test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction house undercutting issues

doublea2015doublea2015 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
Yea you guys seriously need to add in a feature to the auction house that forces people to post for a X amount less like say 10,000 ad less if they wish to undercut, this mess being undercut by 1 blasted AD is for the birds when trying to sell items, something must be done to put a stop to this, no more undercutting for 1 ad FIX IT!!! force them to pay the AH posting fee if they are going to be undercutting by 1 ad idgaf if its a free market or not, fix this problem please asap!!! maybe your economy will turn out better when you don't have simple problems such as this when trying to sell items!!!

Comments

• Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Prices in the auction house are, for the most part, player controlled. The developers should not intervene in an attempt to control our market. There is enough 'control' imposed upon us in almost every other aspect of the game.

That being said I do agree that changing VIP posting fee removal to a reduction in AH cut would prevent absurd posting prices as well as diminish undercutting wars. When it costs the player more to take down an auction early to undercut the next person posting below them they will be less apt to do so. The large posting fee on extremely expensive items would once again be an excellent deterrent to absurdly overpricing items.

Notice I said 'reduction' not 'removal', the AH cut exists for a very important reason and it should never be removed entirely.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I think not having a charge for posting is an important part of the market. I'm pretty sure thats why they introduced it. it's good for business to not have that control placed on us. Most of the people doing keys are doing it both because they want things and just for the thrill of opening the boxes. What makes that possible for them is to be able to rinse wash and repeat the process. (lets face it gamblers are making up the difference in what doesn't sell or what they keep out of their pockets) if they make it so it's too expensive to take that risk all of a sudden key sales are going to plummet massively. the prices on most things in the market are controlled by rarity need and desire as well as being tied very strongly to the price of zen.

if things are priced too highly.. they just won't sell. if there is a demand at the price they are offered at then (like it or not) they're priced to fit demand. the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

the only things that have absurd prices are things that would still have absurd prices because they are rare and everyone wants it. However it would just be very much more of a have and have not situation if they did put the listing fee back. Right now any joe blow can get lucky, get that legendary pack and be set. In the situation you are asking for he's not going to be able to afford to post his legendary pack. He's going to have to sit on it. keep it maybe trade it (which is what a lot of people are really drooling over I think.. the vultures are FAR worse in an uncontrolled setting. at least you have a kind of moderator making sure what is offered is what is given in the ah. This game is so full of conartists it isn't even funny) but odds are they won't be set up in style as they would be otherwise.

it's win win to have no posting fee with vip. I'd also like to see the house cut reduced to five percent but don't expect it. lol.

the prices may be high to buy but they're also high to sell. when you get that rare drop that is unbound you'll be able to make good money off it as well. it all comes up even in the end. with the price of zen where it's at things will just never look cheap.

as far as undercutting. I just can't get excited over it. that's life. it's not even petty like someone mentioned. people instinctually buy the absolute lowest priced thing. if someone does it to you undercut THEM by a freaking penny. you can play that game all day and only go down a few hundred and someone will get bored before any money is lost.
    at the end of the day i'm just all who gives a rats bottom over that particular complaint. that's just part of commerce. grocery stores, mattress sales, auto stores they all do it. that's how we shop. we find the lowest price. should we all go pay the highest price because it's silly of store a to say they're going to undercut the price of tomatoes by a penny?

gahhhh for reals

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    It's not outragous to implement a % based undercut value. Then your forced to match the last guy or post it for a % less. That would stop high value items being under cut by 1ad but also allow small items TO be undercut by 1ad.

I understand the complaint but undercutting MUST be allowed to keep the market ebbing and flowing and prices with current demand.

Someone mentioned having patience with these items, I also agree with that, but after a week or more matching the lowest price, being undercut by 1ad, matching it again, being undercut by 1ad, is no good. Especially when the battle your having is with someone your are MATCHING prices with...
  • Options

The Auction House worked just fine before VIP, so removing the no posting fees feature would only help the game. If you can't afford posting fees, you can just trade in person.

ANNNNNNDDDDDD.... the auction house works even better now. progress is a good thing.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Scummy people will be scummy. Hell if I was the buyer I'd buy the item above the clever guy who thinks 1 AD less will make a difference.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Undercutting shouldn't matter. If you price your item well, it will sell relatively fast. I also don't but from the sleazy people who undercut by 1 AD. I will pay one more AD to the guy above him.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I ALWAYS post to be the lowest price (by more than 1 AD usually. If there is an item that is very undervalued standing in my way, I buy it and repost it at the current market value (but still lowest price).
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    You Sir just found another way to moan and HAMSTER about the game - bravo!

If you don't like it, just buy things DO NOT sell - easy?
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    You're not happy you got undercut by 1 AD? When it happens I'm extremely gratefull! It means that the good I wan to sell did not devaluate.. . It happens way too often - I have some stuff that I'm selling slowly in time (let's say special fashion item). I did sell it for 100k in week 1..week 2 again..and in week 3 someone wents in and undercut me for freaking 50k 0.o I'm not silly so I post for 100k and wait. He got sale..and me too. It's the best outcome. But if someone else will want to post the item he will not post for 99k. he will post for 49k and so on so the whole market will devaluate item for at least week or two. Sometimes I even buy from undercutter so he will not lower the value and I will profit from reselling.

Sometimes I'm going for undercutting war with someone but it's fine as long we're keeping it civil (so repost at max once in day, 1 - 100 AD undercuts) and we finally sell everything. But then someone comes and start undercuting us in thousand..and another market niche is gone. NW market is too inmature (people lacks the patience as someone else mentioned) to self regulate. It works the best if there is plenty of items but the demand is high (let's say Arcane Magical Writicing..for months people could sell it for 6 - 8k without problems even with heavy undercutters around).

BTW. You can undercut by 10k if you want this. You don't need to force everyone for X% based undercuts. There is nothing stopping you - the other person will still undercut you by 1 AD.. until you hit the moment he will pull back (not that profitable anymore) and you will make your sale. But again - you will lose the AD.
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I always undercut by 5% to 25% depending the item.
    This is an auction system, we do what we want with our pricing no matter you like it or not.

I got a manticore's hair yesterday on ps4, worth 190k, sold it right away for 160k.

I'm not greedy and i kinda hate ah sytem anyway.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Its capitalism in action. I always undercut if I want to sell an item. If I am not bothered I go with the flow.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    diloul31 said:

This is an auction system, we do what we want with our pricing no matter you like it or not.

I got a manticore's hair yesterday on ps4, worth 190k, sold it right away for 160k.

You're notgreedy - you just lost 30k for not apparent reason ;). But yeah it all depends on you and your choices and let it stay this way.
  • Options
    diloul31 said:

in the antiques world we call people like you pickers. lol
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    i think you guys are forgetting something important here to be honest if you remove the feature of not paying AH posting fee i will never use AH to sell items again wich has value to other players say forexmple you want to post an enhchantment for 5Million AD then you will be paying a lot of AD to post it and then if it dosn't sell you lost that much AD now apart from this repeatign this process to sell something will eventually net you flatbroke not to mention that you need to pay AD EACh time you post an item so just to sell 15 million worth of items you need to have at least 3 million or more even if the fee return after item sold it is not guaranteed that item will sell so this will only server to destroy the market and make prices go up even higher Undercutting isn't bad for some players and sometimes it's even necessarry to balance the market just becuase you couldn't sell 1 pack dosn't mean you need to destroy market for others or disable a feature that you don't have access to.

just play like everyone and be patient for your item to sell
This discussion has been closed.