test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game performance issues 8/2

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
We are looking into reports regarding game stability (disconnects, lag, etc.) across all platforms. Reports are varied in terms of severity and experience with some players reporting no issues to players reporting inability to play. We will provide any updates or news when available.

Comments

• smoove31#2656 smoove31 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

We are looking into reports regarding game stability (disconnects, lag, etc.) across all platforms. Reports are varied in terms of severity and experience with some players reporting no issues to players reporting inability to play. We will provide any updates or news when available.

I went threw castle never with both chest keys and neither chest was able to be open. Did not glow and customer service didn't give me any type of constellation prize .Why keep VIP .....?Smh.

• heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

i have reported several crashed either due to out o memory while creating index buffer or just plain old crash

and the lagg spikes in the new zoone isn't helping out specialyl with mobs range of aggro i can't find any solution to my crashing each 4 hours but this mods it's reduced to 2 hours=1crash

please help this is making me unable to play specially when doing a lot of dungeons :)

much appreciated and hopefully i'll be present in traven community stream tomorrow

Have A Nice Day :)
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    On PS4, about the first 10-15 minutes the lag is horrible, skipping, freezing, rubberbanding and then it starts to smooth out.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • jonsnow#9810 jonsnow Member Posts: 1 New User
    What is up with servers on xbox?
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I cant log in atm on PC

- my bad, think its my dying PC
  • draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    My Xbox is saying that it can't sync with the last save.
  • spyshadow1spyshadow1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My suggestion to everyone who is experiencing problems to work backwards toward the game. I mean by this is simply follow a step by step process...check your internet...check your console/pc....check the underlying programs (ie xbox live)...than check the game itself comparatively with your friends and guild mates.

issues don't always have to immediately be due to the game especially when others are saying things are working fine. xbox is always a little bit wonky sometimes...just saving everyone a lot of grief by suggesting they do a good analysis before posting up that the game is broke lol.

• klzfcklzfc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    If it helps, I'm using a GTX 960 in Windows 10 and have been crashing a lot since last Tuesday ( beginning of MOD12). The constant crashes have all happened in the new areas (the Port, or one of the quest instances like the pirates). If it is crashed, I have to force close the crypticerror.exe service to log in again, and have experienced times when multiple crashes in a row occur before I have a stable connection into the game again. Several times, it was when I tried to talk to the bartender to look at the food options. During these crashes, the game may crash before I even get to the Character Selection screen before popping up the same error.

The error appears to be similar to what was reported over the last few weeks (device removed errors). Currently, I am running in Windowed (Maximized) mode and the screens has a black screen with just the pointer for about 20 seconds just before it exits with a crash. Not sure if there is anything else that I can grab and send that might help.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    On PS4 the issue still happening
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Before the new expansion and patch that followed I could play all day long and not get a crash. here lately however I do, I crash to the desktop with a nice white box asking me to explain what happened. I am 100% sure its not the computer system or anything on my end. How could it be? The game ran fantastic until the expansion and patch that followed.
    I do not normally post but it does get annoying. For me however the issue seems to happen when I switch to my alt. if I load the game up login to my main I get no issues but when I switch to my alt and play a bit yep crash to desktop.
    cant explain how why or what happened. I just know maybe this game hates my alt?
  • entropy#7953 entropy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    First it crashes my NVIDIA cards (on all 3 computers), then it crashes the computer to a black screen where nothing works... total shutdown is all there is. Drivers are fine, every other non-Arc/Cryptic game is fine. From last release things worked for a little while before the crashes, then day before yesterday was fine... after the small patch on the loader that came in after that, the NVIDIA systems go down before it can finish loading the zone or within 10 seconds thereof.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    It is virtually impossible to log in at the moment. Never encountered such a severe problem before:
    - mostly login works, then redirects for more than 1 min and then times out and disconnects
    - if redirect works, character selection screen loads and hangs (character descriptions and pics missing), times out and disconnects
    - if I finally manage to see a character portrait and attempt to log in, the loading screen hangs, times out and disconnects
  • mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

It is virtually impossible to log in at the moment. Never encountered such a severe problem before:
    - mostly login works, then redirects for more than 1 min and then times out and disconnects
    - if redirect works, character selection screen loads and hangs (character descriptions and pics missing), times out and disconnects
    - if I finally manage to see a character portrait and attempt to log in, the loading screen hangs, times out and disconnects

same to me
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Closing this up as this thread was for a different issue last week that has since been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.