test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T-Rex Fangs - Add Teamwork to Chult

124»

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Fully agree with @rapo973 here above. And the drop rate of items to buy 2-star lures from 1-star hunts is too low. I killed 7 times the Fang of Dendar and never got the 2-star lure. I understand that it should not always drop but now it's a pain.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    My GF dont have hunt quests because of that, on him i'm going for dungeon and boons only, for hunts i'm using a gwf,
    anyway this only work because i have 3 toons over 12k (since im' plaing since IWD release)

For people that only have suppert toons a party is the only solution, ofcourse you will need to find reliablle companions to do that, so you need friends or guildies...

I have helped a few tank/clerics on the matter but i could feel that they where not happy, i mean they feel like they where a burden to other players because this system... even being much faster to hunt with buffs and heals or tanks...

anyway i feel the developers pain on this matter is really hard to balance this stuff...

PS. this luck in never on my side and i neve get the single item i want from my hunt, lots of goblin killer ring already and a trophy for 2tier lure but not the helmet i seek, when yu guys will drop the random effect and placve a system like Epic demogorgon twisted inchor up again ???
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    So, atm we finished more than 700 ( idk Exact amount, maybe there is more than 1k)
    Every day all 5 members of party make min 10-20 lures (sometimes more) and still nothing :D:p
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I have not been able to really engage with the hunting mechanic- I tried but it doesn't seem like I should even bother :| All of my mains are support. (DC/CW MOF/GF) ~ I'm just regulated to leeching totems from my friends and passing on all the loot because I hate fishing and maps due to the massive time sink involved. Fishing seriously makes me feel like I'm in time out. I wish I would not have spent my totems to open any of the hunts because as long as split-ti is bugged there really isn't any point hunting KoS and it seems like it would take a small army to kill the thing anyway.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

hunting KoS and it seems like it would take a small army to kill the thing anyway.

Yes. You need some ppl. And it was told in patchnotes.

• docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I feel like you live in a fantasy world.
    The fact you like to see people play in a cedrtain fashion doesn't make it so.
    Give me a game mechanic and I give you thousands of players who will look for work arounds. Your dreams and intentions might have certain reasonings. This however doesn't make it true for the playerbase.
    There are plenty of players not joining a Guild for various reasons, same there are lots of players who don't team a lot due to various reasons.
    Yet your game mechanic forcefully wants to put them into a game style they don't like.
    It often seems you want to bring a certain group and playstyle into the game but never care to ask the playerbase if they want such mandatory uniformity.
    spideymt said:

hunting KoS and it seems like it would take a small army to kill the thing anyway.

So, if I'm not in a party with the dps with the highest numbers that is there when I summon/kill KoS- provided I ground everything out and use a lure-- If something drops from the boss I'm out of luck in getting anything? Have I missed something? If the party rolls on what drops or if another someone happens upon us and kills it that is not one of the 5 people I have in my party when loot is decided I get squarely nothing for the hours grinding out each piece of the lure. I get grinding- I mean I unlocked all masterwork and failing that a billion times was soul crushingly disappointing. But this? Nah. It doesn't seem fun to me at all. None of the gear from the new dungeon seems worth while to my main class outside of a couple thousand hps and +100/200 more stats. The Rex Corona is the only thing I could really use as an upgrade but.. this grind is beyond tedious. I just want my dungeon unlock and boons and I'm out unless something changes and makes hunts not impossible to get even low level drops.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited August 2017

spideymt said:

So, if I'm not in a party with the dps with the highest numbers that is there when I summon/kill KoS- provided I ground everything out and use a lure-- If something drops from the boss I'm out of luck in getting anything? Have I missed something? If the party rolls on what drops or if another someone happens upon us and kills it that is not one of the 5 people I have in my party when loot is decided I get squarely nothing for the hours grinding out each piece of the lure. I get grinding- I mean I unlocked all masterwork and failing that a billion times was soul crushingly disappointing. But this? Nah. It doesn't seem fun to me at all. None of the gear from the new dungeon seems worth while to my main class outside of a couple thousand hps and +100/200 more stats. The Rex Corona is the only thing I could really use as an upgrade but.. this grind is beyond tedious. I just want my dungeon unlock and boons and I'm out unless something changes and makes hunts not impossible to get even low level drops.

This was exclusively for the T-Rex not hunts. Hunts are dropped for the person who activated them, and their party. Also a change just went live for the T-Rex, so now everyone gets a fang.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

spideymt said:

This was exclusively for the T-Rex not hunts. Hunts are dropped for the person who activated them, and their party. Also a change just went live for the T-Rex, so now everyone gets a fang.

Thanks for the info! I'll give it another shot this weekend to see if I can actually make progress <3
    --

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl

I have already done more than 200 hunts with my group. And we did not get anything! +1 +2 rings, sometimes +3 and even less often +4, a lot of Purple items that no one needs anymore.

Every day 2-4 hours of HE farm. A lot of time for grinding mobs to get a components for hunting baits.
    And like a result = NOTHING!

How long people need to do this for +5 ring?)
    Dungeon farm with random +5 rings was more interesting because of Astral Diamonds from dungeons.
    And hunting looks like a waste of time.

update atm we finished more than 500 hunts and still nothing.
    Killed t3 boss and = +1 ring :D
    Thank you for the feedback. I have been looking into the rewards that were setup for hunts, and we will be making some adjustments and improvements to the system. We agree that the payout, particularly for the higher ranks are not worth the investment. We will be making adjustments to all tiers, but the changes will be most significant for the King of Spines. Chiefly, the King of Spines will drop all varieties of hunt rings, but only +4 and +5 rarities, so your likelihood of obtaining a +5 ring will be dramatically higher from the King of Spines.

These changes are currently in test and will be rolling out during next week's update, at which time I will discuss the improvements in a more in-depth manner. Although it's frustrating, as I know many of you will gain access to the King of Spines next week, I wanted to give you all the opportunity to save any lures obtained between now and the update in anticipation of the changes.

Changes will still be coming to 1 and 2 star hunts, but they will be less significant. Considering the relatively higher frequency with which they can be run, you can probably safely continue running them in the meantime. Particularly with 1 star, there will be no adjustments to the rarity of +5 rings, so if this is your goal, you can safely continue running 1 star hunts.

One final note I would make is that, keep in mind the hunts offer a manner of obtaining very high item level equipment without needing to queue for anything, you can bring as many or as few players as you want to a hunt. As such, we don't have any current plans of making hunts a significant source of astral diamond or refinement farming. The overall payout will improve as a result of adjustments, but I just want to set expectations. If there's nothing you want from the hunt to use on your character, then don't feel obligated to hunt. Additionally, we look forward to groups challenging hunts with as few members as possible!
    Hi @asterdahl , I have been testing the changes, it seems that only TRex is dropping for everyone that participates on the hunt. Right now drop from batiris and crabs is shared with the party so at most you only get one trophy.

Similarly, the spawn rate on TRex is pretty good (and we got a third spawn too) but batiris doesn't respawn frequently, although crabs seem to respawn more than batiris but less than TRex.

Finally furious batiry drop rate seems unchanged or only increased by a very little amount.
    Just for clarification, from the patch notes (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10608104)

Hunts
    • All players who engage in combat with a rare monster will now have a chance of earning a trophy when it is killed, regardless of the damage they deal to the target.
    • When players engage a rare monster in combat as a group, all players will now have a chance of earning a trophy when it is killed.

@asterdahl This only seems to be true for the TRex,, all other rare mobs drop one hunt item at most and it goes through need/greed roll. So I'm not sure if patch notes are wrong or if hunt patch is not working as intended.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    If you're rolling on the item, that indicates you're in a party. The note was more likely applicable to players who are not grouped but are attacking the same mob (for example, support players being griefed out of drops by "help" from DPS).

Assuming things are working, anyway.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited August 2017

If you're rolling on the item, that indicates you're in a party. The note was more likely applicable to players who are not grouped but are attacking the same mob (for example, support players being griefed out of drops by "help" from DPS).

Assuming things are working, anyway.

Not proof or anything, but I have "stolen" rare monsters from people on at least 5 occasions now where they have dropped items for me, but not for the person I stole them from.

EDIT - although it's funny because they tend to both drop a trophy when I steal, so, as a kindhearted person, I can give them one in a trade (secretly confirming that they didn't get one as a drop)

Right now, all basic hunt (rank 0) seems to be working as originally implemented, that is as @darthtzarr says. You can steal and be stolen, and at most is one hunt item per hunt.

Fortunatelly, for hunt 1 and superior the drop is only for the invoking party.

Unfortunately, as Spli-Ti is still bugged, there are members of a known guild (no, I can't post the name as that would go against the forum rules) camping on Spli-ti invoke zone and they bug the instance if anyone that is not from their guild invokes Spli-Ti.

Anyway, after some "extensive" testing we have moved from TRex fang being the limiting factor to Venomtail poison being the limiting factor now. After 79 pools of scorpions, only 8 of them were Venomtail, and only one dropped the hunt item :(

nisckis said:

Right now, all basic hunt (rank 0) seems to be working as originally implemented, that is as @darthtzarr says. You can steal and be stolen, and at most is one hunt item per hunt.

Fortunatelly, for hunt 1 and superior the drop is only for the invoking party.

Unfortunately, as Spli-Ti is still bugged, there are members of a known guild (no, I can't post the name as that would go against the forum rules) camping on Spli-ti invoke zone and they bug the instance if anyone that is not from their guild invokes Spli-Ti.

Anyway, after some "extensive" testing we have moved from TRex fang being the limiting factor to Venomtail poison being the limiting factor now. After 79 pools of scorpions, only 8 of them were Venomtail, and only one dropped the hunt item :(

Except for Split-Ti being bugged, the possible "teamwork" improvement to other rares, and the unique items flag on trophies (lures is fine to be unique, but trophies are not), this is one of the most fun and rewarding systems currently in Neverwinter, and I will be playing it solo and with my friends until 12b comes out. I even have hopes that the system will be continued in future mods.

There almost should be a bottleneck of sorts in this system. Having T-Rex fangs be relatively easy allows you to worry about T-Rex fangs after you got the venom, which in turn makes the drop rate of Hedetet lures similar to the drop rate of Venom instead of the combined chance of drop rate from T-Rex and Venomtail. This also technically facilitates the unique trophies, but again I do not like how trophies are unique regardless of it facilitating them better.

Except for Split-Ti being bugged, the possible "teamwork" improvement to other rares, and the unique items flag on trophies (lures is fine to be unique, but trophies are not), this is one of the most fun and rewarding systems currently in Neverwinter, and I will be playing it solo and with my friends until 12b comes out. I even have hopes that the system will be continued in future mods.

There almost should be a bottleneck of sorts in this system. Having T-Rex fangs be relatively easy allows you to worry about T-Rex fangs after you got the venom, which in turn makes the drop rate of Hedetet lures similar to the drop rate of Venom instead of the combined chance of drop rate from T-Rex and Venomtail. This also technically facilitates the unique trophies, but again I do not like how trophies are unique regardless of it facilitating them better.

Yes, you are right, the hunting system is pretty cool and fun and I do like it too :blush: From my point of view, once it is polished it will be amazing.

Maybe having a greater drop rate of lures but lower drop rate of salvageable items (so hunt does not become a main source of AD), except for KoS which seems hard enought and only the invoking party gets any drop, would make the hunt system more enjoyable.

Another non exclusive way could be a merchant that exchanges lures per tokens, and the items can be bought BtA with those tokens.
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    Hello! One more time!
    @asterdahl

- We finished ~1500+ t1 hunts and now we have 1 +5 ring ^_^

Too many purple equip on t1 and t2 hunts. Better increase DR of rings and decrease DR of armor pieces.

Send lures to mail is very annoying. >_<
    It's impossible to trade without disgust to this system.
    This thing with "unique" items is worst part of hunt system - please remove it. Give us the opportunity to have many lures in our inventory. Please! :'(:'(

If you will fix mail - this will kill hunt system. Farm for weeks to kill 1 time KoS and obtain +4 ring. No thx.
    This will kill trade too. Coop farm too.

- 3 times KoS.
    New drop is very good (2 items + 1 ring) but we had +4 rings, so idk what to tell about rings... but i think that after 7-10 times we (our party) will have all items from KoS. So the main question is drop rates of +5 rings.

- Split-Ti is still bugged =( thats why we can't do KoS more often.

- New T-Rex fang drop rate is awesome. 1-2 hours of farm fangs with guild is very funny. Thank you!
    Now players can cooperate for farm and have good rewards.

- In party players still roll 1 fang for all members. This is a bug, if I understood correctly. So all players need to go to farm without party.

- Drop rates of other parts of lures (no fangs of T-rex) are good. Not too much but not too low. So you can farm them for yourself or for trade.

And few more momments:
    - ring of curse bringer is too OP for PvP.
    - trapper's damage in PvP is terrible low.
    - Will you change TR's Shadow of demise work in pvp?