's Disk combat power. Any chance someone out there has had a chance to test it yet?
  • jojo#2051 jojo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    does anyone know if the power from the pioneer arempieces group bonus is shareable?
    Sorry folks my life got a lot busier since I wrote this, so it will be more difficult for me to be timely with my updates (especially on new zone stuff, since all of my characters are already behind).

That also means I would appreciate anyone who can provide supplemental testing!

Coming back around to Tensor's Disk combat power. Any chance someone out there has had a chance to test it yet?

Not yet. Still checking the mail every day... just in case it arrives.
    jojo#2051 said:

does anyone know if the power from the pioneer arempieces group bonus is shareable?

I will probably be able to check this weekend
    dupeks said:

Sorry folks my life got a lot busier since I wrote this, so it will be more difficult for me to be timely with my updates (especially on new zone stuff, since all of my characters are already behind).

That also means I would appreciate anyone who can provide supplemental testing!

Not yet. Still checking the mail every day... just in case it arrives.
    jojo#2051 said:

I will probably be able to check this weekend
    Quick update... didn't get a chance to play as much as I'd wanted, and it's starting to look like that's going to be the norm now heh.

Means updates will be slower than I'd like. Still a few riches shy of Pioneer gear (yeah I'm that far behind)

Appreciate the continued assistance (OP updated with contributions from helpful souls)
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    The 16% legendary bonus from companion count in power sharing?

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!

The 16% legendary bonus from companion count in power sharing?

Please see below snips from the original post XD
    dupeks said:

DO NOT Count Towards Power-Sharing "Base Power":

• Companion Legendary Active Bonus (+15% stats do not count, but the legendary stat bonus is based on companion's buffed power)
    In situations with multiple DCs, OPs, and companions:
    • Bonding Companions: Power-sharing buffs companion power, which gets amplified back to the owner through bonding stone's "companion's gift" buff. In a perfect situation, the owner would get 1x power directly + 2.85x from companion's gift + 0.15x from legendary active bonus (if have orange pet) = 4x power aura
    • Augment Companions Unfortunately do not benefit from power sharing. Anyone wearing an augment only gets 1x power directly. Augment stats also do not count for "Base Power".
  • jojo#2051 jojo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    i checked that the huntsman armpieces (those 480 IL from t9g) do count into powershare. has anyone tested the primal ones yet?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I can send you a Legendary pack on preview if you want to check Tenser's disk.

rjc9000 said:

I can send you a Legendary pack on preview if you want to check Tenser's disk.

Thank you <3

Alas no, Tenser's doesn't count.

I also double-checked that Primal Ring and Primal Arms both do count.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @dupeks are you saying that (for the prot pally) power gained via HP is not shared?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

@dupeks are you saying that (for the prot pally) power gained via HP is not shared?

According to my test in mod12.5, Oath of Protection power does not count for sharing.

I am not certain if my earlier tests were in error or whether the behavior changed.

My earlier tests relied on a friend reading off power numbers and my more recent tests just involved utilizing the legendary active bonus % increase while standing in the SH moat.
    Ok, did the moat boost your own power stat?

edited November 2017
    armadeonx said:

Ok, did the moat boost your own power stat?

Yes, moat-standing raises your own personal power, but it doesn't appear that buffed power is shared through Aura Gifts.

Here's how I tested.

I dismissed my pet and recorded my power.
    Then I summoned my pet and recorded my power.
    The difference corresponded to the Legendary Active Bonus (based on pet's buffed stat).

Then I dismissed my pet and jumped in the moat. I waited until my power capped out from damage taken and recorded my power.
    Then I jumped out of moat and immediately summoned my pet.
    Summoning my pet activated the Legendary Active Bonus (based on the pet's buffed stat).
    I quickly recorded the new power, and subtracted to see how much power the Legendary Active Bonus had added.

In both situations, the Legendary Active Bonus added the same absolute amount of power.
    My assumption was that if Oath Power were shared, in the 2nd test the Legendary Active Bonus should have added a higher amount (since the pet's power would have been higher due to my aura increased Aura Gifts).

Therefore I concluded that Oath does not count.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Moat Surfing....got to love it!
    Ok fair enough. I'll grab a guildy and head for chult as it's possible it may be affected by the 'in combat' status. Pallies need to be really clear on it as everyone works off the idea that it shares.

• alevynot#2470 alevynot Member Posts: 1 New User
    guys do you know if the bonus of Rex Amiculum shares the power?
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @dupeks Survivor Wraps are the best for testing Protection Mechanic on dummies.
    edited November 2017

It still counts as base power. I checked it with @greyjay by removing all power from the OP so they have 0 power, then standing near them and having them take damage. If your power increases by anything at all, you know it is working.

Thank you for correcting me and confirming. Sorry for the confusion I introduced by testing in a hasty way :P

@dupeks Survivor Wraps are the best for testing Protection Mechanic on dummies.

Yes, I wish I had... I guess I should farm some more when I have time to play again :)
  • mbunny#5813 mbunny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Does the 1500 at start of combat equip bonus of the rex amiculum power share?
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Unless I somehow missed it, you didn't mention that Striker, Controller and Leader companions get 2 +10% Power buffs from Expert Striker/Controller/Leader (rank 20 white quality) and Master Striker/Controller/Leader (rank 35 purple quality). These buffs are additive and amplify the shared power sent back to pet's owner through bonding runestones and legendary bonus. I couldn't test if these buffs also work with legendary bonus but I assume they do.

So in a perfect situation (5 x orange pets, Striker/Controller/Leader companion summoned with 3 x rank 14 bonding runestones), the player gets 1 + 1.95 x 1.2 + 0.31 x 1.2 = 371.2% of the shared power.
    Post edited by artifleur on