test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sounds like we are getting a rough AD nerf .

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Relic gear is the same cost as Elven on live 400 for arms, feet, hat. 600 for chest.

Also, don't buy armor to salvage. Buy rings.

I'm not interested in buying the relic to salvage... I'm interested in buying the relic to wear.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The second paragraph was directed to sfw#1705. I'm on my phone and the quote works even worse than on the PC browser so I just responded to both of you at once..
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    This sounds like its goning to kill my whole game play. All I do is Dungeons for AD and Salavage. I've stayed out of STK And RD because of the lottery ascpet of the campaign. In previous campaigns, you grind away and when you do all tasks from the campaign, you get all the rewards. I ran 3 toons through most of the STK campaign and I never got what i needed to even enter FBI. (A long time later I got some item in the mail that would cover the everforst resistance needed to enter FBI) So i quit it. I did a single toon in RD and found the same thing, You have to work the HE's and hope what you want drops. Not gunna do that. So I have been running my 6 toons through dungeons and skirmishes for AD and Salvage. If I can't do that anymore, then there's nothing for me to do here in this game. Which would be ashame after all these years.
    faredawg1 said:

This sounds like its goning to kill my whole game play. All I do is Dungeons for AD and Salavage. I've stayed out of STK And RD because of the lottery ascpet of the campaign. In previous campaigns, you grind away and when you do all tasks from the campaign, you get all the rewards. I ran 3 toons through most of the STK campaign and I never got what i needed to even enter FBI. (A long time later I got some item in the mail that would cover the everforst resistance needed to enter FBI) So i quit it. I did a single toon in RD and found the same thing, You have to work the HE's and hope what you want drops. Not gunna do that. So I have been running my 6 toons through dungeons and skirmishes for AD and Salvage. If I can't do that anymore, then there's nothing for me to do here in this game. Which would be ashame after all these years.

On the upside... Relic items will be sold in mod 12, so... WIN!
    pitshade said:

The second paragraph was directed to sfw#1705. I'm on my phone and the quote works even worse than on the PC browser so I just responded to both of you at once..

Heh. "Smart" phones my big, hairy toes! :wink:
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User

faredawg1 said:

And after 1-2 weeks they flood AH and get cheap as chips
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    faredawg1 said:

i AM DOING SAME THING

I don't see a win if they ruin it

I am sorry I just don't

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

faredawg1 said:

i AM DOING SAME THING

I don't see a win if they ruin it

I am sorry I just don't

Get it through you thick head. Salvage isn't getting nerfed. It's going to be better if anything.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    urabask said:

Get it through you thick head. Salvage isn't getting nerfed. It's going to be better if anything.

I can't remember but is the available relic armor restored or does it need to be restored when purchased at the vendor? Un-restored relic armor is only worth 1000ad regardless of what piece it is...
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @reg1981 said:
    > Get it through you thick head. Salvage isn't getting nerfed. It's going to be better if anything.
    >
    > I can't remember but is the available relic armor restored or does it need to be restored when purchased at the vendor? Un-restored relic armor is only worth 1000ad regardless of what piece it is...

You buy rings for salvaging, that's already been said like 15x in this thread
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Quoting this to emphasize it so it isn't buried in mobile messing up quoting.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > You buy rings for salvaging, that's already been said like 15x in this thread
    >
    > Quoting this to emphasize it so it isn't buried in mobile messing up quoting.

Let me repeat this as well...lol
    Did you do that on purpose? Oh my head.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    All in good fun @beckylunatic

faredawg1 said:

And after 1-2 weeks they flood AH and get cheap as chips
    As I ubderstand the relic gear is replacing elven in the seal vendor, so it can't be sold. I am not sure about the salvage rates;\
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2017

> @reg1981 said:

> Get it through you thick head. Salvage isn't getting nerfed. It's going to be better if anything.

>

> I can't remember but is the available relic armor restored or does it need to be restored when purchased at the vendor? Un-restored relic armor is only worth 1000ad regardless of what piece it is...

My main's rAD amount is already out of the roof and rings are BtC so no salvage with alts.At least that was how I saw in preview and I have no idea what will drop from t1 dungeons and skirmishes like tuern?Do we get just seals to buy rings and gears because they said elven gear will drop where it drops now but no info about t1s
    All the seal goods are supposed to be BtA, but were not yet.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• jsmith#3214 jsmith Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm not sure it is a NERF.. u get 50 Protector Seals from ETOS for example and u use this to buy the Osterian Rings = Salvage... As some of u have posted u run Alts to salvage and get ur AD.. Yes we don't have more gear to salvage from other Seals but we still can do the same with the increase from Protector Seals granted it's only a 20+ more of Protector Seals but still enough to get what I want..
    Granted it's just my opinion and u know what they say about that.....

I'm not sure it is a NERF.. u get 50 Protector Seals from ETOS for example and u use this to buy the Osterian Rings = Salvage... As some of u have posted u run Alts to salvage and get ur AD.. Yes we don't have more gear to salvage from other Seals but we still can do the same with the increase from Protector Seals granted it's only a 20+ more of Protector Seals but still enough to get what I want..

The NERF cries are from players that don't want to run alts, thye just want to mail themselves the items to salvage after they hit the RAD refining cap.

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User

The NERF cries are from players that don't want to run alts, thye just want to mail themselves the items to salvage after they hit the RAD refining cap.

I chose to play this game because farming was not as bad as all other Eastern based games and there was some story behind all the dungeons and skirmeshes before mod 6.

From this perspective

Why would I want to run leveling dungeons or old t1s with my alts(1,2 times is fun but it gets tedious after some time) since they killed all the altfriendly aspects of the game.I spent all this time to gear my main and start playing and they say "you played enough of this character.Now you have to do another one from scratch or play with lower geared character"

Do you know new players are grieving because higher geared players get in leveling dungeons/t1s.They run ahead, kill everything and kill the gameplay of newer players.

You may want to farm AD all day long with your alts in t1s and leveling dungeons but that is not why I play this game.I dont want loads of AD too.I still dont have any legendary mounts or companions and I wont be buying/upgrading one.

All I want for them to stop sucking the fun out of the game and find more challenging ways to keep endgame player engaged in their game instead of finding new ways to hold players back
    grrouper said:

I guess it is all my bad ..... when your main has well 5M RAD and you prefer playing a certain class . And then after years the devs change/nerf a vital way many of us use to make AD from running dungeons that are just less rewarding now .... Many of the newer players have no clue how we used to have ways to make AD and get geared from, running dungeons but in last few years all the devs have done is time gated or force players to PTW to rank up.
    I am a casual player. I actually like playing toons of different classes. As such I don't really have an "alt" but, I play all my toons. That does slow my progression. I have never gone over the daily rAD cap for more than 24 hours. Every time I have found out about the ways to make huge amounts of AD... has been when the devs announced a NERF doing away with that system. This does not qualify as that. They made changes to the gear in the seal vendors. This was done because the gear there was old & outdated. The new gear was added to help newer player gear up for the new content in less than 4 years. But don't worry... there IS good news! according to this thread...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1233123/tomb-of-annihilation-launch-bug-reports/p2

The seal trader being BtC instead of BtA is a bug. The fix didn't make it in to the live patch, but you will soon be able to mail your salvage back & forth again!

dsn1118 said:

I chose to play this game because farming was not as bad as all other Eastern based games and there was some story behind all the dungeons and skirmeshes before mod 6.

From this perspective

Why would I want to run leveling dungeons or old t1s with my alts(1,2 times is fun but it gets tedious after some time) since they killed all the altfriendly aspects of the game.I spent all this time to gear my main and start playing and they say "you played enough of this character.Now you have to do another one from scratch or play with lower geared character"

Do you know new players are grieving because higher geared players get in leveling dungeons/t1s.They run ahead, kill everything and kill the gameplay of newer players.

You may want to farm AD all day long with your alts in t1s and leveling dungeons but that is not why I play this game.I dont want loads of AD too.I still dont have any legendary mounts or companions and I wont be buying/upgrading one.

All I want for them to stop sucking the fun out of the game and find more challenging ways to keep endgame player engaged in their game instead of finding new ways to hold players back
    If you want less farming, there is a price to be paid for that. You are gonna reach the end of the content before the next mod comes out. I am assuming... I don't have any toons that have completed all the content yet. Personally, I avoid the boredom buy running random content each day. when I do my daily dungeon/skirmish, I queue for all of them. Only 2 - 3 time do I remember doing the same content twice. I actually like that there are higher geared players running the lower dungeons... it makes the grind go much faster ... but I do agree, that there should be a level cap on dungeon queue's similar to the skirmishes. Players should not have to keep up with end-game players running thru level appropriate content. So, hopefully they will cap these dungeons & force AD grinders party up to to go in front doors. I wish I could farm all day. More AD is always appreciated. Unfortunately, I only have 90 mins of Internet time per day, so... i'm stuck with Real Life limits on my earning potential.
    I hope that the new mod gives you more of the challenge you are looking for. I haven't started it yet. I'm still playing catch up from 3 weeks of no dungeon/skirmish runs. I am SOOOO broke! :D
    grrouper said:

grrouper said:

I guess it is all my bad ..... when your main has well 5M RAD and you prefer playing a certain class . And then after years the devs change/nerf a vital way many of us use to make AD from running dungeons that are just less rewarding now .... Many of the newer players have no clue how we used to have ways to make AD and get geared from, running dungeons but in last few years all the devs have done is time gated or force players to PTW to rank up.
    I am a casual player. I actually like playing toons of different classes. As such I don't really have an "alt" but, I play all my toons. That does slow my progression. I have never gone over the daily rAD cap for more than 24 hours. Every time I have found out about the ways to make huge amounts of AD... has been when the devs announced a NERF doing away with that system. This does not qualify as that. They made changes to the gear in the seal vendors. This was done because the gear there was old & outdated. The new gear was added to help newer player gear up for the new content in less than 4 years. But don't worry... there IS good news! according to this thread...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1233123/tomb-of-annihilation-launch-bug-reports/p2

The seal trader being BtC instead of BtA is a bug. The fix didn't make it in to the live patch, but you will soon be able to mail your salvage back & forth again!

Yes it does qualify as a nerf before we had salvage we was able to just invoke to earn RAD but devs change the system and nerfed RAD from that source . Now they just went and nerfed another source slavage . like i said all they are doing is making more attempts to make the game PTW or time gate it all.
    You can still salvage. I haven't done the math, but some players are saying that the new gear salvages higher than the old gear. The only real change is that the gear is currently BtC... which has been acknowledged as a bug. Soon to be fixed, we hope. So, not a Nerf.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2017

grrouper said:

grrouper said:

Yes it does qualify as a nerf before we had salvage we was able to just invoke to earn RAD but devs change the system and nerfed RAD from that source . Now they just went and nerfed another source slavage . like i said all they are doing is making more attempts to make the game PTW or time gate it all.
    You can still salvage. I haven't done the math, but some players are saying that the new gear salvages higher than the old gear. The only real change is that the gear is currently BtC... which has been acknowledged as a bug. Soon to be fixed, we hope. So, not a Nerf.

The rings are bound character ( are the same as in fbi bop) and the relic gear yes is a bug but even boa you need to restore them ( you will restore to equip to a character). You need seals to get the materials you need voniblood.
    SO you want to restore them for salvage? OR send them to other character and salvage them for 1000 ad each:).