test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions about knight's valor?

haysus83#4742 haysus83 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2017 in The Guard Barracks
How exactly does it work? Do you get the DR constantly while active even when solo? When you mitigate party dmg does your personal DR further mitigate that incoming dmg? Is this a good encounter for maintaining threat? Can you mitigate incoming dmg by using shield? Have been searching for answers but can't seem to find anything concrete. Figured this would be the best place to get my questions answered. Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    • How exactly does it work?
    Your party member recieves damage. Part of that damage gets transferred to you.
    While its in the air(for sake of explanation), it goes trough KV damage resistance, that increases with the rank of KV. So you only recieve part of that intially intercepted damage.
    Next it hits you. You can block it, deflect it, mitigate it. It works just like any other damage from a mob.
    • Do you get the DR constantly while active even when solo?
    When solo you don't get any DR, since KV DR only applies to damage coming from KV, and when solo no damage comes from KV.
    • When you mitigate party dmg does your personal DR further mitigate that incoming dmg?
    Yes it does.
    • Is this a good encounter for maintaining threat?
    Depends on how much damage your party members are taking. On a boss like Orcus its fairly uselss. With swarms of mobs in MSP, it will build a lot of threat.
    • Can you mitigate incoming dmg by using shield?
    Yes you can.
  • haysus83#4742 haysus83 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @cilginordek said:
    > * How exactly does it work?
    >
    >
    > Your party member recieves damage. Part of that damage gets transferred to you.
    > While its in the air(for sake of explanation), it goes trough KV damage resistance, that increases with the rank of KV. So you only recieve part of that intially intercepted damage.
    > Next it hits you. You can block it, deflect it, mitigate it. It works just like any other damage from a mob.
    >
    > * Do you get the DR constantly while active even when solo?
    >
    >
    > When solo you don't get any DR, since KV DR only applies to damage coming from KV, and when solo no damage comes from KV.
    >
    > * When you mitigate party dmg does your personal DR further mitigate that incoming dmg?
    >
    >
    > Yes it does.
    >
    > * Is this a good encounter for maintaining threat?
    >
    >
    > Depends on how much damage your party members are taking. On a boss like Orcus its fairly uselss. With swarms of mobs in MSP, it will build a lot of threat.
    >
    > * Can you mitigate incoming dmg by using shield?
    >
    >
    > Yes

Thanks for the info. Now I'll be able to use this power a lot smarter.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The blocking works only when the party member is in front or side of you. Before the orcus nerf, I remember there were times when some genius healers would come up right behind me to do his thing. Then we both get hit and I die from KV and look like a nub tank that can't take a hit.