test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FBI without a DC?

manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
So I tried FBI last night with guildmates, we didn't have a DC and we could not get past the Dragon Turtle. The party was GF(me) 2 SW (one was templock) GWF and CW(don't know his spec but most likely not MoF). I was using Tactician so I was wondering if I used a Protector loadout would that have helped or is it pointless at our item levels without a DC? I don't know if this is common but almost no one in our guild plays a DC, at least during the times that I play. My alt is a DC, not FBI ready but yet but even so when I switch to the DC we don't have anyone to tank :pensive:

I'm at around 12.5K and the rest of the party was the same or a little lower, maybe 11.5K. I usually died from his steam breath after he went into the water the second time so I probably should have turned off KV during that time. It didn't help that my dancing shield disappeared twice during those phases and you only get a second or two to resummon while he is coming back on the iceberg AFTER he's done steaming us. One time I died after he took his second swim in the water and came back, snapped at me and one shot me even though I was pretty sure I had my shield up. Is that snap attack an AoE so maybe I took extra damage from my KV?

Some times I can't see what the boss is doing, on my screen they aren't moving at all for several seconds but in reality he was about to slam us, or about to do that multiple snapping attack. I'm pretty sure it's because 1 or 2 people in the party have Aboleth set, which is really annoying. Bosses like this one and Orcus don't seem to do that crazy dance from the Aboleth set, they are just frozen on the screen for several seconds at a time.

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    I've done it with a SW healer and no DC, as a conqueror, before they gave us the extra 30% resistance, and without bondings.

Survivability isn't the issue, the mechanics are. If you don't use KV during breath and nobody hits the turtle with runes, team will wipe so thats worse. If people stand too close under turtles arms, he will build too many stacks and kill you regardless of healing and buffs.

Aboleth set also does cause some issues. It would be even worse during Drufi fight I reckon.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Ok cool, I'm still a little weak with only rank 8 enchants but will get better after next 2XRP :o

We didn't know exactly where to stand so I think they may have been standing too close under the flipper because he would slam 3 or 4 times per "phase" before jumping into the water. I was worried about standing too close to his mouth or too far away, wasn't sure about that either.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Being perfectly honest I'm unsure how to prevent those slams. I heard rumors that tank has to be at his face all the time.
    This is mostly to give him a primary target for the Steam attack that's supplemented with Slams.

From what I heard the more Steam attacks he make the less slams will occur. But bear with me, this is not 100% accurate.

If you have like 8/9 stacks you will wipe - period. The damage he makes will kill everyone including shielded tank.

I was in the run few days ago, we had no DC and Turtle was our blocking part of the run. Finally a DC came in and we made it with less of an issue.

This is more about damage than mitigation. If the group lacks the DPS you will have so many stacks that it will be impossible to live long enough to kill the freak of nature.

As for the KV, you're a tank so you really should never turn it off.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Slams happen more frequently for sure if people are standing too close to flippers. Then regardless of that he two scripted slams when he comes back from first swim. As for low dps groups, as long as you're standing away from the flippers, it is very much possible to do still. In fact yesterday I was in a group that dpsed so slowly, the turtles slam stacks expired by the time he was dying.
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Me with OP Devotion + GF with KV in party can survive 10-11 turtles stacks. I use Feytouched ench, Rust monster, Chicken, Shield of faith and Bane for incoming damage mitigation. I did many runs without DC. Its perfectly doable, but with DC it si much easier.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    A DC's Anointed Army is boss. Will mitigate so much damage for the entire party and heal afterwards. Usually on my runs ill avoid steam blast during normal phases by hugging him on the attack. Im not one hundred percent on it but I sometimes wonder if defender companions trigger his slam. But typically, ill see 4-6 slams on a run, which doesn't seem to excessive. What is strange is I cannot mark him, nor does ET soft mark him, so I never really can tell who he is aggrod on unless I see his head turn.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    I was always under impression that he is marked, just the mark is not visible. There are so many debuff icons on the boss that I'm unsure is the mark even there :)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    I hear ya. I mark even though I cannot see it and its even worse on ps4 where it doesn't show all the buffs/debuffs.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Thanks for all the feedback, It was probably all the stacks of slam that was doing us in based on what you guys are saying. I believe we were at 8 stacks when we couldn't hack it anymore and people started dying. Again, it was just me on GF and rest of party was 2 SW, CW, and GWF so not much help to mitigate damage. That's why I was thinking maybe Protector spec with the capstone may have helped.

So if party is standing too close to flipper he will slam more? I still don't know what to say about the steam breath attack he does from the water when you are trying to hit him with the runes. I have no stamina to to put my shield up so after I ended up dying once during this phase, but does this attack do more damage when he has more stacks of the slam as well?
    I believe all his attacks are buffed with the stacks. Been one shot by his snap/bites before. I believe proper group composition is key. As for the 2nd phase, I usually watch him swim around, it seems to me hell pop up near that travel path. Ideally ranged dps should knock the runes into him. Another instance a DC is very helpful.