test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Griffon's Wrath and Staggering Challenge

manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
edited July 2017 in The Guard Barracks
Curious if I understand how the feat Staggering Challenge works with Griffon's Wrath. Striking an enemy with Griffon's Wrath will put the Staggering Challenge debuff on it, which last x seconds and provides a damage buff to a subsequent Griffon's Wrath strike? This is my guess, I'm at work so can't test it on a dummy, and I'm curious now and will probably forget when I get home :blush:

EDIT: Meant to add - sorry for what is probably a dumb question, I've exclusively used my GF as a Tactician and only used Conqueror loadout recently for dailies/skirmishes/non-dungeon stuff.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    @kacezet.

I need you to pull out the all the Blame Sharps.

(You'll figure it out in my second post).

Also, @crispynuts and @dairyzeus, sorry for the wrong information.

edited July 2017
    manipulos said:

Curious if I understand how the feat Staggering Challenge works with Griffon's Wrath. Striking an enemy with Griffon's Wrath will put the Staggering Challenge debuff on it, which last x seconds and provides a damage buff to a subsequent Griffon's Wrath strike? This is my guess, I'm at work so can't test it on a dummy, and I'm curious now and will probably forget when I get home :blush:

EDIT: Meant to add - sorry for what is probably a dumb question, I've exclusively used my GF as a Tactician and only used Conqueror loadout recently for dailies/skirmishes/non-dungeon stuff.

Okay, I just got done testing Staggering Challenge, I got on preview to test it after helping a certain TR figure out the archon companion bonus.

GF used in the test:

Feats used on Test GF:

ACT screen of the test.

So, if you notice, the first hit does 3615.7, and then the following two hits 4338.8 damage.

4338.8/3615.7= ~ 1.1986%. ACT and the game like to round numbers, but it really is 20%.

So, if you notice the hits, the damage bonus works as follows:

first hit: nothing
    second: 20%
    third: 20%

This is not what the mad scientist once said, of which I've been basing my data around.

(Sharp, don't give me that "you should test your own class, don't get a CW to do it for you" stuff. I trusted you T_T )

From a quick glance, the icon (looks like a red hoplite helmet) disappears after 3-4 seconds of the initial strike. I didn't frame by frame it because I'm slightly miffed about Sharpie's info and because I'm lazy.

Now, since I was curious if Sharp screwed up once more, I also checked the KC bonus.

Exact Numbers/Procs off ACT:

Cleaner ACT Number Rounded Version

The initial hit of Cleave without anything did 903.918 damage, the one with KC did 1898.23 damage

1898.23/903.918 = ~2.100002434, at least, according to my calculator (shut it, Sharp, my scientific calculator is what I had on hand)

Thankfully, Sharpie got it right this time and KC goes from a 2.0x damage bonus to a 2.1x bonus, or the Staggering bonus is an additive 10% buff.

But... still...

BLAME SHARP

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

@kacezet.

I need you to pull out the all the Blame Sharps.

(You'll figure it out in my second post).

[BLAME SHARP]
    [BLAME SHARP]
    [BLAME SHARP]
    [BLAME SHARP]
    [BLAME SHARP]

(I can not pass the chance to blame Sharpug)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @rjc9000 I tested that back before fixed damage weapons existed (as far as I can remember), so I had to get a large range of data to try and figure out how it worked and not just 1/2/3 hits. It wasn't as easy as it is for you to test it now.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Oh I see, you mean when GF had weapons with 3% range?

BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "The initial hit of Cleave"
    :o
    "hit of Cleave"
    :|
    "Cleave"
    :#
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited July 2017

Oh I see, you mean when GF had weapons with 3% range?

BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP
    BLAME SHARP

@michela123 Don't tell him that, I wanted an excuse for HAMSTER up for once :(
    *Dies silently.*

@rjc9000 I tested that back before fixed damage weapons existed (as far as I can remember), so I had to get a large range of data to try and figure out how it worked and not just 1/2/3 hits. It wasn't as easy as it is for you to test it now.

Oh, right. Back when TR and GWF only had fixed damage weapons.

But how unlucky were your weapon damage rolls when you were doing the tests?

rjc9000 said:

@rjc9000 nvm it was a flimsy excuse <.<
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Wow that is good to know, sounds like I should just spam all 3 charges in a row since the buff is so short. Didn't mean for you to have to test it!
    edited July 2017
    manipulos said:

Wow that is good to know, sounds like I should just spam all 3 charges in a row since the buff is so short. Didn't mean for you to have to test it!

Well, some people are skeptics, and they have all the justification to say "prove it", because word of mouth can sometimes be super wrong (see on Reddit for all the "x enchant nerfed" threads, when the source of the rumors are people who want to lower the price of the enchant). So, if someone disbelieves me, the proof is in the numbers, ACT logs, and screenshots.

Plus, I'm working on a side project that won't get finished for a long time that would need to explain Staggering Challenge.

rjc9000 said:

@rjc9000 nvm it was a flimsy excuse <.<</p>
    Perhaps your excuse was as thin as the edge of a sharp piece of paper...

rjc9000 said:

manipulos said:

Well, some people are skeptics, and they have all the justification to say "prove it", because word of mouth can sometimes be super wrong (see on Reddit for all the "x enchant nerfed" threads, when the source of the rumors are people who want to lower the price of the enchant). So, if someone disbelieves me, the proof is in the numbers, ACT logs, and screenshots.

Plus, I'm working on a side project that won't get finished for a long time that would need to explain Staggering Challenge.

rjc9000 said:

@rjc9000 nvm it was a flimsy excuse <.<</p>
    Perhaps your excuse was as thin as the edge of a sharp piece of paper...
    @rjc9000 I think @kacezet should convince his guild leader to rename to Fifty Shades of Blame.
  • masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Something fun- knights challenge and griffons wrath....200k crits lol
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited July 2017

When you get geared enough and in the right group, you might find you can add quite a few more zeros to the end of that...
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Ah I see...it's really the 3rd hit actually has the same increase as the 2nd. It's interesting then how the 3rd hit when all buffs/debuffs etc. are applied "appears" to always hit harder even though it's still a 20% increase. Thanks @rjc9000 for that testing and information.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I remember seeing Anvil of Doom hitting in the 10 million range on my GF. I miss those days when ITF was based on our DR and than after using that you followed it up with a Anvil of Doom and bam, boss goes down. I miss those days.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

When you get geared enough and in the right group, you might find you can add quite a few more zeros to the end of that...
    And end up beating many GWF with it.