test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.85.20170711b.9

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10601054

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Nice list. Any chance that someone could take a similar look at how the various griffon mounts tilt? For example, if you ride your griffon through the tunnel just west of Knox or through the south tunnel of Ostram's villa in the River District, it alternates between walking only on its front legs and only on its hind legs. It seems that it doesn't handle narrow places well.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    be nice if they had any kind of answer about the relentless crashing that will not stop no matter what. that'd be worth it
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The Griffon also tends to cant forwards when stationary, like its forelegs are buried in terrain. I notice it by Harper Boward a lot.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Relic Armor in the Seal Store now properly binds to account instead of binding to character.
    Armor purchased before this update will unfortunately remain bound to character.
    Hmmm...what about the rings...don't really care about the relic armor

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    and Spli-Ti is bugged for another week, at least. :(
    Lots of good fixes, though. However, does this make the Lion splash area larger or smaller? Making it larger would be very bad.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

The Griffon also tends to cant forwards when stationary, like its forelegs are buried in terrain. I notice it by Harper Boward a lot.

In River District in the courtyard with quest givers right before the south exit does that all the time. I even screenshotted it once for my collection
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Not just the Griffon. I get thay with the smaller (gilded or painted) spider mounts as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It would really be nice is someone from Cryptic would acknowledge the requests about binding status on the rings, even if only to tell us what we don't want to hear.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Pfft, I'll log in to preview and check when I get home if it'll make people feel better.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    On preview: The rings still bind to CHARACTER, not account. @asterdahl you said that was going to be fixed? @nitocris83 can you get us a timeframe on when that's going to be fixed?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Once restored, is it bound to character or does it retain it's account binding?
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Ah it's not a new mod without a TR nerf
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    That was not really a nerf... it was a bug fix

And a bug I never abused so I don't care about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    fixing Spli-Ti should have been a hire priority than repairs to the new dungeon. We are a couple of weeks away from accessing Tomb of the Nine Gods. We are already being impacted by the Split-Ti bug and next week we unlock tier 3 hunts we can't access because we can't get the trophy from the Spli-Ti hunt to do the associated tier 2 hunt to get the trophy we need for tier 3 hunts. Also none of the promised fixes for trex drops implemented this week?
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I noticed there's no mention of a fix for missing 'red' areas for certain attacks, like the falling rocks in Lair of Lostmauth, for example. Could you guys do a pass on the red indicators and fix them? For several months now, many ground attack indicators have been pretty horrible at doing what they're supposed to do: indicating attacks. Seems uneven ground/flooring is a problem or contributor as I routinely see the area around the death spheres in CN get obscured by uneven floor tiles. Hati in FBI is also a major offender here, where his poison breath attack doesn't show the full way across. Lastly, the Flamehexes in River District and Master Spell Plague have been broken since at least Shroud of Souls (11.5). When they die, there's no ground indicator at all of their death explosion.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2017

That was not really a nerf... it was a bug fix

And a bug I never abused so I don't care about it

Could they fix the ton of bugs that affect us negatively?
    The weapon enchants scaling badly or not triggering on our encounters.
    Shadow of demise not triggering on a lot of encounter and also not taking into account damage done by our buffs.
    The stealth breaking while dying after activating lurkers bug that has been around for years.

Edit: Also the bleed needing to be reapplied to get the bonus from Orcus and other similar buffs.
    Post edited by reds351 on
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Ring of the Curse Bringer: This item's effect now properly respects control resistance.

How about the yuan-ti control powers doing the same thing, it is just mega frustrating being stunned/controlled through determination then unable to use determination again till I zone.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2017

and Spli-Ti is bugged for another week, at least. :(
    Lots of good fixes, though. However, does this make the Lion splash area larger or smaller? Making it larger would be very bad.

Bad how exectly? AS of now its so bloody small your party needs to hug you to get shield hp -_- I miss half of the time trying to save someone's hide in dungeons =( Sure a hell hope they didnt make it even smaller. Defeats the purpose of getting it for my tank few months ago
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    No fix the new hunt items to sellable in AH and we can get two or more same items in our inventories....
    ridiculous...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Devs position is very clear (add teamwork to chult thread in feedback) - neither gonna happen =) Works as designed & intended...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    No fishing fix? You guys know that it is mandatory to fish if we want to get rewards from SVA and with all those (even double) resets of catching progress/loosing of the controls for no reason whatsoever it is even more annoying obligation than ever before.
    Post edited by rikitaki on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2017

No fix the new hunt items to sellable in AH and we can get two or more same items in our inventories....
    ridiculous...

That one as intended unlike the unlock king of spines hunt rank3 in two weeks like you did ....

• salmistrasalmistra Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hello. Gwf with 1 legend companion. GWF stands and companion fights, critical strike still 28800, but with 5x legend companion critical strike fluctuates between 27900 - 29500.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    To the folks complaining that "their" fix didn't make it in and think "their" fix should have been worked on first. You need to realize some of these fixes were probably done weeks ago, or were at least being worked on well before your bug was even known. They have also said that in some cases they will work on multiple easier fixes first, then try to tackle the trickier/intense ones.

I understand that some of these bugs suck...I don't disagree. Things sometimes take time and the company sometimes have different priorities. You just have to relax.
  • bsrielbnwn3bsrielbnwn3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Are the admins and everyone else in this company in the habit of simply ignoring people's questions and concerns?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Are the admins and everyone else in this company in the habit of simply ignoring people's questions and concerns?

yah pretty much

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2017

ridiculous...

That one as intended unlike the unlock king of spines hunt rank3 in two weeks like you did ....

+1 so now you want to sell your rank3 lures lol : D
    screen shot or it did not happen
    @nitocris83
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1233382/accessing-tier-3-hunts-and-t9g-already
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User

ridiculous...

I did not unlock anything.
    Why star 1 hunts drop star 2 items without unlock epic hunt in campaign? :D:D:D Blame cryptic mate.
    And ofc this has nothing to do with what I say.

Need we can sell trophys items in AH.
    And ofc need we can have more from one trophys and lures in our inventories.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
This discussion has been closed.