test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Talisman of the Loyal Avenger

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1222533/pc-gateway-closing-down

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Talisman_of_the_Loyal_Avenger
The Talisman of the Loyal Avenger is a Companion Only talisman that is a reward from a Tier 6 adventure in Sword Coast Adventures.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sword_Coast_Adventures
Sword Coast Adventures was a gateway mini-game introduced with Patch NW.10.20131211a.7 on December 19th, 2013.
Cryptic officially announced the Gateway closing down as of Thursday, September 15th, 2016.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10161142-gateway-closing-down

In AUCTION HOUSE the Talisman of the Loyal Avenger is too expensive !!!
I need Talisman of the Loyal Avenger but I can't pay 7 millions of astral diamonds.
Is there a way to drop it since Cryptic officially announced the Gateway closing down ?

Since Cryptic officially announced the Gateway closing down, I don't know the way to obtain a new Talisman of the Loyal Avenger in game playing.

It's impossible to pay millions of astral diamonds, don't you agree?

Cryptic officially announced the Gateway closing down as of Thursday, September 15th, 2016!!!!
The Gateway was THE ONLY WAY to obtatin the Avenger stuff.
Why there is some people still having the Avenger stuff to sell not binded ???????????
How is that possible ?? They sell the Avenger stuff at unacceptable prices!!!!

Thank you very much!
MAGO@gigalens#6466

Comments

• gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    The Gateway was THE ONLY WAY to obtain* the Avenger stuff.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I seem to remember there was an alternate companion set available from a specific lockbox. Think they were Adorable items. You could look on the AH for these, or try your luck with the appropriate lockbox.

Alternatively, I believe there are companion items available through skirmish's. (don't know much about these though, sorry).
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Srly?
    People can sell theese thing at AH for any amount of ADs they want. You dont wanna pay so much ADs? Than dont do it.
    You need good companion gear? Go and play Gambit Gold.
    And ofc there are some people they got avenger stuff unbound. Its very rare on the server, but some ppl still got them. What a funny thread.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Unbound Avenger stuff??? That would be handy. I've got a ton bound on my main, but virtually none on my alts.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Why there is some people still having the Avenger stuff to sell not binded ???????????
    How is that possible ??

They are smart? Most likely, they are just lucky. Be glad you can still buy them. If they were cheaper, then they wouldn't be available at all. So pony up the money if you really "need" them. Or find alternatives.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There are 2 separate issues. One is that the Gateway was removed for *Reasons* and thus the gear became impossible to attain except from other players. The other is that Cryptic declared the LA gear OP and doesn't want it put back in the game. Thankfully existing gear hasn't been nerfed but don't expect to see it ever return barring some complete shift in the Dev team.

They gave us IG gear instead and finally have made farming it less obnoxious though still a grind. It may not be as good as LA but it is what the studio wants in the game. Existing unbound LA is super expensive because demand is super high and supply extremely limited. This is just how markets work.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    I'd pay 7m per piece without flinching if I could get these on PS4.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    We are expected to use what we have or what is available to us. Illusionist Gambit is the current path toward decent companion gear. Another option would be using the newer rings on your companions.

The current rings are almost as good as the avenger rings were minus arm pen.

Avenger gear is not NEEDED to complete the current content, but is still desired.

I look forward to it not existing on the AH anymore, but it'll never be forgotten!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited August 2017

How is that possible ?? They sell the Avenger stuff at unacceptable prices!!!!

Because they bought tons and stock them up.
    They can sell whatever price they want to.
    Any discontinued item that people considers there is value has high price.
    If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
    They are not must have. It gives you at most another 500 stat. For 7 million, you can get more somewhere else.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Deliberately ignoring the sarcastic answers...
    I hope that nobody knows how to cheat... to have unbound LA gear continuosly...
    I know that a lot of people know how to cheat a lot of things ingame, unfortunatly.
    edited August 2017

I know that a lot of people know how to cheat a lot of things ingame, unfortunatly.

As far as I know, there is no cheat on this one. People had ton of them. They did not sell it. They kept them in mail system, etc. That was in the era that the AH mail (with what you bought) stays in the mail forever. I still have stuff which I bought 3 years ago in mail. There are also old players coming back and they have stuff in their inventory. I know a person who had may be a hundred (misc. loyal gear) and only only spit out one once awhile when she needs some AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

As far as I know, there is no cheat on this one. People had ton of them. They did not sell it. They kept them in mail system, etc. That was in the era that the AH mail (with what you bought) stays in the mail forever. I still have stuff which I bought 3 years ago in mail. There are also old players coming back and they have stuff in their inventory. I know a person who had may be a hundred (misc. loyal gear) and only only spit out one once awhile when she needs some AD.
    I still have unbound Loyal gear.

It was really cheap back in the day, and it seemed like a good idea to stock up on it for future alts. Then when the gateway first went down there was a buying spree as people who realized it was the end of the gateway snatched up the unbound gear from the AH and watched the prices skyrocket over the following weeks.

No cheats involved, just prudence and patience. It is pretty messed up that they took it away and it doesn't drop anymore... it created an artificially low supply driving prices skyward. But there's some truth that it was overpowered in design.

To be frank, I think that they should have bit the bullet and just rolled out comparable gear (instead of the 99% garbage that drops in IG). I suppose with the way power creep is going by Mod13 or so we'll start seeing replacements with similar stat distributions and double offense slots, and so the Loyal gear will slowly fade away and go the way of the Mod6 sets (but without being castrated)
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    The Avenger gears are always the most expensive among the Royal gears, even before the Gateway was shut down they were not cheap in AH at all. That is why not many players had them. They are not bind unless you wear them. I still have a few in my inventory but I do not intend to sell them because they are the best gears that you can get for your pets anywhere.
  • tstrong21#4991 tstrong21 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Since we are demanding that auction house prices set by players be lowered by Cryptic, can we also please lower the prices of the Swift Golden Lion? I want one.
    Thanks to PLASTICBAT, DUPEKS, LOUCHRISTAN for their answers.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I seem to remember there was an alternate companion set available from a specific lockbox. Think they were Adorable items. You could look on the AH for these, or try your luck with the appropriate lockbox.

Alternatively, I believe there are companion items available through skirmish's. (don't know much about these though, sorry).

Medium & Large Stronghold Skirmishes have a CHANCE to drop companion gear. small chance.

spideymt said:

Srly?
    People can sell theese thing at AH for any amount of ADs they want. You dont wanna pay so much ADs? Than dont do it.
    You need good companion gear? Go and play Gambit Gold.
    And ofc there are some people they got avenger stuff unbound. Its very rare on the server, but some ppl still got them. What a funny thread.

The gear from IG is HAMSTER. There are several better alteranatives to it.
    Hamster it may be... but that IS what the Devs came up with to replace Loyal Avenger.

pitshade said:

There are 2 separate issues. One is that the Gateway was removed for *Reasons* and thus the gear became impossible to attain except from other players. The other is that Cryptic declared the LA gear OP and doesn't want it put back in the game. Thankfully existing gear hasn't been nerfed but don't expect to see it ever return barring some complete shift in the Dev team.

They gave us IG gear instead and finally have made farming it less obnoxious though still a grind. It may not be as good as LA but it is what the studio wants in the game. Existing unbound LA is super expensive because demand is super high and supply extremely limited. This is just how markets work.

I have had better luck with the SH skirmishes med. & Lg. for comp gear. It does not drop often, but when it does it is always purple.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I am using a SH Crit/Def ring on my GF and have gotten some other decent ones, except they all have 1 Defense and 1 Overload slot, so the DPS characters and clerics don't really need them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Or, make personal accessories (ring, belt, neck). Combine stat is 792 to 866, one offense and one defense slot.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

You know a lot of ppl they know how to cheat? So...? What have you dont to stop them?

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I used to have a guild bank tab full of loyal gear. I mailed it away for free 5 pieces at a time when I needed the space. I'm kicking my HAMSTER for that now lol
    reg1981 said:

I used to have a guild bank tab full of loyal gear. I mailed it away for free 5 pieces at a time when I needed the space. I'm kicking my HAMSTER for that now lol

Ouchies.

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    stop wasting your time on avenger pieces from ah, they are expensive because u cant get them any longer, basicly ultra rare item
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    by now bis companion is sellsword/coin artist , ig gear +4 is account bound after you equip it
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    arcanjo86 said:

by now bis companion is sellsword/coin artist , ig gear +4 is account bound after you equip it

For those unsuccessful at farming IG gear +4 the next best bet is SKT rings (from Seal Vendor), but in this case you must have Con Artist instead of Sellsword, so you trade an Offensive Slot for a Defensive Slot to get more accessible gear.

EDIT: there's also the problem that the rings have Offensive/Defensive slots while IG +4 are Offense/Offense or Defense/Defense. That's the cost for those not willing to grind Illusion's Gambit for endless hours.
    Ty all buddies :)