test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.85.20170711b.5

2»

Comments

• jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @galopikus said:
    > So Cryptic just introduced an option to purchase Companion Upgrade Tokens in the Zen store for 500 Zen. When you purchase the pack for 500 Zen you get 15 Companion Upgrade Tokens.
    > If you want to upgrade a blue companion to purple, you would need to have 90 upgrade tokens. That means you would have to purchase the pack 6 times, which adds up to 3,000 Zen. Another way to upgrade a companion is by paying Astral Diamonds. To upgrade from a blue to a purple companion it would cost 500,000 AD. If you don’t have 500,000 AD, you can exchange ~1,000 Zen into 500,000 AD.
    >
    > In short,
    > 90 Companion Upgrade Tokens = 3,000 Zen
    > 500,000 AD = 1,000 Zen
    > WOW Cryptic, what a bad joke!
    >
    > To fix this, the packs would have had to contain 45 Companion Upgrade Tokens each at 500 Zen or sell the 15 tokens for 165 Zen.
    >
    > #crypticmath

You are assuming that the conversion rate is the same across all platforms. PC may be at 500 but PS4 is just north of 300 making your breakdown very different. Although it sounds a little steep still, people need to use their own judgement. Perhaps someone only needs 15 or waits for a 15% ticket or even some of the other big sales like Black Friday again bringing another perspective of what is an good deal or not.. It isn't perfect and unless all currencies on all platforms are the same it will never be.
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    feels like i'm being punished for playing neverwinter the crashing still wont let up-.- same error same message and same time it crashes again
  • temuchin9999temuchin9999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    The update description stated you could purchase equipment at the Zen store. All I've found is the bundle of 20 keys with 1 piece. Is that all?
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Since Power Points are now in the Zen store have they been removed from the over 70 level up rewards? have not received one in a while. What about astral diamonds as well? Haven't seen those in a while either. Only level 5 enchantments.

Where in the professions is the new armor, can't find it?

Where in the Zen market is the other armor piece if you want to buy?

Can the Testimonies for Vivifying armor be bought somewhere?
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Since Power Points are now in the Zen store have they been removed from the over 70 level up rewards? have not received one in a while. What about astral diamonds as well? Haven't seen those in a while either. Only level 5 enchantments.

I got a power point last night in the new mod from Overflow rewards, so they are still there.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    You can also do the campaign task that awards you with a power point each time.

The thing is, however, that loadouts reduced the need for power points. Previously you had to have enough points to get rank 4 in any power you might use under any circumstances, but for example with a different loadout for solo vs. group play, you use fewer powers per loadout - meaning that you need fewer power points.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    adinosii said:

You can also do the campaign task that awards you with a power point each time.

The thing is, however, that loadouts reduced the need for power points. Previously you had to have enough points to get rank 4 in any power you might use under any circumstances, but for example with a different loadout for solo vs. group play, you use fewer powers per loadout - meaning that you need fewer power points.

I am bringing up a Paladin as a alt. and running my two load outs as the two different paragon paths so i can hopefully switch between tank and healer, so I need a minimum of power points, But I am doing the same with my GF to play with the Swordmaster paragon path.
  • galopikusgalopikus Member Posts: 35 Arc User

> @galopikus said:

> So Cryptic just introduced an option to purchase Companion Upgrade Tokens in the Zen store for 500 Zen. When you purchase the pack for 500 Zen you get 15 Companion Upgrade Tokens.

> If you want to upgrade a blue companion to purple, you would need to have 90 upgrade tokens. That means you would have to purchase the pack 6 times, which adds up to 3,000 Zen. Another way to upgrade a companion is by paying Astral Diamonds. To upgrade from a blue to a purple companion it would cost 500,000 AD. If you don’t have 500,000 AD, you can exchange ~1,000 Zen into 500,000 AD.

>

> In short,

> 90 Companion Upgrade Tokens = 3,000 Zen

> 500,000 AD = 1,000 Zen

> WOW Cryptic, what a bad joke!

>

> To fix this, the packs would have had to contain 45 Companion Upgrade Tokens each at 500 Zen or sell the 15 tokens for 165 Zen.

>

> #crypticmath

You are assuming that the conversion rate is the same across all platforms. PC may be at 500 but PS4 is just north of 300 making your breakdown very different. Although it sounds a little steep still, people need to use their own judgement. Perhaps someone only needs 15 or waits for a 15% ticket or even some of the other big sales like Black Friday again bringing another perspective of what is an good deal or not.. It isn't perfect and unless all currencies on all platforms are the same it will never be.

PC is basically cryptic’s testing ground, so if it doesn’t work there then the prices should be readjusted for all consoles. At a conversion rate of 300 AD per Zen you’d have to wait for a 50% off sale for the purchase to make sense. Even if you just needed 15 more tokens, you’d be better off converting that Zen to AD and buying the companion packs from the auction house. That way you still get at least 2 tokens per pack plus some refinement, and a possible bonding stone which you can sell and get back more AD then you spent. So NO MATTER what console, the prices are still ridiculous.
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I noticed you can now purchase a Storm King completion on the Zen store, but yet you keep giving us Genie's Gifts. Do we now have a place to use Genie's Gifts for Storm King?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

Well, they still drop randomly, but i'm also wondering if they have decreased the drop rate with this patch?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
This discussion has been closed.