vasiamen1vasiamen1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
Greetings!
So what we have for now(mod 12) in dmg:
GWF outdps CW
HR outdps CW
TR(yeah, SoD ~25mil) outdps CW
GF(in conq) outdps CW
SW outdps CW

If devs additional fix couple cw "dps-bugs", which @thefabricant posts - even DC will outdps us :/
Cheers, cw 16.6

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Ummm, you expect a controller class to be on par with primary DPS classes? Sure DCs can be a bit dumb now. How is CW struggling anyway? It's never been easier for us to mow down massive mobs of enemies with ease.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2017

my favorite feat i will deal 10% more damage with my cold att will and encounter if the target is not affected by chill.

But wait cold att wills and encounters add chills. Even if the damage applies for the first att will or cold encounter usefull for 1 click :P

and my second favorite.like fanning the flame not already spread the smolder or mof dont have and other options to add smolder to everything.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @vasiamen1

I'm sorry man but I couldn't disagree more with your post. Only classes that can top a CW atm are top tier HR and GWF and the difference in dps insn't high to begin with. You can also argue that for aoe damage CW with trans lightning > everything else (especially in msp) due to a few powers not even having target cap. On top of that add things such as low cooldowns and fast casting speed and you've got one of the top 3 dps classes atm, like look at disintegrate come on it's so ridiculously good is almost unfair.

GF, TR and SW outdpsing CW??? They have no way to do that as their aoe damage is significantly inferior. SW arguably is the weakest striker class atm as it gets smoked in both aoe and/or single target damage by the others. At this point I wouldn't even claim SW has higher single target damage than CW either, our cooldowns and casting speed are long and our most powerful attacks don't do that much damage on top of being limited by other factors.

Sir at 16k+ you should be dominating in aoe damage and in overall perfomance only HR and GWF should be topping you and even then not by much. If GF, TR and SW have outdps'ed you then no offense but something about your build must be really wrong, those classes don't have your aoe potential and SW single target dps is limited by long cooldowns, casting times, outdated mechanics and its most powerful attacks < yours.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    *shrugs*

CWs like Syndra, Freedom, or Sharpie hit pretty freaking hard on single target fights (Freedom 50 mil Ice Knife 2 stronk)

But keep up that mindset and you're going to have a bad time.

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

my favorite feat i will deal 10% more damage with my cold att will and encounter if the target is not affected by chill.

But wait cold att wills and encounters add chills. Even if the damage applies for the first att will or cold encounter usefull for 1 click :P

and my second favorite.like fanning the flame not already spread the smolder or mof dont have and other options to add smolder to everything.

Lol yeah, when I first say Snap Freeze back in the beginning of the game I was like "woho! awesome skill moar damage!" then when I actually read it again I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaa?"

A prime and perfect example of weirdenseses in NWO lol.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Snap freeze was used back in the day before chill became the meta it is today. You could get a nice boost on each mob group with only one cw in party and the right rotation. Not anymore.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited July 2017

My fav boi best of best anyone says otherwise can't play CW (sarcasm intensifies)
  • kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I've played with plenty of CWs that absolutely own mobs, mine is still a work in progress and I already hit pretty damn hard; if you are getting school by GFs and DCs, you are doing something wrong.

That aside, I'm loving the dissertation on all the dirt feats CWs have to put up with.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Ummm, you expect a controller class to be on par with primary DPS classes? Sure DCs can be a bit dumb now. How is CW struggling anyway? It's never been easier for us to mow down massive mobs of enemies with ease.

Control is dead, and nobody cares for it. Everything important is control immune, and all the other DPS classes are quite capable of wiping mobs too.

If you're DPS (SpellStorm), at your best potential you are very weak compared to other classes at their potential, and you're not really wanted for the end-game content of the new module.

Here's a typical snapshot of the class breakdown from the new dungeon a short while ago:
    21 DCs
    13 GWFs
    11 Palies
    4 Mof CWs
    3 GFs
    3 SW
    0 TR
    0 HR
    0 DPS CW

Notice that there are no DPS CWs. The current trend is to primarily take buff/debuffers, and use the GWF as the clear and obvious choice for the DPS being buffed.
    We're talking latest endgame content, and the GWF is well ahead in every department - survivability, speed, and particularly DPS. It has been well ahead for a very long time, but now the content is hard, parties are not taking just anyone, and the second-rate DPS aren't getting a look in.

Rather than try and fix the balance issues, the DEVs are considering a "random queues" bribe enforcing 3 DPS, and hoping that the DPS under-classes might get a look in that way.

It is your build or your gear. CW is not in THAT bad of a place. I suggest watching the youtube videos of Mystic and Freedom.

No. You've picked 2 of the finest in their class, with Freedom particularly known to have freakish movement and timing knowledge from well trodden runs.
    You don't get to pick 2 of the best to try and qualify that there isn't a problem. If you want to compare freakish potential of one class with freakish potential of another, the GWF Wicked Duck would tear those two apart.

In general, the situation is what it is, broadly now represented by DPS choices made in the latest tough content.
    You know full well that the average 13K GWF is tearing apart the average 15K DPS CW for damage, and I don't know why you pretend otherwise.

• eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    CW's are the most balanced class in the game dps wise I think and when I meet a really good one they are monstrous. They do not need a buff as I've seen them keep up with top tier gwfs and hrs. They are really skilled with their class while other CW's just aren't. The thing is understanding mechanics, timing buffs, etc. If you feel your class can't keep up then that's on you. I would suggest you study them completely and thoroughly. It's rare that I get beaten by one (hadn't raced many) but when I do it's an amazing race. CW's really can hold their own.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    CW is not a bad DPS class.

Having played my 13K CW vs a 16K GWF in FBI I can clearly state that I was not completely destroyed as many would expect. This 16K GWF is really good and I did much better than I thought I would given he is basically BiS vs. Work in Progress CW. This player even has two legendary mounts vs me having only Epic. The end result was I was producing around 65-70% of his damage. Not bad considering he is near max and I am far from it.

Build rotation and knowing when to swap out powers play a big role in your damage out potential. As does your companions.

I have been in runs where I was a CW buffer and kept up with some so called strong 15K HR and I was buffing him. When I went full on DPS I caught up to the DPS and passed him on just 1 boss. I'm not sure how that happened but it did.

As for your CW...let's talk about it...

First and foremost are you playing MoF or SS?
    What did you select for feats?
    What are your companions and what are their ranking?
    What is your critical chance at prior to bonding and after bonding
    Base power prior to bonding and power after bonding?
    Resistance ignored prior to and after bonding?
    What weapon enchantment are you using?
    What spells/abilities are on your tray?
    What is your rotation?

After answering the questions above, the forum here maybe able to assist you at improving your character.

Also, keep in mind that the gear from FBI provides a really nice bonus in damage in FBI and SVA. If you run those content and use the crafted gear or other gear you will produce a bit less damage. Please keep that in mind when you are looking at the Paingiver chart in content.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    Given the current state of the game and classes, claiming that CW is underpowered is like saying clerics can't buff well enough.
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Totally agree, we need the cw bug fixes. Specially that offhand storm feat bonus.
    Me and Mystic do amazing dps because we always use full potion buffs and best gear. We both have the exact build if anyone is wondering. I still haven't found any cw that can beat me in game when I actually try, pretty sure because of my game play experience on cw.
    And yes every other class hits harder then us on bosses, we can only outplay every other class with trash clearing. I been working on my DC(do) dps class and it already hits harder then my cw on bosses when I actually get hits because its hard landing hits with dc. Got a 61m Daunting Light hit on turtle last week. I can easily get every class to outdps my cw but I choose not to because I just enjoy cw more then every other class and I can't keep up with the new gear/boons on every class. Anyways hope they do fix bugs on cw, been waiting to long for this. Everyone is to focus on getting everything nerf and class balances... how about fix stuff and add more content like add a 3rd paragon for every class.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    itbls said:

Totally agree, we need the cw bug fixes. Specially that offhand storm feat bonus.
    Me and Mystic do amazing dps because we always use full potion buffs and best gear. We both have the exact build if anyone is wondering. I still haven't found any cw that can beat me in game when I actually try, pretty sure because of my game play experience on cw.
    And yes every other class hits harder then us on bosses, we can only outplay every other class with trash clearing. I been working on my DC(do) dps class and it already hits harder then my cw on bosses when I actually get hits because its hard landing hits with dc. Got a 61m Daunting Light hit on turtle last week. I can easily get every class to outdps my cw but I choose not to because I just enjoy cw more then every other class and I can't keep up with the new gear/boons on every class. Anyways hope they do fix bugs on cw, been waiting to long for this. Everyone is to focus on getting everything nerf and class balances... how about fix stuff and add more content like add a 3rd paragon for every class.

do or ac no matter the same hit they would do.
  • jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I've seen Mystiks build and run most it but does Freedom have a build posted anywhere?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Read the post above yours.
    itbls said:

So, there you have it...
    You're about as good as CWs get, but you can easily get every class to outdps your CW.
    You can outshine classes on trash mobs, but let's face it, you're not needed on invites for high level content because they're having trouble clearing trash mobs.
    Also, you're fully potted up doing that.
    Comparing to other classes, would you also say that you have the worst survivability?
    Really appreciate your honesty :)
  • jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    > @niadan said:
    > Read the post above yours.

Are you saying itbis is Freedom?
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

itbls said:

So, there you have it...
    You're about as good as CWs get, but you can easily get every class to outdps your CW.
    You can outshine classes on trash mobs, but let's face it, you're not needed on invites for high level content because they're having trouble clearing trash mobs.
    Also, you're fully potted up doing that.
    Comparing to other classes, would you also say that you have the worst survivability?
    Really appreciate your honesty :)
    No, cw don't have the worst survive ability.
    About not being needed for higher level content, I can't really say that applys to me because I can keep up with the best gwf in this game or even beat them, Sure I can't ever hit as hard as them but I can melt bosses pretty quick. If other cw's wanna do the same thing they should really do their research on what gear/feats/companions they should be using. I have seen almost every cw in the game with dumb gear on for example cw should not be running orcus set or just any random set or artifact. All cw should go read sharp's guide if they really wanna improve their cw.
    I myself have to see what I'm gonna have to change for next mod since theirs more nerfs coming.. yay x.x

@jano Yes, I'm Freedom
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Love that despite its in library first commenters are GWFs and SWs...

Yes. CWs single target dmg is not so good.
    We are good on trash but this game is all about burning down bosses. (after mod5)
    For example:
    In Tong.
    Before Orcus there is 100 million total dmg and we are usually on the first place.
    After Orcus there is about 1100 million total dmg and we are far behind.

Maybe we can do 20-30% better dmg on trash as HR/GWFs. But our single target dmg is vastly under theirs.(40-80% maybe)
    I think even a GF, TR or a Soulbinder SW can do our single target dmg or more.

CW was made for bringing down the trash fast or control them but nowadays dungeons lacks trash. Started with Lair of Lostmauth which I despise since...

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User

Love that despite its in library first commenters are GWFs and SWs...

Yes. CWs single target dmg is not so good.
    We are good on trash but this game is all about burning down bosses. (after mod5)
    For example:
    In Tong.
    Before Orcus there is 100 million total dmg and we are usually on the first place.
    After Orcus there is about 1100 million total dmg and we are far behind.

Maybe we can do 20-30% better dmg on trash as HR/GWFs. But our single target dmg is vastly under theirs.(40-80% maybe)
    I think even a GF, TR or a Soulbinder SW can do our single target dmg or more.

CW was made for bringing down the trash fast or control them but nowadays dungeons lacks trash. Started with Lair of Lostmauth which I despise since...

If I don't get the dps curse, I'm still gonna be around 60-70% of the dmg of the gwf. Usually it creates a 275m to 350m divide between us.

That was also before I had my ilvl 500 bracers, which is quite the big dps jump :)
  • lordgio1984lordgio1984 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys,
    my second character (my first one is a 16.5K DC) is a CW: tiefling, SS thauma/oppr, with almost 16K IL.
    In this last period I've noticed that I'm not so effective anymore, even on trash mobs, not counting the loss of effectiveness I've found on single target fights. I've checked the build, also in comparison with some other friends that play CW and it's the classic build we can find around and that I've seen adopted by many of us that have chosen thauma/oppr path. The only difference is in the first column of heroics talents, where I have 3/3/0 instead of 0/3/3, but I don't think this variation can affect the dps output. On campain gifts I've taken everything that could grant me damage, AP gain, lifesteal: I can say i have the gifts the majority of us has chosen. I'm a full r12 brutal, but I'm changing some of them with radiant, as I've gathered too much crit., I've actually T lightining for mobs, T vorpal and feytouched for single target (I choose which one to use, according to the needs of the party). Pets are: summoned legendary fire archon, legendary air archon, earth archon, siege master, erinyes, full loyal avenger set on them, with full brutal in attack and dark in defense, all r12 enchants. I was trying to change some of these items with the ones from IG, but still no luck. Same old story for the rings I wear; I've got just one legendary ring (DoD), the second one is a +4 brutality: after all this time, I've still no luck with edemo/ndemo. On mounts I'm using Tenser for activation and Black ice Warhorse for 4k power. As bonuses, I have chosen: assassin's covenant, artificer's persuasion, protector's camaraderie, cavalry's warning, gladiator's guile. Weapon set from mSVA, with artifact power bonus on magic missile and chilling presence (I previously had magic storm, but it was not working properly, so I tried the other one). With this asset I had no problem in both AoE and single target fights, I was able to kill the first big group of mobs on eTOS with a single rotation+ OF, and also on bosses I was able to deal big hits and melt them in a very short time. I was able to be competitive even with GWFs and HRs and I could easily distance them in damage.
    It's not the same in this last period, and something has changed, not depending on me. I have great troubles in damage dealing and I can see it even in lower dungeons.
    I'm totally obverwhelmed by other dps in the damage dealing, but this is not a problem. I know that (generally) GWFs and HRs are better damage dealers than CWs, at the same IL level. But I see that my damage output has decreased; if I take in consideration the first big group of mobs in eTOS, my full rotation takes away less than half of their lifepoints. I tried it with my usual farming party and also with different random groups. Same on boss fights, especially ToNG, where I have big troubles in melting souls, and even the dmg on the boss is ridiculous.
    The only changes I have apported on my character in this last period are:

-replacement of Orcus's set with: Company cloack (+2STR +2INT) + Greater Owlbear Belt+ Eye of the Giant
    - Air Archon's upgrade from epic to legendary
    - replacement of vivified incursion bracers and boots with the primitive incursion bracers and boots.
    - Creation of 2 more builds: MoF buffer and a build I wanted to test on AoE (I took away focussed wizardry and put 5/5 on learned spellcaster: I sentenced its fail in about 10 minutes, nevertheless it's still there, as I haven't still used a respec on that book).

I'm in a deep crisis about my CW, as I really enjoy this class. I have five playing characters and four of them are supporters: the idea of switching my CW to buffs simply scares me, as it is my safety valve from a game life full of buffs, debuffs, protections...
    Before I start a long ticket with support, the question is: has anybody else noticed something similar? I'm asking for advice to many other Friends who play CW (I've only considered the ones with a base IL of 15K) and many of us share with me the feeling that their characters are not working so well in this last period. Many of them described their character as a "flooded engine", and this alarmed me particularly. So i take this tread as a chance to see if other CWs have noticed this kind of problem or it's just an impression of mine (or a few of us).

Thanks for reading my long post, and thanks in advance for your answers.
  • polarp178polarp178 Member Posts: 24 Arc User

Hi guys,
    my second character (my first one is a 16.5K DC) is a CW: tiefling, SS thauma/oppr, with almost 16K IL.
    In this last period I've noticed that I'm not so effective anymore, even on trash mobs, not counting the loss of effectiveness I've found on single target fights. I've checked the build, also in comparison with some other friends that play CW and it's the classic build we can find around and that I've seen adopted by many of us that have chosen thauma/oppr path. The only difference is in the first column of heroics talents, where I have 3/3/0 instead of 0/3/3, but I don't think this variation can affect the dps output. On campain gifts I've taken everything that could grant me damage, AP gain, lifesteal: I can say i have the gifts the majority of us has chosen. I'm a full r12 brutal, but I'm changing some of them with radiant, as I've gathered too much crit., I've actually T lightining for mobs, T vorpal and feytouched for single target (I choose which one to use, according to the needs of the party). Pets are: summoned legendary fire archon, legendary air archon, earth archon, siege master, erinyes, full loyal avenger set on them, with full brutal in attack and dark in defense, all r12 enchants. I was trying to change some of these items with the ones from IG, but still no luck. Same old story for the rings I wear; I've got just one legendary ring (DoD), the second one is a +4 brutality: after all this time, I've still no luck with edemo/ndemo. On mounts I'm using Tenser for activation and Black ice Warhorse for 4k power. As bonuses, I have chosen: assassin's covenant, artificer's persuasion, protector's camaraderie, cavalry's warning, gladiator's guile. Weapon set from mSVA, with artifact power bonus on magic missile and chilling presence (I previously had magic storm, but it was not working properly, so I tried the other one). With this asset I had no problem in both AoE and single target fights, I was able to kill the first big group of mobs on eTOS with a single rotation+ OF, and also on bosses I was able to deal big hits and melt them in a very short time. I was able to be competitive even with GWFs and HRs and I could easily distance them in damage.
    It's not the same in this last period, and something has changed, not depending on me. I have great troubles in damage dealing and I can see it even in lower dungeons.
    I'm totally obverwhelmed by other dps in the damage dealing, but this is not a problem. I know that (generally) GWFs and HRs are better damage dealers than CWs, at the same IL level. But I see that my damage output has decreased; if I take in consideration the first big group of mobs in eTOS, my full rotation takes away less than half of their lifepoints. I tried it with my usual farming party and also with different random groups. Same on boss fights, especially ToNG, where I have big troubles in melting souls, and even the dmg on the boss is ridiculous.
    The only changes I have apported on my character in this last period are:

-replacement of Orcus's set with: Company cloack (+2STR +2INT) + Greater Owlbear Belt+ Eye of the Giant
    - Air Archon's upgrade from epic to legendary
    - replacement of vivified incursion bracers and boots with the primitive incursion bracers and boots.
    - Creation of 2 more builds: MoF buffer and a build I wanted to test on AoE (I took away focussed wizardry and put 5/5 on learned spellcaster: I sentenced its fail in about 10 minutes, nevertheless it's still there, as I haven't still used a respec on that book).

I'm in a deep crisis about my CW, as I really enjoy this class. I have five playing characters and four of them are supporters: the idea of switching my CW to buffs simply scares me, as it is my safety valve from a game life full of buffs, debuffs, protections...
    Before I start a long ticket with support, the question is: has anybody else noticed something similar? I'm asking for advice to many other Friends who play CW (I've only considered the ones with a base IL of 15K) and many of us share with me the feeling that their characters are not working so well in this last period. Many of them described their character as a "flooded engine", and this alarmed me particularly. So i take this tread as a chance to see if other CWs have noticed this kind of problem or it's just an impression of mine (or a few of us).

Thanks for reading my long post, and thanks in advance for your answers.

Do you usually run with a DC? It's been reported that damage buffs from BtS and FF became broken sometime after Mod12 release. Less party buff has made CW's lack of burst and self buff that much more apparent.
  • lordgio1984lordgio1984 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @polarp178 yes, I usually run with DC and GF, other ones can be both more support and dps classes.
    The bugs in BtS and FF affect everybody in the party, so I don't think it's the only cause. Even when I don't run with buffers I usually deal a big amount of dmg, but in the last mount most of the people I run with ask me what's happening, as they succeed in dealing much more damage than me (I usually was the one who outdps them). I simply don't know what to answer...
This discussion has been closed.