test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Companion Bonus Bug

hiddenginja#2174 hiddenginja Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
This bug has been confirmed by multiple players,

The bug is this, when you have multiple legendary companions (some say +3), the legendary buff which should be constant whilst your companion is summoned is instead fluctuating constantly. And I mean constantly. To the point where being at 100% crit chance instantly goes to 95% or lower (depending on companion stats) and it starts to suck, because it doesn't instantly return back. I've had moments where it hasnt returned by stats to the correct amount for over 20 minutes, this includes dismissing and resummoning. Why the issue is happening I honestly don't know, but this mod brought a new armour pen cap, and alot of people including myself use companions to reach the new cap, so when im in the middle of a fight and this bug decides naaaaah lets take that away, it really sucks.

I've just read through the latest patch notes to go live and the companion bug wasn't even noted under known issues. So thats well over a week with no acknowledgement at all. If someone would kindly acknowledge at the issue its noted and being worked on that would be great. Because those patch notes include not even a mention of it.
Post edited by hiddenginja#2174 on

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    A Dev commented on this in the "mod 12 stat drop" thread in general topics section.
  • hiddenginja#2174 hiddenginja Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Thanks ill go check it out :)
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    this is the right place to post the report please link the other post here so they report stuff faster,

to add i have 3 leg companions and my crit chance fluctuates between 83.1% to 86.8% , btween these fluctuations it has a huge cooldown time @asterdahl please report/fix this, im working on getting my last 2 companions to legendary and dont want to waste AD on something broken that doesnt give the player what is suppose to give.ty.
  • yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I thought this problem had been fixed two patches ago. Until this problem is fixed I believe it would be better to remove the tooltips to avoid other players make my same mistake.
    Thank you for the work you are doing and for this wonderful game.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017

I thought this problem had been fixed two patches ago. Until this problem is fixed I believe it would be better to remove the tooltips to avoid other players make my same mistake.
    Thank you for the work you are doing and for this wonderful game.

Not sure where you read this was fixed, for it has not yet been. If you're referring to this patch:
    Companions no longer have lower stats than they had prior to the release of Tomb of Annihilation.
    Then I'm afraid you misunderstood. That fix was about companions' stats that were lowered when ToA was released. Not about having multiple legendary companions' inferred bonus status upon the player not applying correctly.

Thank you for your quick and kind help Zebular. Will try to switch to epic companions in the meanwhile.
    Thanks again.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    no wonder why people are telling my cw damage sucks on FBI, And MSP, this fluctuation sucks
    Yeah they still havent fixed it sadly.
    edited August 2017
    arcanjo86 said:

no wonder why people are telling my cw damage sucks on FBI, And MSP, this fluctuation sucks

I am a CW too. What IL and how many legendary companions do you have? For me going from 1 to 4 has been a disaster with DPS in FBI and MSP.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Just going from 1 to 2 has randomly given me less stats than just with one. So, for now I just use one.
    edited August 2017

arcanjo86 said:

I am a CW too. What IL and how many legendary companions do you have? For me going from 1 to 4 has been a disaster with DPS.
    The difference isnt that much :L Even with 6k power on your companion and 5 legendaries, thats only a 2k power loss when it fluctuates. 5% damage bonus isnt going to make people comment on your DPS when you have DC's and OPs buffing you. Its not going to be noticeable.

You might have problems elsewhere on your build. Worst problem about this bug is crit and armpen, but even then at max companion stats its not going to affect you to the point where people are saying your DPS sucks.

The difference isnt that much :L Even with 6k power on your companion and 5 legendaries, thats only a 2k power loss when it fluctuates. 5% damage bonus isnt going to make people comment on your DPS when you have DC's and OPs buffing you. Its not going to be noticeable.
    You might have problems elsewhere on your build. Worst problem about this bug is crit and armpen, but even then at max companion stats its not going to affect you to the point where people are saying your DPS sucks.

My builds were exactly the same before I upgraded from 1 to 4 legendary companions. I lost about 10% dps in FBI where max resistance ignored needed is 60% (and I have 90% when bondings proc, more than enough for Mod12). I have a little less than 100% crit, but it is 100% when buffed. The loss of DPS has been very noticeable to me. 10% means something between 50 and 150 million in endgame dungeons, two bugged cws can lose 300 million.
    In my case nobody says my DPS sucks (and I wouldn't care anyway). But noticing a 10% drop after spending 4M and not being able to easily go back hurts a little.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! We're still chasing this issue. I don't have specific updates but wanted to let you know I'm escalating info that comes in.
  • curseandracurseandra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Bump- still waiting for this known issue to be resolved so mechanics work as advertised in official patch notes dated 7/24/17 (!)...
    "•Legendary companions now give 16% stat bonus (up from 15%). ◦Each additional active Legendary companion now gives a stat bonus half the size of the previous one. Examples below.
    ◦Two active Legendary companions: 16 + 8 = 24%
    ◦Five active Legendary companions (Max): 16 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 31%"
    ...time is of the essence and does matter...thx
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Is this still a problem? Was going to finally upgrade my companions until I came across this.
  • bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    6k power and 14k hp drops off my DC if i have 2 and has been like this for 2-2 1/2 months now. i thought it would be a relatively easy fix even if it was hey sorry we got to take it away for a little bit wile we fix it.
    this is like alot of the other issues. some have been going on for years still no fix... on the bright side tho as seen from zeb and nito they are working on it and know about it, just dont know why it is happing. maybe just give us a buff and at 2 stacks it = 24% and 3 stack = 28% ect vs the hidden attempt to stack it kinda like plague fire or break the spirit or vip, current guild weapons ( wait think they are broken to ). but at this point a work around vs a real fix mite be in order i mean the bonding stat nerf is going to hurt bad enuff without this still being a problem to.
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    We're having some trouble reproducing this on our end, but we *are* working on it. See the giant October bugfix thread (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234964/official-feedback-thread-october-bugfix-month) for details.
  • alphablaze22alphablaze22 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Thanks for explaining. I've been seeing my stats fluctate as well and didn't know what was going on. I was summoning and resummoning my legendary Alure stone and I couldn't pin point why my resistance ignored and critical chance where waving up and down
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    OK, prolly a stupid question but: i have 5 legendary companions and would like to know which companion in the active companion list contributes the 8%, which the 4%, etc? I have moved them around and am unable to determine. Or am I just feeble.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • redgrundredgrund Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    16+8+4+2+1= 31% stats of your summoned companion goes to you, so it doesn't matter in what order.