test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fed Up

radix4257radix4257 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 190 Arc User
Cryptic gets cudos for setting this mod up so you do not have to play every day. Then they completely blow it with all the blasted ambushes along the trails. It has gotten impossible to go from one place to another without getting knocked off of your mount several times and having to fight the the ambushers. So I have decided that I will no longer go into the jungle and just do the port tasks, rewards are just not worth dealing with the ambushes.

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    The mobs spawn at the same points, after a little while you know where they are... And, usually, those places have routes that are usually wider and you can avoid aggro if you stick to the edges and move fast. You still get attacked at some place, but it ain't so bad, and you can escape even those if you're fast enough.
    FrozenFire
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    you never understand people they ask for hard content and you give them what they want then they complain about it if you are annoyed of ambushes it means you are most likely undergeared or a support class just gear up a bit more before you go there it's not place for fresh levle 70 and if you are the second just group with some DPS there is alwayspeople willing to group with others for dailies and stuff
    and on a side note if you get used to route of appearance of mobs u will likely avoid them also if you want less ambushes go to instance with higher number of people most mobs u will find dead there
  • jsmith#3214 jsmith Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Cheer up buttercup, if you don't like being ambushed there is ton of areas just for you ;)
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Do it as I do. Run as fast as you can.Change characters when you are surrounded by too many mobs
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    What Port Tasks are these and where do I find them?
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User

you never understand people they ask for hard content and you give them what they want then they complain about it if you are annoyed of ambushes it means you are most likely undergeared or a support class just gear up a bit more before you go there it's not place for fresh levle 70 and if you are the second just group with some DPS there is alwayspeople willing to group with others for dailies and stuff
    and on a side note if you get used to route of appearance of mobs u will likely avoid them also if you want less ambushes go to instance with higher number of people most mobs u will find dead there

This has nothing to do with content being hard. I personally am a BiS HR, I literally cast 1 Plant Growth and what ever attacking me dies. It does get rather annoying when you are "speed" farming hunt mats or totems and you are getting dismounted all the time. It was cool and funny the first day now its just meh....

I have found that it is just better to complete a quest out there and let them kill you so you respawn next to the fire in the camp to turn the in the quest vs running all the way back across the map. Which mind you is extremely hard to do with my build considering I can pull 5 packs on top of me and AFK. They will slowly kill themselves on my deflect dmg and my self heals with wilds medicine and from deflect nothing out there can kill me.....

"The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    This mod has improved massively on the daily/weekly phenomenon imho. Many thanks to the devs responsible. Mobs that ambush are just part of the theme and the initial response I had was "nice, it feels a bit like Jurassic Park". Similar to how the mobs were very close to each other in Sharandar it's just part of the map and mob build. Personally I like it. It's probably a matter of opinion on this element but I honestly don't think it's a bad design.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The dino's are an easy fight, the ambush mechanic is just plain annoying.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

I would suggest a Barkshield enchantment and a fast mount to avoid as many ambushes as you can.

Zero damage still stops you, it ignores the damage requirement.

And to Herald, only an extremely vocal small minority ask for hard content (it's well known that the forum population is unrepresentative of the playerbase as a whole in MMOs), and this is not it anyway, it's merely annoying. Being chain stunned/knocked down for 10 seconds before you can execute a single power as a melee character is not fun particularly when it ignores your power that theoretically should prevent it, getting ambushed, unhorsed and not even being able to get my guard or determination off for the next several seconds is just silly.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Use the river when you can to get from point a to point b if you are having issues. I cannot understand how anyone can have issues once they know where the dinos are hiding...ce la vie I guess.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Barkshield will stop you from getting dismounted. However the effect isn't just an attack, it rubberbands you back to the spot where the game decided you would get hit and holds you there until the hit happens. This beyond ridiculous. Are the dinos equipped with tractor beams?

Now the Barkshield will stop one attack, but somehow the dinos can somehow 'Surprise Attack' you multiple times so you might get hit again. This still won't dismount yoh because Bark regenerated 1 charge, meaning only 4 hits registered. However, I've found that if it does it twice it may well do it a third time which will make you faceplant. So if it pops me the second time, better to just attack and avoid the fall.

Personally, I hate the mechanic. It doesn't make the zone more challenging, just more tedious. If you can't handle those dinos, you won't stand a chance in the Yuan Ti area or the perpetual battle in the Batiri camp.

Beyond that, it seems badly coded. Beyond the tractor beam effect, likely latency, the is also the fact that they can do it repeatedly and even more absurd they can do it even if you attack them first! This 'feature' needs a lot of work even if you like the idea.

The heightened aggro zone should also not be used on mobs near quest objectives. Having dinos that close to other mobs should lead to them fighting like SH mobs sometimes do, rather that dinos and undead teaming up against the player.

That said, use the river as much as you can, even if you have to go through the SoMI intro to get a boat.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    Sorry, but I've thought from the beginning of MMOs that the "mob train" is a problem. The Devs spent a lot of time and resources creating this content, and to assume that just because you have a fast mount you have the right to skip over 90% of the map is ridiculous IMO.

The dinosaurs are the only mobs that have the increased agro range, and they're all relatively simple to kill... Learn where they are, attack them first, kill, remount, and move on.

People training mobs because "it's faster" is more annoying to me than having to stop and fight three or four short battles on the way to my destination.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    arabatur said:

The dino's are an easy fight, the ambush mechanic is just plain annoying.

I pointed this out when it was still on preview. The speed of your mount doesn't matter, either: I get knocked off when riding a legendary mount. It's very rare that you can outrun them, usually when someone else aggroes them before they can reach you. It is indeed hugely annoying.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Please state your opinion, ideally backed by facts, and allow others their opinion as well. There's no reason to attack someone else's opinion.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

I would suggest a Barkshield enchantment and a fast mount to avoid as many ambushes as you can.

Zero damage still stops you, it ignores the damage requirement.
    Ambush does stop me without dismounting me due to Barkshield's damage mitigation. For the most part, I can get moving again before enough hits land to dismount me, but not always.

I have learned where most of the ambushes are by now (at least, along the common routes) and give the ambush points a wide berth. I almost never get stopped by an ambush anymore.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    I have 2 characters that are in the jungle. One is a GWF and one is a TR. Both have the same epic mount speed and SH speed boon. I learn the area a bit better now that I can try to avoid the amush. However, my TR does significantly better than the GWF. My TR has faster movement. He can out run even although he also draw aggro. He is fast enough that I can stop and look back to see the dino are coming and then run again. Hence, I think speed does matter. Of course, I could be wrong.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Not sure if this helps, or is true all the time, but I've noted that I avoid ambushes more frequently when I don't have a pet trailing along - either run the trail w/o a pet or use only an augment if you have one while passing through the jungle.

And I don't mind the mobs, as they do drop greens I use to refine in the moment or blues I save for 2X RP events, plus other stuff that can be converted into AD on the AH.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User

on ps4 so my question is will i be able to do what i do in sharandar?
    i.e. ride to draw mobs then when several use steal time then opressive force to get from 20 to 50 kills?

Oppressive Force, then Steal Time. The debuff from OF makes ST far more effective.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I use max mobility items and artifacts plus ring of ambush... I can outrun all ambushes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Personally, I like the challenge. I've been out of game for 6 months and returned to find content that makes me actually PLAY the game, not autopilot it. I now have 3 mods (4 if you count SKT) to catch up on, so no shortage of activity to hold me over to mod 13
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Also generally speaking LOSE your companion if you are doing anything sneaky. I used to sneak up on relics in Bryn Shander without a companion and you can get really close and harvest the node without disturbing the mobs MUCH more easily if you dont have a companion around. Obs really/
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

you dont know if he asked for harder content, did he?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    dinos always have bigger aggro circles they can sniff you, try mud bath to hide ur scent :wink::smiley: its so funny, and i play as cw its frustrating but adds the feeling of a chultan jungle
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Barkshield will stop you from getting dismounted. However the effect isn't just an attack, it rubberbands you back to the spot where the game decided you would get hit and holds you there until the hit happens. This beyond ridiculous. Are the dinos equipped with tractor beams?

Now the Barkshield will stop one attack, but somehow the dinos can somehow 'Surprise Attack' you multiple times so you might get hit again. This still won't dismount yoh because Bark regenerated 1 charge, meaning only 4 hits registered. However, I've found that if it does it twice it may well do it a third time which will make you faceplant. So if it pops me the second time, better to just attack and avoid the fall.

I find the moment these raptors pull you back and you are still mounted , the best way to escape is jump like crazy away from them
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits