test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earthquake animation while riding a T-Rex is annoying

neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
The T-Rex is a wonderful mount. I love it. But when I ride it, the screen shakes, like when there is an earthquake effect. But constantly. This is annoying and it is also a bit painful for my eyes, when the screens shakes fast all the time.

It would be great, if that could be changed.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Does it stop if you turn off screen shake in your options?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    It does 0_o Pity i kinda love screen shaking effect just not when riding. Ty didn't release the option would help =)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I think screen shake is good for atmosphere on quests, but I absolutely hate having it trigger all the time. (I think it was @torontodave who made a foundry quest where he specifically requested people with screen shake disabled turn it back on to experience his creation properly.)

Some other examples of disruptive screen shake:
    Fire archon death gets old fast anywhere that you have to battle many archons, like Karrundax dungeon, or Kabal minion areas.
    Planting seeds at the Tree of Life in PE doesn't just shake the screen for you, but for everyone in that instance. This is far less prevalent than it used to be since it's old content fewer people actively run now, but used to be very bad.
    Likewise, summoning a bulette mount doesn't just shake your own screen, but the screen of everyone nearby. I'd be annoyed by this if it was my mount and only applied to me, so when I have no control over it? Ugh.

@nitocris83 This is... umm... sensory feedback? Stuff that can make the game uncomfortable to be in.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Looks like this is either partially or fully addressed on Preview:

> Tyrannosaur (All types): This mount no longer abruptly tilts when walking over uneven terrain.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1233316/tomb-of-annihilation-preview-patch-notes-nw-85-20170711b-9

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min