test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The lack of quality rewards is still an issue.

defiantone99defiantone99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,634 Arc User
Can we get real rewards from running dungeons, skirmishes and trials? This has been an issue since Mod 6. The key changes were made with a promise of better rewards, this never came to pass. There was one week after the key change where you could get some okay drops, this was soon reverted. No matter what content you run, you are bound to come away from it missing a key and feeling robbed.
DEFIANT "Where Yesterday Has Been Exiled, Memory Is Rebellion." "The state of ruin is essentially a temporary situation that happens at some point, the volatile result of a change of era and the fall of empires. Ruins are a fantastic land where one no longer knows whether reality slips into a dream or whether, on the contrary, dream makes a brutal return into the most violent of realities." #ITMFA

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Well, things have to change. What is telling is that those who unlocked the new dungeon last Monday quit running it once they could no longer get any more Seals of the Brave for the week. That should not happen, there should be reasons to run BRAND-NEW content.

Go check preview feedback the satisfied testers "thanks devs for the boe items " thanks devs for the rank 8 drop from boss and chests as minimum".

When i saw thanks devs for the boe items i thought: oh nice all items boe ?
    Nope isnt that the case charm of serpent and whatever other dungeon would drop.

THE armors are boa so for what was the thanks devs?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    a lot of truth here but I'm ok with the mix of bound and unbound. it adds balance. frankly when everything good is so expensive I feel obligated to sell when I'm not bis on everything. the account bound lets me keep without thinking sheesh that would go towards this or that.. I"d like to see no more bound to character drops and only bound to account and binds on equip.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I spent a fair chunk of AD a few months ago getting a couple characters up to do the newer dungeons, but I just can't find the motivation to bother running them. It doesn't seem like it's worth the time or effort to get a group together and actually run them.

Also, nothing should ever drop or come out of a box bound to character ever again (I'm looking at you, refinement stuff!). The only things that should ever be bound to character are items that character has actually equipped, and obviously not always then either.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    I did got the Bloodstained Shi(r)t from EGWD few days back, I actually farmed for it and needed it for my toon.
    It's this rare occasion when you have "YEAH!" moment opening the box.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Maybe the devs should add a 5% chance to get 10, 20 or 40 enchanted lockbox keys and a 'Golden Oldie' a choice of Purple Armor reward (one of 2 Head, Torso, Arm or Feet items). Also, replace the lockbox drops, after 1/encounter, with extra unbound refining items instead of extra lockboxes.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I have 6 chars, with an IL, to enter SP, FBI or MSVA. One 16k+ and two ~15k IL, the rest between 13 and 14k.

I did run SP once. I did run FBI, to unlock MSVA and to help a few friends. I did run MSVA until I had my legendary main and offhand and do run it now and again, to help out a group looking for a MOF CW or a DC for half an hour.

If I do more, then my dailies and professions, I que/ group for VT or SOT. These are not the best/most fun dungeons, but I could run them solo (sometimes it feels this way in public que) and still have a better time/ reward ratio, then all of the new dungeons.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

Right now, SOMI fishing is still the best way to make AD and progress your toon.

Nop. Its not.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

Ya, I am not sure why every run can't be a YEAH! run, instead of every 50 or so runs.

Guess these times are long gone and we will never feel the same as when we've farmed out hamster off to complete a set.
    This is specifically said about running "mod" dungeons.

Those who remember know what I'm talking about.

Those were rewards, and feeling that an actual drop is worth something (sometimes A LOT) and that it's an actual upgrade for you. This alone made me log just at the Dungeon Delve event mark to go out with friends and farm these dungeons.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Agreed. I remember getting the HR bow in the old CN and sold it for 1M AD. Everything should be BoE. It seems like it would be much easier to code that than having so many bind categories.
    I aim to misbehave
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Honestly I think the one thing they should do in more master's dungeon's is similar to what you see in Illusionist Gambit!

It's one of the few Skirmish or Dungeon's you can actually get 1-2 Peridoe and 1-2 Aqua depending on the RNG + the Companion Gear at the end. I know sometimes you see the odd boss in VT, ETOS or CN drop a Peridoe but you're lucky if you get just 1 maybe in 5 or more run's although they can also drop extra salvage in addition to what's in the chest.

I just think depending if it's a Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 dungeon they could add a little Refinement Item's in addition to any companion gear or salvage offered.

I wish only they'd consider a very rare drop in Tier 2 or Tier 3 dungeon's that might even see a return of LOYAL Companion Gear even IF it were to remain Bind to Account on Pickup before updating to Bind to Character so they can't be sold but have to be earned by the player having completing the dungeon. o:)

That's my suggestion.