test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[XBOX] Buffer/Debuffer

hynafol#1574 hynafol Member Posts: 35 Arc User
Hey all,

Currently I run a pure solo dps build so I could clear things and get to level 70 as quickly as possible. At this point, I feel ready to take in the harder dungeons and such. To do this I understand I'd be much better use to my team if I were buffing them and debuffing enemies and such.

I have read a lot of guides for it and honestly don't know enough to pick one. So I would appreciate if someone more attuned to the way a devoted cleric works, could link me to a guide for me to use. Thank you all!

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I personally do not like following a guide to the absolute letter, but I personally think Putz's DO DC build on the official forums (here) is a good "getting started on DC' outline, if it's a bit outdated.

@thefabricant can point you to a number of good, well researched, comprehensive, and detailed guides which details the nitty gritty details of how to DC over at a certain website.

Oh wait...

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For the most part, a DPS build isn't going to differ from a Righteous DO debuff build. Make sure you have Bear Your Sins and Condemning Gaze at 5/5.

For rotation, take Divine Glow, Break the Spirit and a power of your choice. Build stacks of empowerment -use your judgement as to how many based on how fast the group is going. Fast group, less divinity expended because you won't have time to replenish it. Slow group needs more buffs and you will have time to use at wills. Once empowered to an appropriate degree, cast BTS.

Use Divine Glow unempowered. Try to hit allies and mobs together to get the most from it.

For the other power go with healing (HW or BoH) or damage (chains usually) again depending on how easy or hard the group is having it. If you don't need to heal at all, might as well do some damage. I don't like Daunting Light in groups because the mobs move too much and die too fast.

Brand of the Sun is good for proccing ByS even if you don't crit or have a DoT enchant like Plaguefire.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I personally do not like following a guide to the absolute letter, but I personally think Putz's DO DC build on the official forums (here) is a good "getting started on DC' outline, if it's a bit outdated.

@thefabricant can point you to a number of good, well researched, comprehensive, and detailed guides which details the nitty gritty details of how to DC over at a certain website.

Oh wait...

@rjc9000 regardless of how much you try to convince me otherwise, CW is my main.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    OP, you should probably go DO since it's easier to manage/play and isn't "as" reliant on gear as the AC is.

Also keep that solo loadout, since you can have a dedicated support and solo loadout for different occasions.

rjc9000 said:

Oh wait...

@rjc9000 regardless of how much you try to convince me otherwise, CW is my main.
    Wrong interpretation man!

I had my "hospital"/"burn heal"/"find a CW with icy veins" joke prepared for your response (you know which one I was thinking about).

• xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Honestly while below 70 dungeons you don't need to buff, debuff because it won't be very effective. Just use your solo loadout so you can help with killing things. Until 70 you will do comparable damage as other classes.