test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why GF

Hello
At first apologize for my English. But I hope everyone understands what I mean.
I play this game 14-16 months, I lost few kk AD for other char like GWF/SW etc. but 90% time spent in the game i spent with my GF tank/buff. Now maybe it's not the perfect character but i have 13k gs without bondings. I still have something to improve on my GF, but I don't see much difference anymore. It doesn't matter anymore if i will have more defense, hp or recovery. Now is enough. Also sometimes in game I meet player (DPS) who treat GF/OP like necessary evil. I wonder if it makes sense to continue playing GF. I like play like defender with KV and buff but sometimes it's boring. Maybe better options is making dps and maximize statistics. Pls tell me why you like play GF with high GS and after a long time spent with this char dont want change it.

ps. i dont have enough time and AD for play GF and other DPS.

Comments

• Options
    masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I like helping guildies, alliance runs. And everyone likes a good tank. Pvp is very fun for a good geared, well played GF. Also, imho, GF look the sickest. But that's just me. Played tank role in every mmo I've tried. Another perk is it is so easy to get into groups ;)
  • Options
    jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    You are right all ppl still looking tank on que or in enclave. But you dont think sometimes is boring? I think dps class have more fun.
  • Options
    It can be, once you reach the point of being able to handle everything the game throws at you. But I'm always looking to experiment with different gear setups, stat allocations etc. Since the loadout addition, I am having fun building Pvp set, or pve dps set. Now while I admit I will never dps as hard as other classes, it is fun to jump into groups and try to dps stuff. Knights challenge is fun to play with, trying to balance hitting hard enough and surviving the double dmg. I am slowly leveling some alts, but mainly to get other class sigils. Who knows, maybe one of those will pique my interest to further progress that alt to something more.
  • Options
    fingolfin#9928 fingolfin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I never get bored while running my
    Gf because there are simply too many scenarios you can get into and gf's adapt pretty well to almost anything the game can throw at you. Plus I'm interested in the actual rpg in the game and the synergy between the different classes. It's one thing to run with gwf and completely other to run with an hr.

On the other part of your question: dps classes can be pretty boring as well. Namely gwf's which despite their incredible dps capability have only 1 or 2 good rotations.

So what I'm trying to say here is: play the class that feels most natural to you.
  • Options
    Fingolfin brought up a great point, group synergy. The right makeup can make or break runs, or at least make them easier or tougher. It is always fun to find that right group and nuke everything in sight at record pace .
  • Options
    asterfarwell#5559 asterfarwell Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    jackharper,

Listen to your heart. If you are unhappy playing as a GF, then try to find a class that makes you happy.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I'd echo to listen to your heart when it comes to sticking to a class. Most people including myself don't have the time or real money to support more than one character so it's best to focus on the one you love most. If you are finding GF boring then it's probably not for you.

After playing all the classes I love GF the most. It's just so damn flexible. Solo tank, support/dps, great synergy with OPs. You can customise your difficulty too by lowering your defenses and rely on blocking skills and carrying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor teams (since you can dps a fair bit and tank without a healer with the right abilities)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".