test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[XBOX] Paladins need a buff in PvP

sirloin#0935 sirloin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2017 in PvP Discussion
Protection paladins in pvp need a dmg buff fast. They do essentially no damage. Compared to the guardian fighter they get destroyed. Even with full pvp gear and almost all boons I still will get shredded. Also, the fact that I do no damage on top of that is absurd. Paladins in pvp need to be scaled better damage wise. All they can do is tank. When a gf can do the same thing by tanking but also do rediculus damage it makes the paladin irrelevant. Plese give the paladin a dmg buff for pvp. In my opinion they are the worst class in that game mode bc why have a paladin when you can have a gf who is clearly the supperior defense class for pvp. Gf's do more dmg and have way more cc. Paladins are essentially useless in pvp. The only thing they have going for them is that they are tanky.

<font color="orange">Mod edit: Removed all-caps from subject. Added XBOX prefix, removed an irrelevant tag. Moved to PvP Discussions.</font>

Comments

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    You obviously haven't met zartax on xbox. He will straight up murder almost anyone in the game with like a 150k daily and 30k melee swings. Pallies and GF's are supposed to be offensive classes. And you cant compare your damage to a GF that's just insane they are wayyyyy to strong. But yes pallies are supposed to be really tanky and virtually un -killable.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Protection paladins in pvp need a dmg buff fast. They do essentially no damage. Compared to the guardian fighter they get destroyed. Even with full pvp gear and almost all boons I still will get shredded. Also, the fact that I do no damage on top of that is absurd. Paladins in pvp need to be scaled better damage wise. All they can do is tank. When a gf can do the same thing by tanking but also do rediculus damage it makes the paladin irrelevant. Plese give the paladin a dmg buff for pvp. In my opinion they are the worst class in that game mode bc why have a paladin when you can have a gf who is clearly the supperior defense class for pvp. Gf's do more dmg and have way more cc. Paladins are essentially useless in pvp. The only thing they have going for them is that they are tanky.

Mod edit: Removed all-caps from subject. Added XBOX prefix, removed an irrelevant tag. Moved to PvP Discussions.

@saiyajin videos prove a properly built and played OP is not something you can mess up with.

Here he destroys a higher level GF (at the end of the video watch his gear, he shows it, do that and try not to delete what you wrote on your original post xD)=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG4dU-UUF6E

Here he runs as OP in premade vs premade=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ObnXG1m470

Look at his perfomance and tell me what you think about it. Imagine how that toon is going to be once everything is at rank 12, mythic and legendary quality (saiyajin is still gearing that toon up and learning to use it so I'm pretty sure he will become much more powerful once he masters the class). Oh and he will eventually get a lion too, all that adds up so good luck killing him!
  • dandello#8818 dandello Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Buster O'Mittens on PS is a Pally that is near unkillable and does some crazy damage. When built properly they can be crazy.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    No they don't. A bis paladin if built correctly can do almost as much burst damage as a bis gf with a ridiculously high hp pool (over 300k) and the added bonus of being damn near unkillable (if played correctly) unless heavily debuffed. The only thing they lack is a stun lock or slow move that gives them the time on target they need to unload all this dps. If paired with a cc class though they are pretty ridiculous. Op please do some research in the future before making threads like this.
  • nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I bet the op is wishing he/she had just headed over to the Citadel for help with PvP rather than creating this post...
    Yesterday I was solo q'ing and got matched against a player that overwhelmed and absolutely destroyed my GF in way only 1 very powerful combat HR did some weeks ago and yes, it was a protection OP. At first I couldn't believe he could do that by himself but combat logs proved me wrong (yes I checked combat logs when on campfire xD), basically whenever I put my shield down to do anything I would get hit by several Aura of Courage ticks that were in the 18k + - 24k + range, I saw 1 - 3 that spiked up to 28k +, on top of that sacred weapon procs were hitting me for around 17k on average, then I saw it, I saw it thanks to combat log... guys was using plaguefire xD Had he used a trans fey he would have killed me even faster. He was somewhat squishy but had a ton of hp and Lay on Hands so I just couldn't drop him, I was lagging hard too though lol.

Anyway, my point is, anyone who has fought a properly built and played OP knows their damage output is something you can't laught at, let your guard down (as in getting carefree, not only GF with guard down lol) for a moment and you'll be sent to the campire very very fast, guaranteed ;) Control the OP so you can at least survive him (stalemating) or just work with your team to neutralize him.

Original poster, you may most likely be running with silveries on your offense slots and what not, try to build your toon differently and you'll see you'll deal good damage in pvp.
    nickjdowe said:

I bet the op is wishing he/she had just headed over to the Citadel for help with PvP rather than creating this post...

This, so much this lol.