test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else experiencing lag issues?

I rarely see any lag/latency issues in Neverwinter. Yup, I've been fortunate. But, the last 2 days have been pretty bad. Constant skipping in PE and longer than average loading times. Just today I was refining 6k AD into my cache of 77k (give it take) AD and it still said I had 77k. After exiting the window and reopening it the correct amount was displayed. Doing the ToD daily my screen completely froze as if I had disconnected from the game server but I didn't get any red digits that normally display when disconnected from the server. After about 15 seconds my toon rubber banded and then I was fine again. Running a wired connection. PS4 speed test shows 93.3 down and 4.5 up. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Thanks
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• fede#6678 fede Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yes im having lot of lag. Sometimes just cant move in well of dragon. I close the game do a ps4 connection test and my connection is ok. I open others online games and my connection works well. I start nw and again lag... I have tested restart router game or ps4 but nothing works :(
  • xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Yeah I'm having issues as well. Was doing T3s in the SH yesterday and headed out of the north entrance towards giants. Almost got to the campfire when the game shot me back to just inside the SH and i was stuck on a wall. So far thats the farthest rubberband I've ever had in... any game. Ever.

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    All weekend it was bad. I blue screened multiple times including the Kabal fight in MSPC. My guild mates were getting blue screened out of wod. Started watching alsrandomkills and he was blue screened twice before I went to sleep. Clearly something is up
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I rarely do but when I do I understand that it all depends on PSN network, NW network, and ISP network. If all three are congested than I will have some serious lag. This typically happens during the weekend or later in the evening during the weekdays.
  • kamehameha069#8658 kamehameha069 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Been rough honestly since early last week, over the weekend was worse
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    We usually lose at least 1 person at some point in a dungeon due to disconnects now.

I haven't been able to get past 2 dragons in a WoD dragon farm without a blue screen for a week now.

I never saw these constant issues before. All of this has happened before obviously, but it's legitimately every single run now.
    Something changed with the last patch and it'd be nice if we could at least get a "we're looking into it" response.
    I think it might be a PSN thing - my BF was playing a completely different game and he was getting booted as well. So I'm 50/50 on if it's a NW issue or a PSN issue
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

I think it might be a PSN thing - my BF was playing a completely different game and he was getting booted as well. So I'm 50/50 on if it's a NW issue or a PSN issue

That's interesting. I haven't noticed issues on other games, but to be fair I don't play other games too often (#addicted).
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Yeah I am as well. Made a post about it as well which I can no longer locate on the forums which seems odd but oh so typical...

I lag every time I log into a new zone, instance, group, or change characters. This lag is terrible for about 2 - 5 min at which point it seems to go away. Last straw for me was trying to run an etos and soon as it loaded I lagged right off the rocks and died. Totally useless.

Obviously something is going on, it started happening when the summer festival began, around that time period is when it began happening to me. I'm willing to bet however, that the powers (egos) to be will never admit to anything for fear of losing their job.
    Sad really.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Well, I do play other games and haven't had any issues except Neverwinter. Going to PE is a horrible idea. The lag is so bad you can't move your character.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
    Ugh, I hate PE... I only go there for the seals vendor, which I keep hoping they will eventually put in the strongholds

• markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @ravenskya said:
    > Ugh, I hate PE... I only go there for the seals vendor, which I keep hoping they will eventually put in the strongholds
    I go there for the weekly ToD and sometimes for the bank. I was going there during the event for sahha. It is possible that this issue isn't on the NW side as I recall Playstation doing an update last week as well. However, if Xbone and PC are also having issues then it's on NW.