test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Version: NW.85.20170711b.10

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance can be found here.

Comments

• djinnrandjinnran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Does this mean that T-rex fangs will appear as a drop for HE's all the time?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    So nothing on the borkt fishing?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    Companions no longer have lower stats than they had prior to the release of Tomb of Annihilation.

I take it this is not THE fix everyone is most interested in being resolved?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    oh would you look at that not one thing about the game causing players with nvidea drivers to crash non stop, not even a we're looking into this issue nothing. so that means i have to put up with this HAMSTER forever? well then
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    RIP TR's with another nerf!
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    time2011 said:

oh would you look at that not one thing about the game causing players with nvidea drivers to crash non stop, not even a we're looking into this issue nothing. so that means i have to put up with this HAMSTER forever? well then

I run with NVidia Drivers. I do not crash in Neverwinter, nevermind non-stop.

I'm not saying you don't, but suggesting that you look at the issue with clearer eyes. For example, have you narrowed it down to a specific card/driver version?
  • zghondizghondi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    was that an other Nerf for TRs ???
    yeah, I'm an nvidia user as well and I don't get any crashes using v384.94
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    litaaers said:

time2011 said:

I'm not saying you don't, but suggesting that you look at the issue with clearer eyes. For example, have you narrowed it down to a specific card/driver version?
    i have the latest drivers and stil this game HAMSTER me over, its only happened since mod 11b and will not relent

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Companions no longer have lower stats than they had prior to the release of Tomb of Annihilation.

I take it this is not THE fix everyone is most interested in being resolved?

This is not the fix for the multiple Legendary Companion stat bonus fluctuation issue, no. This fix is on companions whose stats lowered when ToA was released. Their actual stats, not the stats some give to the player.

thanks for the clarification.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Played a bit last night and i have to say THANKS for the new drop system on T-Rex Fangs, i was afraind that it would build some large groups to farm those fangs, but i worked pretty well so far really tks for the change, now i can hunt and have fun doing that !!

tks for the change, with this change Hunt system feels really fun (for me at least) and with the new weekly haul, this mod is the best i've seen (i started to play after IWD release) even beter than RD, Tks for the nice mod and fixes so far !
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2017

An attempt has been made to prevent Spli-ti from getting stuck in an unsummonable state.

Spli-Ti is bugged now on all maps.
    Need to move a little bit the summoning stone, the bug is due to the loot are droped out of the map (in the black cavern) when the boss is killed.

Thanks,
    Brew.
    Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Hi. @nitocris83 ,
    I was away from game like 10/12 days ... I back to game, and found interesting thing..
    There where done sneaky Warlock changes..

In past No Pity, No Mercy: worked

No Pity, No Mercy now also lowers the target's Damage Resistance by 5% for the duration of its effect.

Current :

Yet no official message, neither patch notes toward these changes where done.. Nothing...

Such sneaky nerfings are not appreciated.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    edited August 2017
    etelgrin said:

I can't really understand whats the case in your post @bloodyspamer cause the english is so poorly written in there but on the probably only one thing I could agree with you is that SW needs a damage buff to compensate for massive tyrannical threat nerf on which all SWs relied upon, and fix for MF/KF that never things got boosted up enough to be on par with other striker classes.

The problem mostly is, that Devs did sneaky warlock nerfing..

About 10 days ago due personal reasons I where away from neverwinter..
    Yesterday back and notice that my templock performance become terrible..

Read last 2 patch notes, no changes toward SW where done.. So did some checking whats going on.

So eventually found that My offhand feat got reworked..

Lot of SW played don't even use this class feature and offhand feat, so no one notice.
    However it's class feature which I use for my build..

The problem is that,
    Old version = reduced targets/enemies DR by 5%..
    Current version = increase damage taken by 5%...

<

At first glance seems big win,, after all you get 5% dmg increase toward affected target.. Yet, dmg output reduced up
    to 15%.

Also I used Greater dread enchantment, which also had< DR reduction feature..

Old greater dread:
    Your Encounter powers strike with an additional 75% Critical Severity. Your attacks cause dread in your target for 4 seconds, dealing 50% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage every second and reducing their Defense by 40% for players and decreasing their Damage Resistance by 4% for monsters.

And current version:

Combined old Dread + old offhand feat NPNM = 9% DR reduction.. And it was nice performance dmg wise,, even in fact giving up hellish rebuke DoT.

Now with same offhand feat, + greater dread enchantment I get effect; 9% dmg increase toward enemies I hit.

Sounds good. But, even with 5% DR reduction i gaining over 10% dmg increase.. <

Current:

Now lets see what Lose over all in these changes..

Old Greater dread provided 4% DR reduction + NP,NM offhand feat 5% DR reduction = 9% DR reduction capability..,

Compared to current combo effect 9% dmg increase toward target I still lose 18~28% dmg .
    AS temptation warlock my healing depend on dealt dmg, so losing 20% healing. <

And worst thing, is that where done in silence, no notification, no information. Just sneaky nerf.
    I even start wondering , what else have been done in such sneaky acts...

@mimicking#6533 , @nitocris83 , @strumslinger , and other Cryptic members..
    Question worth billion,,

If u hate warlock so much.. Why you keeping it in game at all? Why don't cut this class? . Maybe enough of warlocks trolling with nerfings..

p.s yes I am in bad mood,,
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    "No video found" when i click on that YT link...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

I can't really understand whats the case in your post @bloodyspamer cause the english is so poorly written in there but on the probably only one thing I could agree with you is that SW needs a damage buff to compensate for massive tyrannical threat nerf on which all SWs relied upon, and fix for MF/KF that never things got boosted up enough to be on par with other striker classes.

I think these changes can be explained by reading this:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231982/official-feedback-thread-m12-armor-pen-and-damage-vulnerability-debuff-changes/p1
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gotfloundergotflounder Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Is there a list of Corsair Keyboards that work with the lighting or keyboards that don't work? I'm sure not all models of Corsair keyboards are affected by the lighting
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    What was todays patch about?
    @etelgrin I quoted you but the explanation was really aimed at @bloodyspamer 's complaints about "ninja nerfs".

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited August 2017

@etelgrin I quoted you but the explanation was really aimed at @bloodyspamer 's complaints about "ninja nerfs".

And this thread is just offspring from pvp balancing thread. In total 5 pages long, and there mentioned that developer want to make buffs/debuffs more transparent.

However,< Nether preview neither live server patch notes contain any details about done changes related toward warlock.. Only toward TR<.

Actually technically I could simply spam support service with complains and reposts that NP,NM work wrongly and it's glitch/bug, because no changes where mentioned within path notes for live server.. <

And we play in live not in preview(test) server..

Anyways,, Don't think devs care it anyways. SW will get attention from them only when other nerf will be presented..

And I actually curious how much more devs can nerf it. The class which can compete with half eaten >Can of tuna< in term of dps :)
    Gustave Le Bon.

Changes were made to all debuffs, not just in PvP and not just to TRs. They fall under the blanket of
    In addition, damage vulnerability debuffs have been made more consistent as well.
    from the Chult release notes

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Changes were made to all debuffs, not just in PvP and not just to TRs. They fall under the blanket of

In addition, damage vulnerability debuffs have been made more consistent as well.
    from the Chult release notes
    Yup, and many places where it used to say "reduces damage resistance" or "shreds defense" got reworded to "takes more damage".

Allegedly the scale of each debuff wasn't changed. But all debuffs did get changed to fall into a single bucket with a higher cap than before (unlike how it used to be with capped vs. uncapped being separate), and have steep diminishing returns applied once you get over +100% or so.

So all debuffs got nerfed a bit on the high-end, especially uncapped debuffs. But this is not class-dependent (although some classes are much more debuff-heavy and were therefore impacted more by diminishing returns / cap increase)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    litaaers said:

time2011 said:

Well I know a few even with AMD video card's have it like one in my guild but mostly Nvidia; it was reported in XBOX forums people on XBOX saw this effecting them as well shortly after PC saw it. I also don't think it has anything to do with the driver's cause I downloaded the latest early July date mid June shortly after the problem started back on June 22nd 2017 patch. It did not correct the issue.

Oddly enough it DOES NOT seem to effect Star Trek Online, which implements similar Direct3D support. I wonder what changed around June 22nd as it was the day after that patch I first saw this.

Microsoft suggests the following explanation and I don't know if they've also extended their working team with Nvidia to include Microsoft as this also seems to effect some XBOX users as well.

Reason:
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
    0x887a0006

Source: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509553(v=vs.85).aspx
    --Note for link to work will have to copy & paste into your browser the full URL.

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

@nitocris83
This discussion has been closed.