test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign Buyouts Updated!

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
Adventurers have embarked on numerous campaigns deepening their wisdom, hardening their soul and building their courage! For those who wish to catch up and become one of these heroes, we are expanding our campaign buyouts!

Campaign buyouts are available to purchase by any player that meets the level requirement. These buyouts now provide a tradeable token which can be used to complete the given campaign. A campaign buyout token can be used if a player meets the level requirements and has any non-repeatable task in the campaign unfinished.

Buyouts Available

Campaign Buyout Bundle- NEW – Requires level 70 and will only give you a token for all of the following campaign buyouts (only the Elemental Evil without the Level Boost is given in this bundle).

Elemental Evil Campaign Completion - NEW - Requires level 70. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Elemental Evil Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

[TEMPORARILY DISABLED] Elemental Evil Campaign Completion with Level Boost – NEW – Requires level 60-69. Will raise a character to level 70 upon purchase. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Elemental Evil Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

The Maze Engine Campaign Completion - NEW - Requires level 60. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Maze Engine Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

Storm King’s Thunder Campaign Completion – NEW - Requires level 70. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Storm King’s Thunder Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

Dread Ring Campaign Completion – Requires level 70. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Dread Ring Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

Icewind Dale Campaign Completion - Requires level 70. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Icewind Dale Campaign (except initial faction selection and black ice mining quests) and a pack of campaign currency.

Sharandar Campaign Completion - Requires level 64. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Sharandar Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

Tyranny of Dragons Campaign Completion - Requires level 60. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

Underdark Campaign Completion - Requires level 70. Provides a token which fully completes and unlocks all tasks for the Underdark Campaign and a pack of campaign currency.

YES!! thanks!!! now i can buy the last few things i need to complete storm kings thunder campaign... i was tired of the grind.

+1 thanks again!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Comments

• zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It is far too much money to buy all these tokens for these campaigns when you have many alternative characters. I have like 7 alternative characters which are all minimum 11k+ and it is just annoying having to do the whole Elemental Evil arc on each one (along with every single other one). I suggest that you guys do what was done in the Star Trek Online reputation system with Sponsorship tokens, where we pay for some in-game campaign-only token and once we do that we gain x2 extra campaign currency bonus to finish campaigns faster. And judging by how many campaigns we have now, not even x2 would do, maybe x4 at least because it is annoying having to do every single thing one-by-one just to get the boons for +30 item level boost. I'm never going to buy any of these over-the-top expensive campaign tokens, forget that - it is far too much!
    Post edited by zeatrex on
    Jixem: Your social one stop spot.
    STAR TREK ONLINE CHARACTERS
    DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: NEVERWINTER CHARACTERS
    "Sell, buy, communicate and share all on one site... A fully free service!
    - Jixem: My social website, check it out! -
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Why would you want to buy these, when it's more fun to play? Yes, some campaigns are a pain in the HAMSTER, but achievement demands attrition.
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Cause it isn't fun to play
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I find It fun going back To some old content i didn't play for Long time, with a different class (different gameplay)
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I can't stand sea of moving ice maps or missions. I will pay to not play these any day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    So we can purchase the buyout with real cash...but can we use the Genie's Gifts for Storm King? Everytime a new expansion comes out cryptic gives them to us, be nice to actually have something to use them on
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Something tells me that this has something to do with the new rumoured bard class, they will get a lot of zen purchases of the campaign tokens because who is going to want to do all the campaign from scratch.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    I will buy the Storm King’s Thunder Campaign Completion for my DC, next time there is a zen store sale.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    some dislike one campaign, some another, it's subjective
    generally i have no problem going through campaigns with a new alt
    some of it is even fun
    but being able to buy one or the other campaign (SKT! :D) is a good idea, thank you!
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    zeatrex said:

It is far too much money to buy all these tokens for these campaigns when you have many alternative characters. I have like 7 alternative characters which are all minimum 11k+ and it is just annoying having to do the whole Elemental Evil arc on each one (along with every single other one). I suggest that you guys do what was done in the Star Trek Online reputation system with Sponsorship tokens, where we pay for some in-game campaign-only token and once we do that we gain x2 extra campaign currency bonus to finish campaigns faster. And judging by how many campaigns we have now, not even x2 would do, maybe x4 at least because it is annoying having to do every single thing one-by-one just to get the boons for +30 item level boost. I'm never going to buy any of these over-the-top expensive campaign tokens, forget that - it is far too much!

I agree with you mostly - except most campaigns are nowhere near as grinding as STK. Not even close. I sold a Perfect Enchant I wasn't using to generate the Zen needed to buy the STK skip token for my main character - just for the boons, really.

I certainly won't do that for storage or secondary alts - though if a 50% off sale comes along (Black Friday / Cyber Monday, maybe) I'll think about it. And as others have noted - by then we will, hopefully, have a new class and maybe new race to play with.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @kemnimtarkas said:
    > It is far too much money to buy all these tokens for these campaigns when you have many alternative characters. I have like 7 alternative characters which are all minimum 11k+ and it is just annoying having to do the whole Elemental Evil arc on each one (along with every single other one). I suggest that you guys do what was done in the Star Trek Online reputation system with Sponsorship tokens, where we pay for some in-game campaign-only token and once we do that we gain x2 extra campaign currency bonus to finish campaigns faster. And judging by how many campaigns we have now, not even x2 would do, maybe x4 at least because it is annoying having to do every single thing one-by-one just to get the boons for +30 item level boost. I'm never going to buy any of these over-the-top expensive campaign tokens, forget that - it is far too much!
    >
    > I agree with you mostly - except most campaigns are nowhere near as grinding as STK. Not even close. I sold a Perfect Enchant I wasn't using to generate the Zen needed to buy the STK skip token for my main character - just for the boons, really.
    >
    > I certainly won't do that for storage or secondary alts - though if a 50% off sale comes along (Black Friday / Cyber Monday, maybe) I'll think about it. And as others have noted - by then we will, hopefully, have a new class and maybe new race to play with.

I will wait for a chult pack also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    zeatrex said:

I have 113 active characters total across 2 platforms and 3 accounts and I have no real problems with completing Campaigns.

100 have fully completed up to Mod12

13 have all but Storm Kings/SOMI and River District fully completed.

EE takes about 6 hours at the most with a Lv70 character to complete.

• rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    tgwolf said:

zeatrex said:

I have 113 active characters total across 2 platforms and 3 accounts and I have no real problems with completing Campaigns.

Holy hamster! Neverwinter is your fulltime job?

I have 52 character slots but haven't used them all... How can you friggin maintain 113 alts? You do 2 dungeon runs on each one every day + weeklies?
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The Storm King buyout does not include the ship and fishing rod and the 30% Everfrost resistance. (Also no relic weapons, so if you want those, you have to do the long introducing quests) So you have to do some quests still. I hoped I could go to sva right away, but sadly no.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    >
    > I have 113 active characters total across 2 platforms and 3 accounts and I have no real problems with completing Campaigns.
    >
    > 100 have fully completed up to Mod12
    >
    > 13 have all but Storm Kings/SOMI and River District fully completed.
    >
    > EE takes about 6 hours at the most with a Lv70 character to complete.

There is absolutely no justifiable reason to do this..no in game benefit anyways, so I really struggle to believe this. That said, I would be very concerned for you if it was actually true. This would be extremely unhealthy. In your own words, you have spent over 600 hours just on the EE campaign. To get 113 rooms through the other campaigns.....i can't even imagine.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I have one BIS CW and two alts (lv 60 DC/HR), 5 kids (made two) and a Hispanic wife...beat that!

Elemental Evil is a walk in the park in comparison.
    edited August 2017
    tgwolf said:

zeatrex said:

If you are going to lie, at least make sense so the lie isn't so obvious.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't think it's a lie, just represents a great deal more time than most of us are willing or able to put in.

No jab intended, but often someone with a disability that keeps them at home will have gameplay hours that read as really excessive to someone without that perspective, but that are normal for that individual.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited August 2017

I don't think it's a lie, just represents a great deal more time than most of us are willing or able to put in.

No jab intended, but often someone with a disability that keeps them at home will have gameplay hours that read as really excessive to someone without that perspective, but that are normal for that individual.

That is fine and to each their own. Just as long as this is kept in that perspective. IE "Campaigns are fine, if you have basically unlimited amount of time and an unlimited capacity to do repetitive things". :)

On Topic:: I'd like to see a PVP campaign buyout. I have no real interest in PVP, but IL is IL ;)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

zeatrex said:

If this is true, I think you are a bot. I am not saying you are running bot program but you, sir, yourself is a bot (or a super being).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Thus my "represents a great deal more time than most of us are willing or able to put in".

Although I honestly have very little difficulty with completing earlier campaigns naturally with little effort (ToD issues resolved with the drastic cut to Linu's Favor requirements). The most recent campaigns have also made a sincere effort to be less intense in requirements, particularly if you're not chasing equipment and just want boons.

I still find SKT and SoMI grueling. It's not so much the dailies, it's getting and keeping permission to do dailies. Any time I try to dip into those zones with "new" characters (only "new" in the sense of "haven't attempted this yet, or gave up a while ago"), ennui sets in rapidly.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    tgwolf said:

zeatrex said:

Ironically as someone who has something like 10k hours of being logged in, I'll just say, that this is nothing to be proud of. On the contrary when cutting grass with clippers is a better contribution to yourself and to society than the one in the example (after few thousand hours you could say you mowed the lawn), I wouldn't tell a living soul about that excessive occupation. Or this is more like: "I can tell you what I do all day, but then I will have to kill you"...
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    whats more dissapointing is that once u started a campaign the tokens wont complete that campaign , wich sucks because game forces you to finish it
    arcanjo86 said:

whats more dissapointing is that once u started a campaign the tokens wont complete that campaign , wich sucks because game forces you to finish it

This is no longer the case. If you have any non-repeatable task in a campaign incomplete, you can buy it out.

It matters less with ToD than it used to though, because they reduced the Linu Favor requirement a lot.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited August 2017

If this is true, I think you are a bot. I am not saying you are running bot program but you, sir, yourself is a bot (or a super being).

I play Neverwinter 16 hours daily, and I only have seven characters and by the time I run all their dailies I already wasted about 13 hours, and this is doing the dailies alone and not mentioning the times I decide to help someone in a dungeon run. So yes, this guy is full of HAMSTERS.
    zeatrex said:

I play Neverwinter 16 hours daily, and I only have seven characters and by the time I run all their dailies I already wasted about 13 hours, and this is doing the dailies alone and not mentioning the times I decide to help someone in a dungeon run. So yes, this guy is full of HAMSTERS.
    Running campaigns to completion and then stopping is nothing compared to trying to do all the dailies every day forever. I have a lot of campaigns complete on a very large number of characters. Most of them don't get played on a daily basis at all. That doesn't prevent them from having completed a number of campaigns through my own efforts.

I'm not saying it's something that most people would or could do, only that it looks feasible to me as an outlier case.

And the devs shouldn't be basing their design on outliers.

Neverwinter Census 2017